Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Issue with Radiance 2041 at 1080p@72hz
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Decibel

PostLink    Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Found some informations about HDFury3D

http://dme.ghost2.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26040

and

http://dme.ghost2.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25787

CIR Engineering

PostLink    Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have time to read through all that. If you want to post some highlights...

craigr

Klein K10-A Colorimeter
X-Rite i1Pro2 Spectroradiometer & Spyder Colorimeters *For JVC auto-calibration when Klein & Jeti are not applicable
Murideo Fresco SIX-G HDMI 2.x Multimedia Generator
Murideo Fresco SIX-A HDMI 2.x Analyzer
*NEW Light Illusion ColourSpace XPT Version β Color Calibration Software
Light Illusion LightSpace XPT Pro Version 10.x Color Calibration Software
*NEW OMARDRIS JVC Software Patch to use K10-A and Jeti with JVC OEM AutoCal Software!
Sencore CR7000 CRT Tube Analyzer / Rejuvenater
Authorized Dealer for Lumagen & just about everything worth buying Wink
www.CIR-Engineering.com - craigr@cir-engineering.com
Phone: 865-405-6892
Decibel

PostLink    Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FIRMWARE UPDATE

HDFury developer in HDFury forum wrote:
Please find below the very latest stable Firmware for your 3Dfury device. We recommend anyone to upgrade as it includes major performance improvement. Read below for a full list of improvements compared to current firmware shipped.
Feel free to request more features and report on any issue you might have.
Please note that you must be registered/logged in order to download the attached upgrade files.

*** FPGA and FW UPDATE procedure ***

1. Connect 3Dfury/HDfury4 USB to PC (using the supplied USB > Mini USB powercable)
2. Execute 3D_201211262012.exe
3. Execute 3DFURY_V1.21.exe
4. Cycle power to try out.

CHANGE LOG

*** 1.19 UPDATE ***

1: 720p50Hz 3d framepack support added.

2: 720p50/60(2D) --> 720p100/120(2D) when DIP7 is ON

3: 720p50 and 720p60 3d framepack semipassthrough added for simulview support on 3D displays.
This mode is activated automatically when DIP7 and DIP8 are ON.
In this mode Video is passed through to the output but 3d emitter signal is processed so Fury glasses will work in simulview mode with any 3d display.

4. 720p120 input converted to 720p60 3D Framepack mode. This mode activates if DIP7 is ON and the input is 720p120.

5. 720p100 input converted to 720p50 3D Framepack mode. This mode activates if DIP7 is ON and the input is 720p100.

6: 1080p72Hz superspeed BETA 2D mode added. This mode has the following timing parameters:
fclk = 187.11MHz
2310 htot
1920 hact
88 h front porch
44 h width

1125 vtot
1080 vact
4 v front porch
5 v width

This is only useful in analog output due to exceeded HDMI speed limit.

The cycle of frame-rate button is changed for 2D 1080p24 input mode:
24Hz -> 48Hz -> 72Hz(normal) -> 72Hz (187.11MHz) -> 24Hz ....

HDFURY 3D AS SCALER!!!

HDFury developer in HDFury forum wrote:

Hi Everyone !

Here is another updated beta release of the scaler firmware operating on the HDfury4/3Dfury platform!
It is essentially a brand new product just using the current HDfury4/3Dfury-platform.
There are two separate updates in the .zip package. You need to run both to update the MCU and the FPGA for the scaling functions.
The basic idea is that any input video/graphics is converted to a particular video/graphics output mode dictated by the DIPs and the two buttons on top.
Any input can be up-scaled or down-scaled to a specified resolution up to NOW 1080p96 for CRT PJ!
An updated PC software for custom porch settings is included.

Operating instructions:

- The slide switch LEFT/RIGHT on the side of the unit selects whether Video or Graphics output mode is selected.
"L" = Video modes (720p/1080i/1080p/...."
"R" = Graphics modes (1280x1024, 1600x1200, 1920x1200...)
"MID" = Locked mode. Buttons and horizontal shift controls are disabled so that they are not accidentally changed.

- The buttons on the top of the unit now function as UP and DOWN function for the given output mode (video/graphics)
Video mode in 60Hz: 480p <-> 720p60 <-> 1080i30 <-> 1080p60
Video mode in 50Hz: 576p <-> 720p50 <-> 1080i25 <-> 1080p50
Graphics mode [NOW 50 or 60Hz]: 1024x768 <-> 1360x768 <-> 1280x1024 <-> 1600x1200 <-> 1920x1200

- DIP8 controls the 50/60Hz selection so that "OFF = 60Hz" and "ON = 50Hz"

Note1: we allow conversion into any of the above mentioned modes. E.g. if user sets up 1600x1200 then all input video is converted to that PC resolution.
Note2: we enable conversion between 50 and 60Hz and deliberately leave it up to the user to optimize based on the content as desired.
Note3: 50Hz graphics modes added. These are according to CVT standards at 50Hz. If the DIP8 (50/60Hz) is "ON" then also the graphics modes are frame rate converted to 50Hz.

- DIP7 activates a slew of specialized functions. If "ON" then:

1. When the input is a movie (1080p24) the buttons on the top of the unit control specialized frame rate conversion
1080p24 <> 1080p48 <> 1080p72 [2.40 Aspect Ratio] <-> 1080p72 [FULL] <-> 1080p96 [2.40 AR] <> CUSTOM [GUI controlled]

Gui for scaler functions

Decibel

PostLink    Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I understood the cause of the problem that plagues my projector.
When increase the vertical frequency, increases the phenomenon of "wrap around" of the raster at right edge.
At 48 hz frequency the issue is minimal, therefore can be controlled with the projector's menu or with the management of timings placing the image away from the right edge.
At 72 hz frequency the phenomenon is very pronounced and shifting much the image away from the right side, it comes out from the other side.
If I could eliminate the problem of the "wrap around" of the raster I'm sure that I will have the full image at 1080p@72hz.
Which board can be responsible of this issue?
I did a video and will post it when I have finished to uploading it to YouTube

p.s. To make the video, I reduced contrast, increased the brightness and reduced the raster horizontally
Then I used the control HPhase to shift the image.

CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CIR Engineering wrote:
Decibel wrote:

[img][/img]

You should also set you Fury to 16-235 (jumper 4).

craigr

Beat me to it Craig Wink
Decibel

PostLink    Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decibel wrote:

p.s. To make the video, I reduced contrast, increased the brightness and reduced the raster horizontally

Here the video ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIuUiGulnNA

CIR Engineering

PostLink    Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decibel wrote:
Decibel wrote:

Here the video ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIuUiGulnNA

That is not at all abnormal.

I think what is happening is that the HDF is rescaling the image in your signal chain and changing the timings that you have the Lumagen set to output. It would be nice if the HDF had a "pass through" mode where it didn't scale.

craigr

Klein K10-A Colorimeter
X-Rite i1Pro2 Spectroradiometer & Spyder Colorimeters *For JVC auto-calibration when Klein & Jeti are not applicable
Murideo Fresco SIX-G HDMI 2.x Multimedia Generator
Murideo Fresco SIX-A HDMI 2.x Analyzer
*NEW Light Illusion ColourSpace XPT Version β Color Calibration Software
Light Illusion LightSpace XPT Pro Version 10.x Color Calibration Software
*NEW OMARDRIS JVC Software Patch to use K10-A and Jeti with JVC OEM AutoCal Software!
Sencore CR7000 CRT Tube Analyzer / Rejuvenater
Authorized Dealer for Lumagen & just about everything worth buying Wink
www.CIR-Engineering.com - craigr@cir-engineering.com
Phone: 865-405-6892
Decibel

PostLink    Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I think what is happening is that the HDF is rescaling the image in your signal chain and changing the timings that you have the Lumagen set to output. It would be nice if the HDF had a "pass through" mode where it didn't scale.

craigr

I think the same thing.
But unfortunately HDF don't have pass through feature.
Confused

kabuby77

PostLink    Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try to decrease the horizontal size from barco
Decibel

PostLink    Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kabuby77 wrote:
Try to decrease the horizontal size from barco

I tried to do everything: in the video that I posted you can see very well that I have already reduced the horizontal size of the raster (well within the screen to show the effect of the wrap around).
No command solves the problem of the wrap around.

Cir Engineering wrote:

The administrator of the forum HDF has just said that the Fury does not act on timings and pass through the timings in every conditions.
http://dme.ghost2.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=287657#287657
wildchild22 HDF Site Admin wrote:
The hdfury 4 passes though all video timings. What timings are not passed through?

Curt in a discussion some time ago had already dealt with this issue.

http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=284712#284712
Curt Palme wrote:
Well, spec wise it says it will do it, but I sent an 1100 to Alan Gouger, and he experience the wraparound. I kept telling him to try an RGB source, got lots of info from Greg Eisemann and MadMrH about what boards to swap, blah blah. After about 3 shipments of boards, I got Alan to send back the unit and refunded his money.

Once I got the set back, it turned out that the Moome external box I used to test the set was perfect at 1080p, but the Fury1 and Fury2 (which Alan was using) caused wraparound. I haven't tried the Fury3, as this was a couple of years ago and it wasn't out yet. A scaler between the source and Fury or Fury and projector should solve the problem as well. Alan had a scaler, but I don't think it had front and back porch adjustments, or we didn't try that at the time.

As for the info and board swap, it was really a bunch of nonsense, as both Mad and Greg told me a number of different things over a few weeks, and in the end gave me sh*t for selling the set as a 1080p capable one. Turns out you can't swap the crucial boards between the Data and Graphics, as a bunch of the board combinations won't work. The controller board software is what limits the scan rate in Barcos (I always thought it was the H board until that time), so in order to get rid of the image wraparound and to turn the set into a Graphics 1209s, the only 'proper' way to do it is to swap a full set of boards over from a BG1209s. Fortunately I've got a few BG1208s with low hours on them, so that's what I'll do with this one.

So, net result: the Runco 1100 will work fine at 1080p under some conditions/sources, but it will show wraparound on a bunch of combinations.

Maybe it's a known issue that certain Barco projectors, raising the V frequency, wrap the raster.

Ile

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you still have pc as a source, that could do anything. Wink

Sometimes when resolution/clock is too high for selected display and "scrolling mode" is enabled, pc limits refresh rate.
Select "generic monitor" from video card driver, that shouldn't have any limits for resolution/clock.

I'd connect pc straight to projector with vga and start tests from pc to be sure of video card settings. Even better if you have crt monitor for testing.
kabuby77

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decibel wrote:
Maybe it's a known issue that certain Barco projectors, raising the V frequency, wrap the raster.

I think the projector do not set the correct timings for H & V, perhaps you are between 2 banks. You said that 75p is correct, try to add pixels to the image.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: