Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

NEEDED: Genuine Sony LMP-H200 Lamp - VPL-VW50 Works mac!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Digital Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeremy112

PostLink    Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:05 pm    Post subject: NEEDED: Genuine Sony LMP-H200 Lamp - VPL-VW50 Works mac!! Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Just about everywhere I look there is a "Original Sony LMP-H200 Lamp For VPL-VW50" bulb everywhere... Yeah well how come its actually harder to find a higher priced genuine Sony bulb??

My VPL-VW50's bulb will not light, so its assumed that the cheapie bulb the guy I bought it from put in the projector is just that, a cheap piece of junk (and he wondered why the image was darker).

If ANYONE knows where to get a GENUINE Sony LMP-H200 lamp thats not used or refurbished etc... PLEASE let me know...

I have checked Amazon, ebay, And of course my first 2 options were Sony and AVS, which both are on back order (who the hell knows when that will get shipped right?)

If anyone here has one (hell Ill even take a used working genuine sony lamp over a cheapie "FOR SONY" bulb) I would much appreciate your help!

Last edited by Jeremy112 on Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.partstore.com/Part/Sony/Sony/LMPH200/New.aspx
RayN999

TV/Projector: Sony VPL-VW60 and Toshiba 65H84 CRT RPTV

PostLink    Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Install the XG & take the flashlight down.... You'll be much happier!
Jeremy112

PostLink    Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac, do you trust that company? My only fear of buying a bulb for that much is that it may not be a good bulb, but I would trust your word over an ebay or amazon seller any day.

PostLink    Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats wrong with Osram Bulbs? They are probably the makers for Sony. Been around for a very long time.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SONY-LMP-H200-LMPH200-PROJECTOR-LAMP-HOUSING-/370530640208?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item564558e150

PostLink    Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeremy112 wrote:
Mac, do you trust that company? My only fear of buying a bulb for that much is that it may not be a good bulb, but I would trust your word over an ebay or amazon seller any day.

Well, what I can't do is tell you that this lamp or that lamp is any better then another one. Any one has the possibility of going bad prematurely.

What I can tell you is that most techs have found that only the original manufacturers lamps seem to hold up. What I can also tell you is that Partstore is a factory authorized parts center for many brands and usually only supplies OEM parts. And, a lot of techs buy from them. I have on many occasions.

Other then that it's a crap shoot...... Very Happy
Jeremy112

PostLink    Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matrix wrote:
Whats wrong with Osram Bulbs? They are probably the makers for Sony. Been around for a very long time.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SONY-LMP-H200-LMPH200-PROJECTOR-LAMP-HOUSING-/370530640208?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item564558e150

I bought the VPL-VW50 from a guy on ebay who, when he replaced his original bulb with a new bulb from ebay, said that the image appeared darker, and thus sold the projector as-is.

Now I can't be 100% sure, but I am willing to bet that the bulb he bought off ebay was either refurbed, used and sold as new, and was also a cheaper bulb (price wise). This is most likely why the image on screen was darker (and yes I had a hell of a time tweaking the projector to get it to a watchable state myself.)

I am confident that an actual bulb that sony would have used, would be a better bulb even if it just lasted longer and was still only as bright.

I used the projector right around the 700 hour mark and thats when the bulb stopped working. I'm not sure the bulb IS the issue, but other than that the projector attempts to operate as usual. Plus I have not found much of anything to support the possibility of a faulty bulb power supply.

Mac, I will wait a while (got my CRT PJ in position again) just to see if sony or AVS get anymore bulbs. If they don't have anything after a month or so, I will try that link you provided. I just dont trust ebay or amazon for this kind of thing (a friends Sony SXRD TV's bulb went out recently, and it was a replacement bought on ebay a few months ago).

So thank you all for your advice, I hope the PJ is ok!

PostLink    Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have other places that have the lamp in stock and for more then half that cost and claim to be OEM. I just can't promise anything. Of course if it was me, I probably would buy the lesser cost one as long as the supplier gave me some warranty. I would also avoid Ebay. If you want those other suppliers let me know.
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only bought one non OEM bulb off eBay for a digital Sony DLP RP set for $100, and it was fine. Mind you, that's the ONLY bulb I've ever installed in any digital. Smile
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curt Palme wrote:
I've only bought one non OEM bulb off eBay for a digital Sony DLP RP set for $100, and it was fine. Mind you, that's the ONLY bulb I've ever installed in any digital. Smile

Doesn't this bulb delima just make it all the more reason to stay away from digital's....... Laughing

You light cannon users can bash CRT all you want but you still just own a piece of crap...... Cool
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

macgyver655 wrote:
Curt Palme wrote:

Doesn't this bulb delima just make it all the more reason to stay away from digital's....... Laughing

You light cannon users can bash CRT all you want but you still just own a piece of crap...... Cool

Awwww Mac just made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside Mr. Green

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
Jeremy112

PostLink    Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I am a CRT'er, my VPL-VW50 is my projector for my computer room. I have my 9PG Xtra in the home theater now (since I was planning on mounting my XG1100 and the bulb took a crap in the Sony pearl...

Took about 30 minutes to mechanically, and electronically setup the 9PG Xtra... God its great to have a NOS CRT projector! And the colors,... something the Pearl can't even come close to!

The pearl will probably be getting stored in the closet for a month or so... Stupid light bulb

PostLink    Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And Mac, Ill take those other suppliers if you have them, just to keep my options open Smile
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeremy112 wrote:
Hey, I am a CRT'er, my VPL-VW50 is my projector for my computer room. I have my 9PG Xtra in the home theater now (since I was planning on mounting my XG1100 and the bulb took a crap in the Sony pearl...

Don't get your back up. It's just an Analog thing Laughing

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeremy112 wrote:
And Mac, Ill take those other suppliers if you have them, just to keep my options open Smile

Note the warranties:

http://www.dlplampsource.com/lmp-h200-projector-replacement-lamp.html?gclid=CLbsmdDIuawCFZFb7AodvGWGrA

http://www.bulbsolutions.com/Sony_LMP_H200_Lamp_Module_p/lmp-h200.htm?gclid=CK-28NPIuawCFQFX7AodDktCqw

http://www.apexlamps.com/index.php?main_page=product_lamp_info&cPath=1_2&products_id=1174&gclid=CLeFgubIuawCFYtR7Aod1yuLqA

http://www.projectorquest.com/lmph200.html
Jeremy112

PostLink    Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnalogRocks wrote:
Jeremy112 wrote:

Don't get your back up. It's just an Analog thing Laughing

Too late, I have my 9PG Xtra sitting in place of my old in wall aquarium, and aside from the projector not being as sharp as the Sony pearl, it has better color, smoother appearance, oh and its not digimital Razz

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac, and to all, I just thought I'd let ya know that I did suck it up and buy one of them cheap ass bulbs on ebay to see if the projector works. It does, and to my surprise this knock off bulb has quite good brightness, a lot brighter than the old bulb was!

So I don't think it was the ballast of the projector... but never hurts to make sure Razz Now its time to see if this thing has a value for resale. I don't think I'll be using this projector, I'd rather upgrade to a newer sony or JVC projector. Maybe a Christie if I win the lotto Wink

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just remember that an aftermarket lamp does not have proper UV filtering that an OEM lamp does. So you will be burning polarizers and filters in no time.
Jeremy112

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

macgyver655 wrote:
Just remember that an aftermarket lamp does not have proper UV filtering that an OEM lamp does. So you will be burning polarizers and filters in no time.

Actually it looks like an original sony, just rebuilt, I can see where they did the repair to the bulb. Either way I wont be the one putting hours on it, and I do plan on recommending the actual bulb for the best performance from the projector to anyone who is interested in buying it.

To be honest I was expecting the new bulb to explode because it was so cheap lol. That's some good advice though on the bulbs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Digital Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: