Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Lumagen 20xx output 4K interlaced ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Lumagen Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ElTopo

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:46 am    Post subject: Lumagen 20xx output 4K interlaced ? Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hi,

is this possible with the new series?

thx

Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDIT: Not sure. Just about any combination of resolution & refresh rate is possible with all Radiance models but I'm not sure if interlaced 4K is possible or if only 4K @ 24p and 4K at 30p is possible. You may want to email support@lumagen.com and ask directly.

----------

The 'core' software of the new Radiance 20xx series is based on the Radiance Mini/XS/XE software so everything the Mini/XS/XE do, the new 20xx does as well. The 20xx then expands and add extra features like a built in Darbee Darblet Image Enhancer, 4K output (204x models only), and so forth.

You won't "lose" any features with the new 20xx series as compared to earlier Radiance models. (The exception of course is if you go from something like a Radiance XS or XE with analog inputs to the Radiance 2021 or 2041 that only has digital inputs).

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0

Last edited by kal on Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's photo album (18 photos)
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the new Radiance ready to receive 4K input, so its not outdated if there in the future will be 4K players.?

Or passing 4K from something like the OPPO 103/ 105.?
ElTopo

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Input states HDMI version 1.4a and that's 4K ready. So it should be possible.
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Radiance 2041/2042 have 4K UltraHD output at 24 and 30 Hz. They do not support 4K Ultra HD output at 60Hz. That would require HDMI 2.0 who's spec has not been completely finished yet.

The 2041/2042 do not support 4K on the input side at any refresh rate.

Kal

kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To the original poster: Sorry but just noticed that you were specifically asking about 4K interlaced and not just interlaced in general so I updated my response to say:

EDIT: Not sure. Just about any combination of resolution & refresh rate is possible with all Radiance models but I'm not sure if interlaced 4K is possible or if only 4K @ 24p and 4K @ 30p is possible. You may want to email support@lumagen.com and ask directly.

Kal

AVphile

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Lumagen will support 2160i60 because of the Radiance architecture. They perform all processing in progressive scan which means the processor would need to run at 2160p60 (twice their current limit) and then re-interlace for output.

Jim @ Lumagen is not a fan of interlaced formats and indicated they will not be adding support for anything beyond 1080i72 when I inquired about previous Radiance models. Even that requires the "+" upgrade because it is running 1080p72 internally much to my surprise.

View user's photo album (2 photos)
jfbhd4

PostLink    Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know what it can do with regard to 4k, but I have it on my g90 and it looks awesome!
armstrr

PostLink    Posted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With cedia here, Sony has 2 4k PJs coming and HDMI 2.0 right around the bend...is there an upgrade path for the 20xx series to accept 4k native and be made HDMI 2.0 compatible? If not, as wonderful as these are for 1080p sources...they are basically about to be legacy devices. $2500.for that? Hmmm
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: JVC RS40, Epson 5010

PostLink    Posted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Until there are legitimate UltraHD (UHD) source devices, with available content, I wouldn't exactly consider the Lumagen "legacy".

SC
View user's photo album (10 photos)
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

armstrr wrote:
With cedia here, Sony has 2 4k PJs coming and HDMI 2.0 right around the bend...is there an upgrade path for the 20xx series to accept 4k native and be made HDMI 2.0 compatible?

Given that it requires a hardware change, I would imagine that a board swap would be required. Similar to what was done to turn the XD into an XE-3D with HDMI 1.3 support.

Kal

armstrr

PostLink    Posted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kal wrote:
armstrr wrote:
With cedia here, Sony has 2 4k PJs coming and HDMI 2.0 right around the bend...is there an upgrade path for the 20xx series to accept 4k native and be made HDMI 2.0 compatible?

Given that it requires a hardware change, I would imagine that a board swap would be required. Similar to what was done to turn the XD into an XE-3D with HDMI 1.3 support.

Kal

There is talk on a different forum that there may be a user replaceable upgrade to the 4k output models to allow then to accept 4k inputs

Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

armstrr wrote:
There is talk on a different forum that there may be a user replaceable upgrade to the 4k output models to allow then to accept 4k inputs

Do you have a link? Thanks!

Kal

armstrr

PostLink    Posted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kal wrote:
armstrr wrote:

Do you have a link? Thanks!

Kal

Hope this works
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1359018/sony-vpl-vw1000/6000#post_23791115

Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link.

So nothing is truly official (yet) nor has pricing been set for the upgrade. Rest assured, whatever the pricing is, ours will match or beat all other prices just as we've always done.

Kal

armstrr

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And...I jumped the gun... Post 64 http://www.avsforum.com/t/1489118/sony-vpl-vw1100es/60#post_23795801
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Lumagen Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: