Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Professional Help! - Record PS3 and Cable TV

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Source Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rabarbosa

PostLink    Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:25 am    Post subject: Professional Help! - Record PS3 and Cable TV Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hey guys I have a lot of question about record images. I hope that someone can help me.

I'm from Brazil but now I'm in the USA and I will go back to Brazil in June.
I want to record my gameplays and Cable TV easily. I looked a lot in the internet but I cant find a definitive solution for my case.

My Equipments:
PS3/Bluray/NetHD (the last one is Cable TV) - > HT-SS380 Sony by HDMI - > Panasonic Plasma GT30B by HDMI ARC
Headset Sony 7.1
Laptop i7 (good configuration)

Target:
Record Cable TV and PS3 in a easily way, a way where I dont need to change the cables everytime.

Possible game captures:
Avermedia Game capture HD
HD PVR1
HD PVR2
Elgato Game Capture HD

Connections:
Splitter HDMI after my HT, one output to TV and the another one to a game capture. I think that is the best way to dont need chance the cables, I am right?

Problems
1 - Game capture by HDMI
How to win the HDCP, using external game capture? Do you know if I can use some software to show and record the image in my laptop using HDPVR2 or Elgato?

2 - Game capture by component cable
I can use a conversor HDMI to component (after the splitter) and connect the output in the AverMedia Game capture HD or HD PVR1. Do you know if I will lost quality with this connection? Do you know if I can convert the HDMI signal to component without problem with the HDCP? HD Fury is the best solution? Which model of the HD Fury is ideal for my situation (PS3/Bluray/Cable TV)?

3 - Headset Sony 7.1 (It is not Pulse)
When I turn on the H7 the sound dont pass by HDMI, so I cant record by component or HDMI. I did a test to try fix this problem, I modify the output settings to multiple output, used the composite cable to check if the sound will pass, but I didnt have succes. In another words, when the H7 is on I cant use another source of sound. Do you know how I can fix this? Do u think that I need to buy another headset? What kind of headset?

I really need to use the H7 because I'm married and always I play at night, so is impossible play without H7. In the beggining I thought that to solve this problem will be very easy, but now i think totally different... is really hard.

Thank u for the help[/u]
bigge3415

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geffen makes a pvr with an hdmi passthrough you could use a similar device with an hdmi switch.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Source Devices All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: