Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Help with the Sony G90, error code 66!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fordrang

PostLink    Posted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:46 am    Post subject: Help with the Sony G90, error code 66!!! Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I turn the power switch off and on, I get 88 in RED and then 88 in orange, then stays in 66 orange.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance
Fordrang
ElTopo

PostLink    Posted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.curtpalme.com/docs/SonyG90_Error_Codes.pdf

PostLink    Posted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Help with the Sony G90, error code 66!!! Reply with quote

Fordrang wrote:
I turn the power switch off and on, I get 88 in RED and then 88 in orange, then stays in 66 orange.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance
Fordrang

Does the orange 66 get thrown right when you turn on the rocker switch, or when you power up from standby? Have you just been working inside the projector?

craigr

Klein K10-A Colorimeter
X-Rite i1Pro2 Spectroradiometer & Spyder Colorimeters *For JVC auto-calibration when Klein & Jeti are not applicable
Murideo Fresco SIX-G HDMI 2.x Multimedia Generator
Murideo Fresco SIX-A HDMI 2.x Analyzer
*NEW Light Illusion ColourSpace XPT Version β Color Calibration Software
Light Illusion LightSpace XPT Pro Version 10.x Color Calibration Software
*NEW OMARDRIS JVC Software Patch to use K10-A and Jeti with JVC OEM AutoCal Software!
Sencore CR7000 CRT Tube Analyzer / Rejuvenater
Authorized Dealer for Lumagen & just about everything worth buying Wink
www.CIR-Engineering.com - craigr@cir-engineering.com
Phone: 865-405-6892
Fordrang

PostLink    Posted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:50 am    Post subject: Re: Help with the Sony G90, error code 66!!! Reply with quote

Dear Craigr,

1. I turn the rocker power switch on, and I get 88 in RED and then 88 in orange, then displays nothing, it seems that G90 is on standby.
Then I press the ON button of the remote which is mounted on G90, and it always displays 66 in orange.

2. I turn the rocker power switch on, and I get 88 in RED and then 88 in orange, then displays nothing, it seems that G90 is on standby.
This time, I try to reset the G90, start the unit in factory mode by turning off switch 1 on the 4 switch box at the outside edge of the YA board (next to S202). press the ON button which is on the remote, immerdiately hold RESET on the remote down for 5 seconds, it always displays 66 in orange.

3. I check my YA board, and my IC333 DALLAS chip is DALLAS DS1245Y-120 (9812H), it indicates that this chip is manufactured in 12 week of 1998.
Does this 66 in orange because of IC333 DALLAS chip DALLAS DS1245Y-120?
Should I try to replace the IC333 with new Dallas chip DS1245Y-120+?, then re-inti?

4. If change IC333 DALLAS chip does not help, should I update the G90 firmware?
If someone have the the firmware, please send it to me.
1. PJUpdate.zip
2. G90uv11.zip

5. I have checked the Horizontal deflection coils, and there is no burn indication.

All the expert advice and information you guys share in this forum is greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Fordrang

Last edited by Fordrang on Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:46 am; edited 1 time in total
CIR Engineering

PostLink    Posted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, your Dallas chip is due to be changed, but it's not likely causing your current issue. I don't think there is anything wrong with your YA board. Look at IC421 on the YA and post everything that is written on the IC.

I think most likely you have an issue with your power supply or horizontal deflection board. Trouble with the G90 is that a lot of systems are interlinked so it could be a broad array of different boards.

Also, 88 > 88 > blank is the normal boot sequence and means that the projector is properly booting up.

craigr

Klein K10-A Colorimeter
X-Rite i1Pro2 Spectroradiometer & Spyder Colorimeters *For JVC auto-calibration when Klein & Jeti are not applicable
Murideo Fresco SIX-G HDMI 2.x Multimedia Generator
Murideo Fresco SIX-A HDMI 2.x Analyzer
*NEW Light Illusion ColourSpace XPT Version β Color Calibration Software
Light Illusion LightSpace XPT Pro Version 10.x Color Calibration Software
*NEW OMARDRIS JVC Software Patch to use K10-A and Jeti with JVC OEM AutoCal Software!
Sencore CR7000 CRT Tube Analyzer / Rejuvenater
Authorized Dealer for Lumagen & just about everything worth buying Wink
www.CIR-Engineering.com - craigr@cir-engineering.com
Phone: 865-405-6892
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DO NOT start updating things like firmware unless you want t ruin your ya board. As Craig says, the problem is NOT on your YA board. but do change your Dallas chip regardless. You will need to send boards out for testing or buy replacements. I can test or repair boards for you if you want.
Fordrang

PostLink    Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CIR Engineering wrote:
Well, your Dallas chip is due to be changed, but it's not likely causing your current issue. I don't think there is anything wrong with your YA board. Look at IC421 on the YA and post everything that is written on the IC.

I think most likely you have an issue with your power supply or horizontal deflection board. Trouble with the G90 is that a lot of systems are interlinked so it could be a broad array of different boards.

Also, 88 > 88 > blank is the normal boot sequence and means that the projector is properly booting up.

craigr

Dear Craigr,

Any way, thanks for your useful information.

1. I will stop my idea of updating G90 firmware.

2. Accordring to your reference, I will be due to replace DALLAS chip ICC333 with DS1245Y - 120+.

3. I want to know, when can I replace my DALLAS chip IC333? Must I wait for SONY G90 is repaired or replace DALLAS chip IC333 with error code 66 in orange now?
If it is suggested to change DALLAS chip IC333 with error code 66 in orange, please tell me the details.

Thanks in advance.

Fordrang
Fordrang

PostLink    Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I locate in China, and I just get this G90 from USA on EBAY, the seller said this SONY G90 is good before shipment.
Information of G90 seller herein attached:
Address: Westside Supply Co., 5010 West 140, Brookpark, Ohio 44142, USA
Mr: welderguy1
Phone: 216-267-9353
Fax: 216-267-3823

Any way, thanks for your useful information.

1. I will stop my idea of updating G90 firmware.
2. Accordring to your reference, I will be due to replace DALLAS chip ICC333 with DS1245Y - 120+.
3. I want to know, when can I replace my DALLAS chip IC333?
Must I wait for SONY G90 is repaired or replace DALLAS chip IC333 with error code 66 in orange now?
If it is suggested to change DALLAS chip IC333 with error code 66 in orange, please tell me the details.

4. Please tell me the details of which boards must be testing or buy replacements? Because I am a newer on G90, please give the pictures of the replacements boards?

Thanks in advance.

Fordrang
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> CRT Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: