Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Pre-calibration settings before autocal

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> ChromaPure Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drexler

PostLink    Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:56 am    Post subject: Pre-calibration settings before autocal Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hi,

I hope someone could give some advice regarding the autocal feature (my setup is: Display 3 pro, lumagen mini, chromapure 125p, Sony VW85 750h). I have tried playing with it but don't get the perfect result I was hoping for.

I started with an oversaturated gamut (mostly color saturation that was too high). However, the lumagen could only reign in the colours ever so slightly. Shouldn't it be able to get them all the way in? I can't get them all good using the internal tools. I have to choose, either saturation (high) or luminance is off in green and cyan.

How do you pre-calibrate the grey scale? As good as you can before hand creating a compromise between top/mid/bottom, or aiming at either getting the very high or low end near perfect?

I tried it twice, once in 10 and once in 5% increments. The 10% was OK, but still a bit off in the low end. The 5% measured quite good but the colour was visibly far off close to black with a very obvious green tint. I guess it doesn't measure close to black and the 5% adjustments completely threw the lower levels off?

Any other suggestions or tricks?

Any help would be really appreciated! I don't have as much time as I would like to experiment and it really takes a long time doing these pre-autocal calibrations...

Thanks!

Ted
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've moved this thread to the ChromaPure forum as it has more to do with ChromaPure than the Lumagen. (Since ChromaPure controls everything).

You do not have to pre-calibrate greyscale. Simply get brightness and contrast set correctly and then run auto-cal.

Were you not given instructions when you ordered? Might be best to send an email to support@chromapure.com

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Pre-calibration settings before autocal Reply with quote

Drexler wrote:
Any help would be really appreciated! I don't have as much time as I would like to experiment and it really takes a long time doing these pre-autocal calibrations...

All you have to do is put the display into the best Picture preset and set brightness, contrast, and sharpness. These can only be set visually. It takes a few minutes.

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like to balance the grayscale, measured at 5% and 100% before starting to use the radiance, And you whave to find the color profile in your projector whos closest to REC 709, but it have to be a bit oversaturated.

If you use a very oversaturated color profile you will get more color banding.

Also be sure you have the latest Radiance firmware.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> ChromaPure Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: