Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

FAQ: DVDO iScan Duo Video Processor

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> ChromaPure Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-RS56

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:45 pm    Post subject: FAQ: DVDO iScan Duo Video Processor Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
DVDO iScan Duo Video Processor

Order today at an exclusive CurtPalme.com reduced price! GO

We've worked out an exclusive deal for our members to bring you this product at a price lower than what everyone else pays anywhere on the internet! Buy direct from our ChromaPure partner at prices lower than buying off their own website! Same product, same support, just more money in your pocket at the end of the day.

Confused about meters? See our FAQ: Which meter is right for me?

THE TOTAL CALIBRATION SOLUTION

The DVDO iScan Duo video processor is a revolutionary product, a true game changer. Here's why: Until now there was always one weak link in the chain of video calibration. If your display lacked the proper set of calibration controls, it simply didn't matter if you had an extremely accurate meter and the world's greatest software. Without the means to adjust the image, you could not improve the display regardless of whatever calibration equipment you used.

The only solution to this problem was an external device that provided the necessary adjustments that you could place in between the source material (broadcast, DVD, or Blu-ray) and the display. Unfortunately, there were very few such devices available. There are full-featured video processor like the Radiance that did the job, but they are more expensive and out of reach for many users. There were also more affordable PC-based solutions, but these devices lacked a robust feature set and required adding a computer to your home entertainment system. The Duo changes all of this.

It is first and foremost a full-featured video processor designed from the ground up as an user-friendly addition to a quality home theater installation. It offers the following:

• Numerous inputs (analog and digital)
  • Transcoding of analog inputs into digital outputs
  • World-class scaling and deinterlacing for standard and high definition sources
  • Noise reduction
  • Detail enhancement
  • Aspect ratio control
  • Selectable output format, including up to 1080p
  • User-friendly remote control with on-screen display
With all of these features, the Duo is much like a high-end home theater receiver without the amplifier section. However, what makes the Duo truly special is the comprehensive set of video calibration controls it also offers. These include:

• Comprehensive set of video test patterns
  • 11-point greyscale adjustment
  • 11-point gamma adjustment
  • Full 3D color management, offering adjustments to the brightness, hue, and saturation of all of the primary and secondary colors
These controls allow a user or calibrator to dial in an image to near perfection. Before the Duo, there simply was no product on the market that offered this mix of powerful video processing, user-friendliness, and a full set of calibration tools at anywhere near the price of the Duo.

For more on Colour Management Systems (CMS), what they are, and why we need them, see this article by Terry Paullin (900K, PDF format). He teaches for the Imaging Science Foundation (ISF).

Specifications/Features

For a complete list of specifications and features, see our DVDO iScan Duo order page.

Reviews/Testimonials

A review of the Duo by Tom Huffman (ISF Calibrator, author of ChromaPure software) can be found here (coming soon).
For reviews/testimonials of ChromaPure calibration software & packages, see our ChromaPure order page.

Questions? Email us at chromapure@curtpalme.com

Order today at an exclusive CurtPalme.com reduced price! GO

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0

Last edited by kal on Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's photo album (18 photos)
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The DVDO iScan Duo is now available as a standalone product (not bundled) at a special CurtPalme.com discounted price.

To order or for more details, see here: http://www.curtpalme.com/ChromaPure_iScanDuo.shtm

Kal

AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will this pass a 3D signal?

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They added 3D passthrough as of firmware v2.30:

Quote:
DVDO iScan Duo firmware v2.30

New iScan Duo firmware v2.30 The iScan Duo's 3D Pass-Through feature allows 3D content to pass through the Duo unprocessed and be viewed on 3D displays and projectors. Watch video on two displays simultaneously with the new Dual Simultaneous Output feature. CMS Day and Night modes provide independent settings for optimum daytime and nighttime viewing.

With the new 3D Pass-Through feature, the iScan Duo will pass the 3D signal to a 3D display on its HDMI Video output, and simultaneously pass compatible audio formats to an older generation A/V receiver or preamp processor on its HDMI Audio output. No need to upgrade your A/V receiver or preamp to get all the benefits of 3D!!

Strickly passthrough from what I understand, as compared to the Radiance which actually processes the 3D (scale, crop and calibrate your 3D sources).

Kal

AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pass through is workable. Thanks Kal.

CRT.

HD done right!
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pass through is workable. Thanks Kal.

CRT.

HD done right!
sarahstaar

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking about buying the DVDo duo.

Quick question.

Can I set the two HDMI outputs to 2 different resolutions.

My CRT TV works in 1080i only. My CRT projector works best at 720p.

Both my TV and projector both have HDMI inputs but I do want to run them at different resolutions.

So can I set up the two outputs,

Output 1 1080 I
output 2 720p
TomHuffman

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, as long as only one of them is active at a time. The Duo detects the display connected and assigns a specific space in its memory for unique settings.

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks..
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> ChromaPure Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: