Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Any chance for 1080i/48 support (3DFury/HDFury4)?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> 3D Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blinx123

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: Any chance for 1080i/48 support (3DFury/HDFury4)? Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
So I just had a look at the HDFury4 (AKA 3DFury) and, while I was initially blown away by the offering, I soon had to realize that this device doesn't support any frequency below 50Hz for 3D content (72Hz being the lowest HFR).

As I "only" own a Barco 1208 (which, after not being able to set up for the last 4 years due to spacial restrictions, I'll finally get to set up early next year), I probably won't be able to display video at such a high frequency.

Would anyone know of an update for this 3DFury? Is there any alternative to this offering (that also doubles as HDCP decripter)?

3D content wise, what would be the maximum a stock Barco Graphics 1208 can display, in terms of resolution and frequency?
Blinx123

PostLink    Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got word from the HDFury staff.
The next update is supposed to support 1080p/48Hz.

Still not quite what I want, but perhaps others (lower end 9" users) may want to give it a try.
Rolls-Royce

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, you probably don't want less than 60 Hz, which with the Fury and other 3D-to-2D devices used with active shutter glasses, ends up being 30 Hz per eye. Flicker can be extremely bad at lower refresh rates, and can be very noticeable at 60 Hz.

PostLink    Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can i use hdfury 4 with my barco 909 and watch 3D without buying radiance or lumagen?
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tanwn, yes, although if you have a computer with a 3D capable nVIDIA video card, you dont need the HD Fury to get 3D. I use the nVIDIA glasses and they work great, there are others that can be used too.

Rolls-Royce, not in my experience. Sega brought out LCD shutter glasses back in 1987, and even at 50Hz there was hadly any noticable flicker, at 60Hz i couldnt tell at all, using either my 9PG Plain or my XG.

Watching movies i run at 72Hz, anything higher seems to be a waste due to the slow decay rate on the green phosphor. Any light running on AC will apear to flicker badly when the glasses are on, so make sure you get rid of all the lights you can.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> 3D Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: