Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

IFB 1.3 card failure-Moome won't respond

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
audiogeek_00

PostLink    Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: IFB 1.3 card failure-Moome won't respond Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I bought a IFB 1.3 card about 1 year ago from Moome and it recently stopped working. Moome is not responding to my email requests for suggestions on what to do. Has anyone here been in a similar situation with Moome products? Did it get resolved? What were your experiences? $330 is not BIG money, but I would hope to get a few years out of it. If anyone here has gotten some resolution then I will be patient and work with him. Otherwise, my money will go towards saving for a digital projector instead of fixing/replacing the board. I'm hoping for getting the board issue resolved.
Best,
Tim
ecrabb
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: JVC RS40, Epson 5010

PostLink    Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I exchanged a few emails with Moome about getting an IFB repaired, and while I didn't follow through, I did have confidence that he would receive and repair the board. However, my memory of it was that the email comm was slow, and that the turnaround time to get the board repaired would be even slower. I wouldn't expect an email reply in less than a week, and I'd guess turnaround on your board would be at least a couple of weeks, if not a month or more. Just my sense of the situation, though - no first-hand experience.

SC
View user's photo album (10 photos)
audiogeek_00

PostLink    Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SC, thanks for the reply. Based on the initial interaction I had when purchasing the board, which took some time to get a confirmation of shipment, that it would take some time to get this latest issue resolved. Perhaps I had some unrealistic expectations based on some interactions with Moome when I first received the card. I did have some issues when I first got the board and Moome was very responsive with instructions to remedy the issue, so I was hoping for the same response. I guess I'll wait and see what happens. I'll use the time not watching movies to catch up on some reading.
Best,
Tim
Ron W

PostLink    Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: IFB 1.3 card failure-Moome won't respond Reply with quote

audiogeek_00 wrote:
I bought a IFB 1.3 card about 1 year ago from Moome and it recently stopped working. Moome is not responding to my email requests for suggestions on what to do. Has anyone here been in a similar situation with Moome products? Did it get resolved? What were your experiences? $330 is not BIG money, but I would hope to get a few years out of it. If anyone here has gotten some resolution then I will be patient and work with him. Otherwise, my money will go towards saving for a digital projector instead of fixing/replacing the board. I'm hoping for getting the board issue resolved.
Best,
Tim

I don't know whether your experience was the same as mine and although the previous generation products, I went through TWO Moome V2 versions inside of a year because the video "auto-lock" feature which, for some unknown reason, in each case, over a matter of three to four months, gradually failed to the point where I was ultimately never getting a picture and/or audio. Based on eventual communication with Moome, it seemed it was a design defect with some models. It would have been better if a manual choice of inputs could have been designed in to the unit, it was not, hence, the eventual failures with both my original and the replacement. Because the cost of shipping and repair was just not worth it, I scrapped the Moome and went back to a Fury 3 which has the manual choice of inputs and after a year and a half, I have been without any of these problems I experienced with the Moome units. Also, the people at Fury were much quicker to respond and ultimately dealing with any issues. As you have seen, Moome is not.

Some have stated the Moome's picture was superior to the Fury 3, however, I, personally, saw no difference and over the mid-long haul for me, the Moome product was just not reliable enough thus, no more purchases.
audiogeek_00

PostLink    Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does the Fury 3 inteface with the PJ? Would I use the old RGBHV card to the Fury 3 or does it plug in like the Moome board?
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nashou66 wrote:
Scope pics of HD Fury III and Moome respectively.
Fury at 1080p@60

Moome at 1080p@72 !!!

Athanasios

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

Marquee High Performance Bellows now shipping!!
Marquee Modifications and Performance Enhancement
Marquee C-element and Bellow removal
View user's photo album (1 photos)
audiogeek_00

PostLink    Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Moome signal (bottom) looks cleaner. How does that translate to the actual picture?
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

audiogeek_00 wrote:
The Moome signal (bottom) looks cleaner. How does that translate to the actual picture?

Cleaner Wink

Nashou

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

CIR Engineering

PostLink    Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nashou66 wrote:
Nashou66 wrote:
Scope pics of HD Fury III and Moome respectively.
Fury at 1080p@60

Moome at 1080p@72 !!!

Athanasios

Stealing my scope photos...

craigr

Klein K10-A Colorimeter
X-Rite i1Pro2 Spectroradiometer & Spyder Colorimeters *For JVC auto-calibration when Klein & Jeti are not applicable
Murideo Fresco SIX-G HDMI 2.x Multimedia Generator
Murideo Fresco SIX-A HDMI 2.x Analyzer
*NEW Light Illusion ColourSpace XPT Version β Color Calibration Software
Light Illusion LightSpace XPT Pro Version 10.x Color Calibration Software
*NEW OMARDRIS JVC Software Patch to use K10-A and Jeti with JVC OEM AutoCal Software!
Sencore CR7000 CRT Tube Analyzer / Rejuvenater
Authorized Dealer for Lumagen & just about everything worth buying Wink
www.CIR-Engineering.com - craigr@cir-engineering.com
Phone: 865-405-6892
Ron W

PostLink    Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

audiogeek_00 wrote:
How does the Fury 3 inteface with the PJ? Would I use the old RGBHV card to the Fury 3 or does it plug in like the Moome board?

It is an external separate device along the lines of the Moome CRT Ext HD 1.4 box. How that might interface with a PJ is something that others probably would be better able to explain.
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Craig, Yes I am!! Wink

Nashou

One Smart Dog!!!

audiogeek_00

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moome got back to me last night. He asked some questions about LEDs and such and I gave him the info. So I will see how this goes. If the card can be repaired/replaced then i'll go that route. The longer I wait the more money I can save towards a digital pj. Once the Moome card goes out again so does the Sony. I'll not invest any more in CRT tech.

Tim
audiogeek_00

PostLink    Posted: Thu May 23, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update on Moome IFB card. He received and tested the card and said that the card passed all of his tests. I'm not sure what the issue is now. I don't have a way to feed a signal to the projector any other way to tell if it is something with the projector. I have had problems before with the length of my HDMI cable (25') and had to replace it with a newer cable. I was able to plug another display up to the cable to verify that it was getting an image. I was hoping it was the card so that I didn't have to make a projector decision right now. I will not spend any more money on my 1252. When i get the card back I will try it again but I am less than optimistic. It may be that I'll end up selling the V2 card and seeing if anyone is interested in my 1252 (i'll likely let it go for the cost of shipping). If anyone has some suggestions on what to try I am all ears.
Much appreciated,
Tim
stridsvognen

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you using a Radiance.? If you do, make sure you have the last firmware, there was some trouble making handshake to the moome Card here at my setup.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: