Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Radiance XD and Barco BG808
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Lumagen Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Corleone88

PostLink    Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Weird thing happens yesterday. I plugged my new OPPO 103 for the first time to my HDQ and it was not possible to get 1080i@96 (I had only 1080i@60 recognized by the Barco). No problem with 1080i@72. I assume it is related to the input signal, but I cannot figure out what was different in my video options on the OPPO.
I also noticed that when I input the vertical refresh rate with 96, the HDQ asked if I wanted 95.904 or 96, but not this time with the OPPO 103.
CIR Engineering

PostLink    Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you guys sure that you are setting up your Radiance processors correctly? You have to assign your custom output mode to each input memory, input frequency, and input.

craigr

Klein K10-A Colorimeter
X-Rite i1Pro2 Spectroradiometer & Spyder Colorimeters *For JVC auto-calibration when Klein & Jeti are not applicable
Murideo Fresco SIX-G HDMI 2.x Multimedia Generator
Murideo Fresco SIX-A HDMI 2.x Analyzer
*NEW Light Illusion ColourSpace XPT Version β Color Calibration Software
Light Illusion LightSpace XPT Pro Version 10.x Color Calibration Software
*NEW OMARDRIS JVC Software Patch to use K10-A and Jeti with JVC OEM AutoCal Software!
Sencore CR7000 CRT Tube Analyzer / Rejuvenater
Authorized Dealer for Lumagen & just about everything worth buying Wink
www.CIR-Engineering.com - craigr@cir-engineering.com
Phone: 865-405-6892
Corleone88

PostLink    Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CIR Engineering wrote:
Are you guys sure that you are setting up your Radiance processors correctly? You have to assign your custom output mode to each input memory, input frequency, and input.

craigr

Even without it, when you set up your timings values and choose "test", you should get the correct output. Which is not the case for 1080i@72 and 1080i@96. You get 1080i@50 or 1080i@60 output whatever timings values that you enter.
Yesterday, I used the timing values on my HDQ to get 1080i@96 and it works fine.
CIR Engineering

PostLink    Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not if you are setting timings on a custom output mode that is not seleceted. If you are changing timings you must be sure that you are changing timings on the output mode that is being used at the time.

craigr

Klein K10-A Colorimeter
X-Rite i1Pro2 Spectroradiometer & Spyder Colorimeters *For JVC auto-calibration when Klein & Jeti are not applicable
*NEW OMARDRIS JVC Software Patch to use K10-A and Jeti with JVC OEM AutoCal Software!
Corleone88

PostLink    Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CIR Engineering wrote:
Not if you are setting timings on a custom output mode that is not seleceted. If you are changing timings you must be sure that you are changing timings on the output mode that is being used at the time.

craigr

Ok I got it. Well, I used custom mode 0 (a check mark is next to it) and it didn't work.
What the point of having a "test mode" button if you need to be on the output mode being used at the time?

P.S: I also have a check mark next to custom mode 2
CIR Engineering

PostLink    Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Test mode applies when you are using the output mode that you are customising. If you press "test" and the projector resyncs than you are on the output mode you are using.

The "check" marks denote modes (styles, and CMS) that are used within a memory. A "start" indicates the curent mode in use. If you are customizing the mode with a star, than you are customizing the mode in use and the settings in custom timings will apply and test mode will be applicable.

craigr

Klein K10-A Colorimeter
Corleone88

PostLink    Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am trying to have this conifguration: Oppo 103 (Yc422 1080p@24)-> Radiance XD (Yc422 input 1080p@24 output with CMS) -> HDQ (no CMS but 1080i@96 output RGB) -> Barco 808. But I have a weird picture (like when you messed up with color configuration RGB or Yc422 or Yc444). A very noisy, solarized picture. I tried to change input type on both XD or HDQ (RGB, Y422...) but I still have the problem.
Any idea where it comes from?
Thanks
Rolls-Royce

PostLink    Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually when I've seen a colorspace mismatch, there's a magenta- or green-tinted image, not solarization. I'm thinking that the projector doesn't like something about the conversion from a standard CE resolution and scanrate (1080p24) to a non-CE-standard scanrate (1080i96). Perhaps there is HDMI info in the signal that conflicts with how your input card wants to deal with 1080i96.

PostLink    Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I plug only the HDQ (output 1080i@96 from 1080p24), it is ok.
When I use only the radiance (output 1080p48 from 1080p24), it is ok.
Both at the same time, it is like black is blue, with as you said green-magenta image
Corleone88

PostLink    Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found it: it was the output type of the XD that wasn't correct !
But I also have a question about the HDQ as the colours of the picture very dull: how do you setup the hdq in order to use the scaling functions only (no CMS)?
Thanks
AVphile

PostLink    Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Corleone88 wrote:
AVphile wrote:
Corleone88 wrote:
AVphile wrote:
Corleone88 wrote:
Unfortunately, it didn't work and it needs to be fixed. So I am waiting for the next firmware.
1080i on the Radiance only accepts 50 or 60Hz Sad

Well I wrote Lumagen Support and Jim replied stating that 72Hz should work and there is no plan to add 96Hz or any more interlaced formats. Who were you communicating with? I will try the 72Hz tonight since I only tried 96Hz so far.

I wrote to Patrick. I also have a picture with 1080i@72 but the signal sent by the Radiance is not what it is displayed on it.
The signal is actually 1080i@60. Same issue with 1080i@96

I told Jim it is not working, now there is no reply.

Same thing with Patrick Sad . They don't seem to bother releasing a fix quickly. Maybe we are not many enough to be annoyed by this problem.

I was just thinking about this again, and it makes me sad. Was using another VP but went Lumagen to get interlaced and CMS. Went through hell to import one. Now I'm told use progressive and forget about CMS with CRT!
View user's photo album (2 photos)
Corleone88

PostLink    Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AVphile wrote:
Now I'm told use progressive and forget about CMS with CRT!

Who told you that?
AVphile

PostLink    Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim @ Lumagen told me he hated interlaced formats and to use progressive. He suggested the 817p mode that was added to the Radiance specifically for us CRT guys. While I appreciate that, I cannot use it because I cannot reduce vertical size (height) in my projector any more.

Craig @ CIR suggests it is not really necessary to calibrate the gamut on a CRT with color corrected lenses and I somewhat agree, but there is some benefit if done right. At the moment SpectraCal are fine tuning their Color Cube (3D LUT) Autocal process and CalMAN 5.1 looks very promising for Radiance 125-point owners, but the software is beta at the moment, and it is easier to royally screw up a gamut than get it right.
Corleone88

PostLink    Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AVphile wrote:
Jim @ Lumagen told me he hated interlaced formats and to use progressive. He suggested the 817p mode that was added to the Radiance specifically for us CRT guys. While I appreciate that, I cannot use it because I cannot reduce vertical size (height) in my projector any more.

Craig @ CIR suggests it is not really necessary to calibrate the gamut on a CRT with color corrected lenses and I somewhat agree, but there is some benefit if done right. At the moment SpectraCal are fine tuning their Color Cube (3D LUT) Autocal process and CalMAN 5.1 looks very promising for Radiance 125-point owners, but the software is beta at the moment, and it is easier to royally screw up a gamut than get it right.

Looking bad for a firmware update including 1080i@96. Disappointed by Lumagen...
As for Craig, it is very nice to learn from him because calibration for CRT pj looks very different from digital pj Very Happy .
Corleone88

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have some (good) news.
I had Patrick from Lumagen who replied to my email. He said that a new firmware release will be out in a few weeks with the 1080i bug fixed.
Smile
AVphile

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Easter to us!

Thanks for sharing. I wonder if they will reply to my e-mail... Glad they are fixing it. I would hate to see them abandon their roots and focus on 3rd party (Darbee) stuff.

Corleone88

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to Patrick, it has been fixed for a while but they waited for more bug fixing before releasing the new firmware.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Lumagen Products All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: