Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Samsung PN51D6500 3D Plasma glasses

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> 3D Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
albertstien3329

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I am interested in purchasing the 3-D Theater but already have 4 Samsung glasses (SSG-3100GB) for the Samsung PN51D6500 3D Plasma TV that I have. Will the Samsung glasses work with the 3-D Theater or would I have to purchase a whole new set for it? I am interested in using the unit on my Panasonic AE1000U projector. Thanks for any info on this!

Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Generally speaking, no. You need the RF glasses we carry here: http://www.curtpalme.com/RFGlasses.shtm
Also available in a kit with the 3D-Theatre: http://www.curtpalme.com/3DTheatre.shtm

The only time they may work is if Samsung OEM's the same glasses. The RF ones we have are from Bit Cauldron and a few other companies use the (like Monster) but I don't know if Samsung does - most likely not.

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
Brian Hampton

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have four of those Samsung glasses. I love those glasses and I would love to use them with my 3D displayer.

I thought that since they use rf they might work but they don't.

I found DIY emitters for older ir Samsung glasses.

I would like to develop a DIY 3D emitter for the 3100 series because they are great glasses.

I'm tempted to take my plasma apart to find the needed circuit.

Edit - on the positive side the rf glasses sold here are adjustable and I do believe they are the BEST 3D glasses. For $300 you could have four of those and that's the direction I will go in time.
Brian Hampton

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello again,

I am going to try to snyc those glasses to the emitter again. I do believe I have tried in the past and it did not work so no need to get any hopes up.

I will have the system setup next week and will try again just to be 100% sure. Both the glasses you mentioned and the RF glasses sold here have a lot in common but there's still a lot that can be different. If the handshake is different then ... game over.

Anyway,... Just wanted to say that I am planning on trying to see if I can get those glasses to sync as soon as I can get my system setup again.

-Brian
Brian Hampton

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confirmed that these glasses DO NOT work with the standard 3D VIP emitter.

I tried to re pair the glasses but they knew instantly that would not work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> 3D Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: