Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Movie cover that ranks being a fine art canvas painting!

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater Design & Construction
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Movie cover that ranks being a fine art canvas painting! Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
This deserves its own topic I think.

Anyways, I have got to make a painting out of this picture and because it’s only text it works blowing up to like 100x70 cm, I used my pj to project different sizes so I know it works. Using a technique with printing the picture as a canvas cost like 150 $ or so. Though, IMHO, some movie covers just wouldn’t work because that would resemble too much of a teenagers boy room. If you have any ideas for a great canvas fell free to upload it.
mc86

TV/Projector: ECP 4500 (Vidikron box), ECP4500+, wanting 07MS/07MTS, evaluating pc soft-blend

PostLink    Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is shawshank redemption one I'd like. The link is to a company that sells these as you envision, framed and all.

Matt
thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love those iconic prison movies. Btw, I can’t wait for that new Stallone prison movie, The Tomb. It’s a bit worrisome though why they changed the name to much less cooler Escape Plan. But Stallone is always Stallone, the coolest star out there.
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

Marquee High Performance Bellows now shipping!!
Marquee Modifications and Performance Enhancement
Marquee C-element and Bellow removal
View user's photo album (1 photos)
thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That works. Will see it as well.

A fan made portrait this one. Even though the history behind it I still consider making a print canvas out of it – but only because I'm really into this kind of genre. Confused I will post another one that's on my list of paintings I want.
thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my favorite movies.
jask

PostLink    Posted: Thu May 02, 2013 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few favorites:

lots of others I can think of, North by Northwest, jaws, A clockwork orange, the Birds ( white feather on a rd background ), American Beauty ... 2001, Paper moon, Black swan, Anatomy of a murder...

View user's photo album (4 photos)
thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Thu May 02, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those would certainly work.
Tedd

PostLink    Posted: Tue May 12, 2015 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean something like these fabric printed posters?

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-dedicated-theater-design-construction/1997314-final-media-room-photos.html

I'm kind of up to speed on movie posters since I've been building a 2,500 1080x1600 collection
so I expect I could pass on some websites to find high resolution artwork. I will be using a rotated
42" hdtv project, to create a digital movie poster, using it's internal media player via a usb drive.

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/32-theater-room-items-accessories/1784465-look-what-black-friday-got-me.html

I also have a subscription to www.movieposterdb.org if you want a certain poster emailed to you......
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater Design & Construction All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: