Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Runco DTV-1100 / BD 1209s 1080p/60 issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gnnash

PostLink    Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:22 am    Post subject: Runco DTV-1100 / BD 1209s 1080p/60 issue Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I've got an issue displaying 1080p on my DTV-1100.

When displaying 1080p/60 Hz. I am missing the left and right edges of the image. Raster is within the edges of the tube, and blanking is at zero - any blanking immediately starts cutting off more of the image.

Adjusting Horizontal Phase allows me to effectively scroll through the whole image, but I can't get it all to appear at once.

Playing with porches on a computer allowed me to see the whole image at once, but I obviously can't do that with a moome box, so all of my sources through it have the edges cut off.

Any thoughts? Thanks!
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Upgrade to a Cine 9, then youll get it to just fit without losses Wink

Its extremely close though. Then youll probably find 720p wont fill the width at all.

I dont know the answer to this other than buy a scaler of sorts.
Francisco

PostLink    Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

this only can be solved with adjusted porch settings. So you will need PC or scaler to do this. I don't know if you have high scanning mode on this machine, that could be a solution as well.
Also on an 909 or Cine9 you'll have this problem more or less. Then the whole image is displayed but you'll have raster ringing that also need to be adjusted, with porch adjustments.
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, not to the same degree on a Cine 9, bluray player and standard PC 1920x1080p @60Hz fits within the raster. Only just. 1920x1080p @50Hz will not fill the width of the screen though, its less forgiving than the NEC ever was.

Its not an uncommon thing for this to occur, most models of NEC XG have a simular issue, in my case with my 852 it fits just.
gnnash

PostLink    Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... I guess I'll have to keep my eyes open for an HD-capable scaler then.

Thanks!
gjaky

PostLink    Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just out of curiosity, I used two kind of computers as HTPC, at 1080p 60Hz the PC with nVidia VGA gave me wrapped around picture on the 6PG xtra, on the other hand the PC with integrated intel VGA did well the 1080p without wraparound.
View user's photo album (1 photos)
gnnash

PostLink    Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I can adjust the timing, with a source such as a PC, I can get the wraparound to go away by using larger porches. Unfortunately, I obviously can't do that from my receiver or Blu-Ray player.

I have a thought though - I wonder if I was able to change the EDID of the Moome box to have longer porches at 1080p, if my receiver will output an HDMI signal with larger digital porches, causing the Moome to output analog with larger porches.

I know there are linux tools for editing EDID's over HDMI or DVI... I might give this a shot when I get a chance, unfortunately it would mean setting up a linux partition on my PC.
CIR Engineering

PostLink    Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gnnash wrote:
When I can adjust the timing, with a source such as a PC, I can get the wraparound to go away by using larger porches. Unfortunately, I obviously can't do that from my receiver or Blu-Ray player.

I have a thought though - I wonder if I was able to change the EDID of the Moome box to have longer porches at 1080p, if my receiver will output an HDMI signal with larger digital porches, causing the Moome to output analog with larger porches.

I know there are linux tools for editing EDID's over HDMI or DVI... I might give this a shot when I get a chance, unfortunately it would mean setting up a linux partition on my PC.

I highly doubt this will work.

Most if not all receivers will only output industry standard timings. So when your receiver outputs 1080p is will be with a total pixel count of 2200x1125 and nothing else.

craigr

Klein K10-A Colorimeter
X-Rite i1Pro2 Spectroradiometer & Spyder Colorimeters *For JVC auto-calibration when Klein & Jeti are not applicable
Murideo Fresco SIX-G HDMI 2.x Multimedia Generator
Murideo Fresco SIX-A HDMI 2.x Analyzer
*NEW Light Illusion ColourSpace XPT Version β Color Calibration Software
Light Illusion LightSpace XPT Pro Version 10.x Color Calibration Software
*NEW OMARDRIS JVC Software Patch to use K10-A and Jeti with JVC OEM AutoCal Software!
Sencore CR7000 CRT Tube Analyzer / Rejuvenater
Authorized Dealer for Lumagen & just about everything worth buying Wink
www.CIR-Engineering.com - craigr@cir-engineering.com
Phone: 865-405-6892
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try ti find an older Lumagen HDP or HDQ. you'll gain more than just timing controls.

Athanasios

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

Marquee High Performance Bellows now shipping!!
Marquee Modifications and Performance Enhancement
Marquee C-element and Bellow removal
View user's photo album (1 photos)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: