Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Moome and Sony 1252-1272-Anyone have experience with this?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
audiogeek_00

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Moome and Sony 1252-1272-Anyone have experience with this? Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I have a Sony VPL-1252 that I am considering adding either a Moome IFB or VIM (not interested in 3D). I recently did a face makeover of my room and one of the additions was burying a AudioQuest HDMI cable in the ceiling anticipating a future upgrade to a digital projector. but that is a year or so out. I have a 35ft Transparent RGBHV cable that i run from a Faroudja NRS scaler, but i chose not to bury it as I was going to sell it when i made the switch. If a Moome card will work then i Can get rid of the RGBHV cable and the Faroudja (not sure if the NRS has much value left in it) and use the HDMI cable. The 1252 is only good to 720p. Are there any known issues with using the card on the 1252? Is it plug in and go? What kind of adjustments would i be expected to make to the settings? Any info would be greatly appreciated. I'd invest in the card, even if it is a short term deal, if it works ok with the 1252.

Tim
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Moome Sony IFB card is what you want.

The VIM card is not for Sony's. It's for Marquee's.

Moome has one or two non-3D Sony IFB cards left only. See: http://www.curtpalme.com/IFB-FULLHD.shtm

I would run the 1252 at 1080i, not 720p. 1080i is 1920x1080 just like 1080p.

The card is plug in and go.

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
audiogeek_00

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kal wrote:
The Moome Sony IFB card is what you want.

The VIM card is not for Sony's. It's for Marquee's.

Moome has one or two non-3D Sony IFB cards left only. See: http://www.curtpalme.com/IFB-FULLHD.shtm

I would run the 1252 at 1080i, not 720p. 1080i is 1920x1080 just like 1080p.

The card is plug in and go.

Kal

Thanks Kal. I ordered the non-3D version like you suggested. Looking forward to it.

Best,
Tim
audiogeek_00

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Moome order not received yet Reply with quote

I ordered a Moome Sony IFB-FULLHD V2 13 days ago and still have not received it. Does anyone know how long it takes? Supposedly they had 2-3 in stock at the time of order. Any info greatly appreciated.
dturco

TV/Projector: Runco DLP VX-3000i Marquee 9500 parts doner

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Moome order not received yet Reply with quote

audiogeek_00 wrote:
I ordered a Moome Sony IFB-FULLHD V2 13 days ago and still have not received it. Does anyone know how long it takes? Supposedly they had 2-3 in stock at the time of order. Any info greatly appreciated.

I'm sure Kal will respond too, but, Moome usually takes 4-6 weeks to get them to you.

http://www.hulu.com/firefly
audiogeek_00

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Moome order not received yet Reply with quote

dturco wrote:
audiogeek_00 wrote:

I'm sure Kal will respond too, but, Moome usually takes 4-6 weeks to get them to you.

Thanks. Kal did respond and said its usually between 5-10 days on average. He emailed Moome so i'll await his response.

Tim
audiogeek_00

PostLink    Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got the card! It showed up 3 days after Moome emailed me saying it had shipped. Thanks Kal for emailing him for me. Now, after i get the final remodel loose ends done to my room this weekend I can get the card installed. Pretty stoked about that.

Tim
audiogeek_00

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to let you know after getting the Moome card installed I am quite happy with the results, which is quite a bit better than the Faroudja NRS I was using prior to the new IFB card from Moome. In the Faroudja's defense it was set up to upscale to 720p, but I am finding out that upscaled 480p isn't close to 1080i hi-def material. Plus at the time BD wasn't but a dream.
I had a color issue with the card initially and Moome responded very quickly and got me back up and running. Nice to know he backs up his products.
Thanks Kal for the insight. I'm a happy camper.
Tim
audiogeek_00

PostLink    Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Moome IFB for Sony died, i think... Reply with quote

After a year the Moome card stopped working. I have tried several different things to see if i can kickstart it back into action and I am unable to get a picture. Has anyone had their card die on them after a period of time? How Did Moome handle that? If it wasn't for this card the Sony would be at the recycling center. The card gave it new life. I contacted Moome yeserday but no response yet. I'll give it a few days before i send another email. Are there other altenatives to the Moome card that i might consider before i go to a digital pj?
ecrabb
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: JVC RS40, Epson 5010

PostLink    Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While not as well-regarded, I used the original HD Fury 1 for several years with my Sony 12xx, then with my Sony G70. I finally went digital just last summer.

I was very happy with the HD Fury. Basically plug-and-play, and very inexpensive compared to the Moome. You can probably find one quite inexpensively. I liked the idea of the Moome IFB, and it was very well regarded, but I also liked the more universal nature of the HD Fury.

Cheers,
SC
View user's photo album (10 photos)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: