Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

3D playback requirements w/ Moome IFB-FULLHD V2 or V3

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jarseneau

PostLink    Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:56 am    Post subject: 3D playback requirements w/ Moome IFB-FULLHD V2 or V3 Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I've been working toward getting 3D playback on a G90 for awhile and recently found a working combination. My eventual choices were taken from other members working systems but I had to substitute for my particular case. The path I ended up with:

[img][/img]

This setup allows 720p @ 120hz playback with decent results but some ghosting on the bottom 1/4 of the picture.IR

I could not get the universal IR emitter to work when I connected it to the Moome card's DIN connector. It appears to do something when I hit the MODE switch on the MOOME remote since the indicator light on the emitter turns on. I checked the IR emitter by looking at it with a digital camera which picks up the IR light and shows it in the display when it's running. I am able to see the IR when connected to the DIN connector on the OPTOMA 3D-XL. I was hoping to use the MOOME IR delay to fix the ghosting.

Is there something I'm missing to get the IR working out of the MOOME card other than the MODE switch?

The other thing that surprises me is that with the OPTOMA in use, I can use the MOOME V2 card and 3D works with that card as well.

3Dmoome1.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  24.2 KB
 Viewed:  11161 Time(s)

3Dmoome1.gif

jarseneau

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am wondering how to use the DIN connector/IR function on the IFB V3 card? Currently I'm using the IR output on the Optoma. Can anyone tell me how to use the 3-pin DIN connector on the IFB card. Does it work with only certain devices? Is there a jumper setting? I know about the button on the remote to activate 3D mode which makes the red LED come on. With the moome red LED lit, the universal IR sender does turn on it's mode light but there is no IR coming out which I can tell by pointing a digital camera at the IR sender. The camera can 'see' IR when I engage it from the Optoma.
CIR Engineering

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read Moome's manual closely. One of the HDMI inputs supports Lumagen 3D HDMI protocols and the other takes sync off the vertical pulse. You need to use the HDMI input that uses the vertical pulse unless you are using a Radiance.

Also, some 3D transmitters (and 3D glasses) don't work with refresh rates other than ones used by the projector (display) that they were designed to work with. For example, if I set my XPand 103 glasses to Samsung protocal and then run the G90 at 96Hz than the glasses don't work (Samsung uses 120Hz). If I set the same X103 glasses to JVC protocol and use a JVC transmitter than they work fine at 96Hz.

My favorite combo that I recommend to my clients right now are the Samsung IR glasses from a year ago and this transmitter: eBay auction 150882830472.

This one also works well: eBay auction number 321027849223.

craigr

Klein K10-A Colorimeter
X-Rite i1Pro2 Spectroradiometer & Spyder Colorimeters *For JVC auto-calibration when Klein & Jeti are not applicable
Murideo Fresco SIX-G HDMI 2.x Multimedia Generator
Murideo Fresco SIX-A HDMI 2.x Analyzer
*NEW Light Illusion ColourSpace XPT Version β Color Calibration Software
Light Illusion LightSpace XPT Pro Version 10.x Color Calibration Software
*NEW OMARDRIS JVC Software Patch to use K10-A and Jeti with JVC OEM AutoCal Software!
Sencore CR7000 CRT Tube Analyzer / Rejuvenater
Authorized Dealer for Lumagen & just about everything worth buying Wink
www.CIR-Engineering.com - craigr@cir-engineering.com
Phone: 865-405-6892
jarseneau

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Craig, very good information about HDMI input providing different support. I'm not sure if I'm looking at the same manual you mention but I didn't see anything about this in the 13 page user manual. I'll have to check it out by trying each HDMI input.

I currently have the Universal Gen2 IR emitter which is made by 3DTV corp. who also make the Ebay 150882830472 so may be very similar but likely puts out more IR than I want. This emitter has a 'mode' button which I set to the 'ORANGE' mode to be compatible with the Nvidia glasses.

CIR Engineering

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jarseneau wrote:
Thanks Craig, very good information about HDMI input providing different support. I'm not sure if I'm looking at the same manual you mention but I didn't see anything about this in the 13 page user manual. I'll have to check it out by trying each HDMI input.

I currently have the Universal Gen2 IR emitter which is made by 3DTV corp. who also make the Ebay 150882830472 so may be very similar but likely puts out more IR than I want. This emitter has a 'mode' button which I set to the 'ORANGE' mode to be compatible with the Nvidia glasses.

The GEN2 is a little weird and doesn't always work as advertised or with all glasses that is says it supports. Then newer emitter that I linked to works with everything I've thrown at it. I no longer recommend the GEN2 now that there are better alternatives.

Good luck!
craigr

Klein K10-A Colorimeter
X-Rite i1Pro2 Spectroradiometer & Spyder Colorimeters *For JVC auto-calibration when Klein & Jeti are not applicable
*NEW OMARDRIS JVC Software Patch to use K10-A and Jeti with JVC OEM AutoCal Software!
jarseneau

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CIR Engineering wrote:
Read Moome's manual closely. One of the HDMI inputs supports Lumagen 3D HDMI protocols and the other takes sync off the vertical pulse. You need to use the HDMI input that uses the vertical pulse unless you are using a Radiance.

Taking another look at the manual I noticed the last item in the features table that Lumagen is supported on HDMI1 so HDMI2 would be the one to use. I tried that setup, connecting the GEN2 to the DIN on the moome card but no IR coming out. Could be the thing you mentioned about certain emmiters and refresh rates. I ordered one of the other emitters you recommended. Will those emitters work with Nvidia glasses or are there certain IR glasses you use?

CIR Engineering

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jarseneau wrote:
CIR Engineering wrote:

Taking another look at the manual I noticed the last item in the features table that Lumagen is supported on HDMI1 so HDMI2 would be the one to use. I tried that setup, connecting the GEN2 to the DIN on the moome card but no IR coming out. Could be the thing you mentioned about certain emmiters and refresh rates. I ordered one of the other emitters you recommended. Will those emitters work with Nvidia glasses or are there certain IR glasses you use?

I know it will work with original equipment Samsung glasses. If you get Samsungs, don't buy the generics because they often only work at 120Hz. Seems backwards because Samsung TV's don't support 96Hz, but their glasses do... and aftermarket Samsung don't.

You can get OK condition Samsung IR glasses on eBay from between $30~50.

craigr

Klein K10-A Colorimeter
jarseneau

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CIR Engineering wrote:
jarseneau wrote:
CIR Engineering wrote:

I know it will work with original equipment Samsung glasses. If you get Samsungs, don't buy the generics because they often only work at 120Hz. Seems backwards because Samsung TV's don't support 96Hz, but their glasses do... and aftermarket Samsung don't.

You can get OK condition Samsung IR glasses on eBay from between $30~50.

craigr

For the glasses do you mean the SSG-2100AB model such as ebay item 130812479904?

CIR Engineering

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are them.

Also, I meant to say in the earlier post that the generic Samsung glasses don't often work with 96Hz, they all work at 120Hz. The OEM Samsung glasses like ebay auction will work at 96Hz and 120Hz.

craigr

Klein K10-A Colorimeter
jarseneau

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still can't seem to run the IR emitter from the moome card even with the recommended emitter (eBay auction number 321027849223) and Samsung SSG-2100AB glasses. They work when plugged into the Optoma 3D-XL 3-pin port and it is an improvement over the nVidia glasses but I still get a bit of green ghosting at the bottom of the screen.

I notice that there are 2 lights on the emitter. One lights when turned on and both come on when it's sending IR. I get both with the Optoma but only 1 with the moome card when the moome 3D is turned on and its red LED is on and I'm using HDMI #2. The only thing I haven't tried is connecting a 5VDC power supply to the emitter. It doesn't need one with the Optoma.

Is there something else I need to make the moome work to run the emitter?

CIR Engineering

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jarseneau wrote:
I still can't seem to run the IR emitter from the moome card even with the recommended emitter (eBay auction number 321027849223) and Samsung SSG-2100AB glasses. They work when plugged into the Optoma 3D-XL 3-pin port and it is an improvement over the nVidia glasses but I still get a bit of green ghosting at the bottom of the screen.

I notice that there are 2 lights on the emitter. One lights when turned on and both come on when it's sending IR. I get both with the Optoma but only 1 with the moome card when the moome 3D is turned on and its red LED is on and I'm using HDMI #2. The only thing I haven't tried is connecting a 5VDC power supply to the emitter. It doesn't need one with the Optoma.

Is there something else I need to make the moome work to run the emitter?

hmmm...

It seems to me like you have everything. The Moome card supplies 5vdc for the emitter.

craigr

Klein K10-A Colorimeter
Antoinette

PostLink    Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

noos@xp37+

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Antoinette wrote:

Hello,

CRTs are unsupported with Nvidia 3d Vison. They are supported up to forceware 286.xx - then you have CRT mode for 3d in options. But even then your specific CRT is not supported with 3d vison. Why does it matter? Because Nvidia calculates the sync via itīs known device list for every device different and sends it to the USB hub. Thats why when you use the usb hub, you get even more ghosting as the sync is very wrong. With the sync of the moome card, you still have some ghosting left, I know. So you have two ways for curing this: An emitter that can alter the sync to the glasses, so that you do a little correction in the timing of the glasses. Or you add about 100 blank lines to the picture (front or back porch - depending if ceiling or floor mounted) - the porches will move the picture into the perfect timing of the glasses. But when doing HDMI1.4 framepacks, you will not be able to customize resolutions. You will have to use forceware 286.xx and CRT mode. OR, with an later forceware, use an .inf file from another device. I talk about this here as a side note: http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=371056 ....Additionally if you monitor driver does not support 3d via framesequential (100/120) and only does framepacked, use an inf file like the one from Acer H5360. It will allow 3d framesequential with nvidia. Than add res. like you prefer to the system.
If you get an red error message: Warning: Attempt to run stereoscopic 3D in non-stereo display mode, please change to a acceptable mode...then use the solution of post two from here: http://3dvision-blog.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=30&start=30&sid=d05ab7c339ff4fa46a9e5fcac0ad916e

Have fun

Marc
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: