Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

 
Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!


sony bravia KDL -40Z4500 LCD

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> 3D Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
mikezilla2



Joined: 01 Sep 2009
Posts: 15



PostLink    Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 1:18 am    Post subject: sony bravia KDL -40Z4500 LCD Reply with quote


        Register to remove this ad. It's free!
so will the 3D-Theatre work with my TV ? and if so how well , if not what else can i do ? note i dont plan on buying a new tv till OLEDS are viable


cheers Smile
Back to top
CasetheCorvetteman



Joined: 09 Nov 2008
Posts: 6319
Location: Australia


PostLink    Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep itll work, youll need to test it to see how good.

Also check out the 3D Fury, its worth a look.
Back to top
mikezilla2



Joined: 01 Sep 2009
Posts: 15



PostLink    Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eek cant say i like the idea of buy and try , i dont think the 3D fury is sold anymore in saying that tho the hd fury IV is whcih is about the same but thats more or less $400+ shipping very costly i had considerd getting a HDfury IV in the past for what i metioned in my other 2 posts but i kept putting it off becasue i found i could achieve almost the same thing that i wanted via a product that costs a no more then $60 , being a newr product wont this one word better , and there are alot of promises with this new prodcut 3D theatre - zero interference , works on any tv , dos anyone konw for sure ?
Back to top
Curt Palme
CRT Tech


Joined: 08 Mar 2006
Posts: 23739
Location: Langley, BC

TV/Projector: All of them!


PostLink    Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, AFAIK, Fury will take their unit back if it doesn't work for you. Can't say the same for $60 eBay products that claim to do the same thing, but rarely deliver.
Back to top
mikezilla2



Joined: 01 Sep 2009
Posts: 15



PostLink    Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curt Palme wrote:
Well, AFAIK, Fury will take their unit back if it doesn't work for you. Can't say the same for $60 eBay products that claim to do the same thing, but rarely deliver.


true but i wasint refering to the 3D factor just HDMI over HDMI gameplay capping , i settled on a product that cost me $4 - the HDfury are bascily beefed up hdmi/tos libk swich boxs the product that i have dos work quite well but i guess the iamge quatily might be better with the fury...

i am how ever not after a cheap $60 product here talking about 3D strictly im just looking for a straight ansawer , i might one day revisit the HD fury but for now its just a big expense
Back to top
CasetheCorvetteman



Joined: 09 Nov 2008
Posts: 6319
Location: Australia


PostLink    Posted: Sun May 12, 2013 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3D Fury is the HD Fury 4, and as Curt says they offer a pretty good garrantee.

I thought you were after a 3D Theatre? They are more expensive than a Fury 4 last i looked, and less capable.
Back to top
mikezilla2



Joined: 01 Sep 2009
Posts: 15



PostLink    Posted: Sun May 12, 2013 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HDfury4 (aka 3Dfury) Basic Kit is $399USD , 3d emitters are $50 .........

a 3D theatre is 199USD on its own

with an emitter and glasses its $289USD , all these prices are with out postage or tho the curtpalme ones say NA shipping


so yea unlesss i decide that i want somthing to help me record PS3 gameplay i would simply settle on a 3D theatre .........

or should i just try and get a 3D-Displayer instead of a theatre ? on the trading forum thats aussming that there anrnt any huge improvements in the theatre - this would just be for blu rays and games
Back to top
CasetheCorvetteman



Joined: 09 Nov 2008
Posts: 6319
Location: Australia


PostLink    Posted: Sun May 12, 2013 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those VIP units are pretty basic from what ive read of them, they only output 720p, where i think the Fury does alot more.
Back to top
mikezilla2



Joined: 01 Sep 2009
Posts: 15



PostLink    Posted: Sun May 12, 2013 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is somthng i neglected to notice and yea the furys do way more , guess its back to looking at the furys
Back to top
Ron W



Joined: 07 Aug 2009
Posts: 516
Location: Mississauga


PostLink    Posted: Sun May 12, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikezilla2 wrote:
Curt Palme wrote:
Well, AFAIK, Fury will take their unit back if it doesn't work for you. Can't say the same for $60 eBay products that claim to do the same thing, but rarely deliver.


true but i wasint refering to the 3D factor just HDMI over HDMI gameplay capping , i settled on a product that cost me $4 - the HDfury are bascily beefed up hdmi/tos libk swich boxs the product that i have dos work quite well but i guess the iamge quatily might be better with the fury...

i am how ever not after a cheap $60 product here talking about 3D strictly im just looking for a straight ansawer , i might one day revisit the HD fury but for now its just a big expense


FYI, the Fury4(3D Fury) specifies on their order page that it really doesn't work with LCD's especially at 50/60HZ(they are still working on the problem) whereas the 3D Theater doesn't seem to have an issue with them. I bought the Fury unit with the emitter and a couple of pairs of glasses a while back and for some reason, no matter how much I tried and even got the Fury people to further troubleshoot the problem, I couldn 't get the glasses to sync up with my CRT display properly and as a result I had to return the whole kit for a refund.

Although the Fury4 does allow for more resolution and output options, one difference I noticed is that despite the basic 3D Theater resolution limitations, one big advantage it seems to have over the Fury unit is that the emitter allows for considerably greater versatility in the set-up especially with the different types of displays. The Fury unit is a basic emitter/glasses sync situation where pretty much all the adjustments are limited to the glasses and if you can't get the glasses to work properly it won't work at all which is what happened in my case.
Back to top
mikezilla2



Joined: 01 Sep 2009
Posts: 15



PostLink    Posted: Sun May 12, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks very much i guess il have to play the waiting game , i could work but even for that price and with what you said i dont see why i would bother for now least i have cheap way of recording just cant get it to enocde proply in X264 with out dropping to many frames , one thing i am looking to do tho is cap my headset audio from my PS3 if anyone has any help on that would like to try record it together on the fly if possbile but i could mux it

heres the help i got on the fury forms last year

http://dme.ghost2.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=285436&highlight=#285436
Back to top
Rolls-Royce



Joined: 30 Sep 2007
Posts: 288
Location: Victorville, CA


PostLink    Posted: Mon May 13, 2013 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron W wrote:
mikezilla2 wrote:
Curt Palme wrote:
Well, AFAIK, Fury will take their unit back if it doesn't work for you. Can't say the same for $60 eBay products that claim to do the same thing, but rarely deliver.


true but i wasint refering to the 3D factor just HDMI over HDMI gameplay capping , i settled on a product that cost me $4 - the HDfury are bascily beefed up hdmi/tos libk swich boxs the product that i have dos work quite well but i guess the iamge quatily might be better with the fury...

i am how ever not after a cheap $60 product here talking about 3D strictly im just looking for a straight ansawer , i might one day revisit the HD fury but for now its just a big expense


FYI, the Fury4(3D Fury) specifies on their order page that it really doesn't work with LCD's especially at 50/60HZ(they are still working on the problem) whereas the 3D Theater doesn't seem to have an issue with them. I bought the Fury unit with the emitter and a couple of pairs of glasses a while back and for some reason, no matter how much I tried and even got the Fury people to further troubleshoot the problem, I couldn 't get the glasses to sync up with my CRT display properly and as a result I had to return the whole kit for a refund.

Although the Fury4 does allow for more resolution and output options, one difference I noticed is that despite the basic 3D Theater resolution limitations, one big advantage it seems to have over the Fury unit is that the emitter allows for considerably greater versatility in the set-up especially with the different types of displays. The Fury unit is a basic emitter/glasses sync situation where pretty much all the adjustments are limited to the glasses and if you can't get the glasses to work properly it won't work at all which is what happened in my case.


That'll depend on the LCD, Ron. Our several-year-old Sony 40" 4100-series set didn't like working with our Theater at all. 3D would go in and out of sync causing crosstalk, so we ended up using the Theater with our old Mits RPTV, where it works just fine. I'm guessing that our Sony has the same issue as JVC projectors, in that it doesn't correctly lock to the Theater's signal. This causes the display and glasses to lose sync from time to time.

The Fury costs more than the Theater for two reasons. First, it does more. It converts HDMI digital video to analog RGB or component, plus converts 3D signals to frame-sequential for display by analog 2D sets. The Theater converts 3D signals to frame-sequential 720p over HDMI only. To convert its HDMI output to analog for my RPTV, I have to use another box. Second, the Theater has been in production somewhat longer and has seen at least two price cuts to get to its current level. When I bought mine, it was $599, the price of the current Theater Plus.

_________________
....Royce....
Back to top
Ron W



Joined: 07 Aug 2009
Posts: 516
Location: Mississauga


PostLink    Posted: Mon May 13, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolls-Royce wrote:
Ron W wrote:
mikezilla2 wrote:
Curt Palme wrote:
Well, AFAIK, Fury will take their unit back if it doesn't work for you. Can't say the same for $60 eBay products that claim to do the same thing, but rarely deliver.


true but i wasint refering to the 3D factor just HDMI over HDMI gameplay capping , i settled on a product that cost me $4 - the HDfury are bascily beefed up hdmi/tos libk swich boxs the product that i have dos work quite well but i guess the iamge quatily might be better with the fury...

i am how ever not after a cheap $60 product here talking about 3D strictly im just looking for a straight ansawer , i might one day revisit the HD fury but for now its just a big expense


FYI, the Fury4(3D Fury) specifies on their order page that it really doesn't work with LCD's especially at 50/60HZ(they are still working on the problem) whereas the 3D Theater doesn't seem to have an issue with them. I bought the Fury unit with the emitter and a couple of pairs of glasses a while back and for some reason, no matter how much I tried and even got the Fury people to further troubleshoot the problem, I couldn 't get the glasses to sync up with my CRT display properly and as a result I had to return the whole kit for a refund.

Although the Fury4 does allow for more resolution and output options, one difference I noticed is that despite the basic 3D Theater resolution limitations, one big advantage it seems to have over the Fury unit is that the emitter allows for considerably greater versatility in the set-up especially with the different types of displays. The Fury unit is a basic emitter/glasses sync situation where pretty much all the adjustments are limited to the glasses and if you can't get the glasses to work properly it won't work at all which is what happened in my case.


That'll depend on the LCD, Ron. Our several-year-old Sony 40" 4100-series set didn't like working with our Theater at all. 3D would go in and out of sync causing crosstalk, so we ended up using the Theater with our old Mits RPTV, where it works just fine. I'm guessing that our Sony has the same issue as JVC projectors, in that it doesn't correctly lock to the Theater's signal. This causes the display and glasses to lose sync from time to time.

The Fury costs more than the Theater for two reasons. First, it does more. It converts HDMI digital video to analog RGB or component, plus converts 3D signals to frame-sequential for display by analog 2D sets. The Theater converts 3D signals to frame-sequential 720p over HDMI only. To convert its HDMI output to analog for my RPTV, I have to use another box. Second, the Theater has been in production somewhat longer and has seen at least two price cuts to get to its current level. When I bought mine, it was $599, the price of the current Theater Plus.


You are correct in your overall assessment of the two models and what they can and cannot do. From what I can see, I believe, in the end, when you are dealing with a "third party" piece of technology that is trying its best to take in to account every conceivable permutation and combination of equipment, its age, the set-up and on top of that, the inevitable ongoing unpredictability of HDMI connections, not everything is going to work, regardless of the model and manufacturer.

As I mentioned earlier, my specific problem with the 3D Fury was not the main box itself, it worked very well and for those that need it, as you say it does have extra advantages over the 3D Theater. Since at the time of my order of the Fury, I got the box about one month before the glasses and emitter were actually available, so when I finally received them, that is when the problems started. The emitter was quite limited in its function and I never could get the glasses to sync up, plus in doing so one of the switches on the glasses broke and that was the end of that. I understand that the Fury people are working on a more advanced more versatile emitter.

Of course as we know, many others who purchased either manufacturer's units didn't have any issues at all and the equipment worked as advertised.
Back to top
CasetheCorvetteman



Joined: 09 Nov 2008
Posts: 6319
Location: Australia


PostLink    Posted: Mon May 20, 2013 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never had these issues with nVIDIA glasses Wink
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> 3D Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum