Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Banding Issue with 3D Theater and Barco 1209s
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> 3D Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wolosuk

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:13 am    Post subject: Banding Issue with 3D Theater and Barco 1209s Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hi Everyone -

Not sure if anyone has experienced the same issues I'm having, but I just got around to using my 3D theater unit and any time I feed 3D content through my 3D theater device it's producing a band on the picture which only shows up if i'm looking through my 3D glasses. If I play with the joystick on the emitter, depending on the setting I can move the band vertically and/or make it grow to consume the bulk of the picture, but theres no adjustment eliminates it. For troubleshooting, I've brought my setup down to the following:

OPPO BDP-103 ---> 3DNOW ---> Moome EXT V2 ---> Barco 1209s

1. I've tried swapping HDMI cables, but that didn't change anything. Most of my cables are really good "better cables" brand
2. The bands are present at both 60 & 120hz.
3. The bands only show up when looking through the glasses (bought with the 3D theater solution)
4. The band shows up noticably on the blue tube, but is also visible (to much lesser degrees) on the red and green tubes.

I've attached some pictures - Anyone have any ideas?

I feel if there were a few more red leds I could eliminate it...with the joystick set to 5 blue lights, with every incremental red light, the shadow bands moves vertically downward more and more.

Thanks!!

noglasses.jpg
 Description:
Picture Without 3D Glasses
 Filesize:  104.9 KB
 Viewed:  27122 Time(s)

noglasses.jpg

glasses.jpg
 Description:
Picture Though 3D Glasses
 Filesize:  154.52 KB
 Viewed:  27122 Time(s)

glasses.jpg

Rolls-Royce

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see that with my CRT RPTV if I run the duty cycle too low. If you have the VIP 3D USB Management windows utility for the older transmitters, it works with the new ones too. Get the duty cycle to 100 and bump it up a point at a time until the green band disappears off the top of the screen. Mine works best at about 105. Then adjust the other slider to scroll the blue band up off the screen and save what you have. Make sure you don't hit "update" when using the utility as it may try to install the firmware for the older transmitters into yours.

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolls-Royce wrote:
I see that with my CRT RPTV if I run the duty cycle too low. If you have the VIP 3D USB Management windows utility for the older transmitters, it works with the new ones too. Get the duty cycle to 100 and bump it up a point at a time until the green band disappears off the top of the screen. Mine works best at about 105. Then adjust the other slider to scroll the blue band up off the screen and save what you have. Make sure you don't hit "update" when using the utility as it may try to install the firmware for the older transmitters into yours.

Thanks for your reply! What does the "duty cycle" do for your projector? What kind do you have? I don't have any menu option by the name of "duty cycle" in my CRT projector menus. I tried mucking my my CRT projector "drive mode", which warned me that it increases the wear on my tubes, but that didn't do anything for me.

Where can I get this software you are talking about?

-John
Rolls-Royce

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wolosuk wrote:
Rolls-Royce wrote:

Thanks for your reply! What does the "duty cycle" do for your projector? What kind do you have? I don't have any menu option by the name of "duty cycle" in my CRT projector menus. I tried mucking my my CRT projector "drive mode", which warned me that it increases the wear on my tubes, but that didn't do anything for me.

Where can I get this software you are talking about?

-John

The duty cycle I'm talking about is actually for the 3D glasses. The VIP utility can be downloaded from this forum: http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27776. Although it's for the older RF transmitters, it works with the new transmitters too, and gives finer control than the transmitter's joystick. Again, make sure that you don't click on the Upgrade tab when using it, since it will then try and install older firmware on your new transmitter. There is also another slider on the control besides the one for Duty Cycle. It's called "Delay", and by adjusting it you can reduce ghosting. In my case, there's a band of pale blue light that appears on the screen if it's misadjusted, and moving the slider can move that band up off the visible area of the screen. Good luck!

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That solved the issue! Thanks!!!
Rolls-Royce

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad I could help!

TV/Projector: Vidikron Vision 1 - Ultra

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I've had same issue using hdfury4 (3D Fury) on my vision 1. The 3D is excellent except of the banding issues. Can the VP utility works on 3D Fury emitter to remove banding?

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haireez wrote:
Hi,

I've had same issue using hdfury4 (3D Fury) on my vision 1. The 3D is excellent except of the banding issues. Can the VP utility works on 3D Fury emitter to remove banding?

Only if the emitter was made by Bit Cauldron, who is the OEM for Optoma, Monster, VIP, etc. Take a look at the page for purchasing 3D glasses here-it should show the emitter. If yours doesn't look like that one, you're out of luck.

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, the emitter for 3D Fury is different from 3D Theater.

Does anyone know whether 3D Theater emitter works with 3D Fury glasses so that I could remove banding on my vision 1?

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't call that banding, its a sync issue with the glasses. If it was banding it would be seen with or without the glasses!!

What refresh rate is the 3D Fury set to Haireez?
haireez

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right. It does not show when you took off your glasses.

By default, the setting is 120hz and I can even select to 144hz but unfortunately, the so called banding still appear no matter what refresh rate I selected.

I have feedback to wildchild but not too sure whether they're able to resolve but I'm impressed that 3D theater able to resolve this.

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haireez wrote:
Unfortunately, the emitter for 3D Fury is different from 3D Theater.

Does anyone know whether 3D Theater emitter works with 3D Fury glasses so that I could remove banding on my vision 1?

Probably not. The only other combo IR/RF glasses I know of are from Xpand, and their emitter is Bluetooth. The Bit Cauldron (VIP/Monster/Optoma) RF emitters use Zigbee, which is not Bluetooth-compatible.

BTW, the manual on HDFury's website shows that the emitter is adjustable via button presses in much the same fashion as the Bit Cauldron emitter without the Windows app. Have you tried adjusting yours?

PostLink    Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haireez wrote:
You're right. It does not show when you took off your glasses.

By default, the setting is 120hz and I can even select to 144hz but unfortunately, the so called banding still appear no matter what refresh rate I selected.

I have feedback to wildchild but not too sure whether they're able to resolve but I'm impressed that 3D theater able to resolve this.

Yeah i was thinking more like go DOWN in frequency and see what happens, but as Rolls-Royce has said it can be adjusted.
haireez

PostLink    Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, ive tried adjusting both delay & duty cycle but the banding is still there. I could not get rid banding using 3D Fury combination but the 3D image is quite outstanding despite this.

PostLink    Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happened when you put it on 60Hz?
haireez

PostLink    Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This banding can be seen at any refresh rate possible, 60hz, 72hz, 94hz, 120hz & even 144hz. Not too sure what else can be done to remove this banding during 3d mode.

PostLink    Posted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its NOT banding!!!
tanwn

PostLink    Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you try to move banding up and higher you wil get ghosting at bottom of screen so its a compromise.
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont have an issue with the XG using nVIDIA glasses, RGB-HV signal straight to the projector, AnyDVD HD to allow 3D over the analog output and PowerDVD 10 to play movies.

Watched Titanic last night ( amazed to see the movie spread over 2 Bluray discs!! ), Sanctum the night before, and Priest the night before that.
thewolfman

PostLink    Posted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watched Titanic last night ( amazed to see the movie spread over 2 Bluray discs!! ), Sanctum the night before, and Priest the night before that.[/quote]

How would you rate Titanic in 3D? Considering it's not a genuine 3D movie I'm curious to know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> 3D Products All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: