Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

What is the street price for a JVC 55 these days?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Digital Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RVonse

PostLink    Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:27 am    Post subject: What is the street price for a JVC 55 these days? Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Just wondering what one can be bought for brand new if anyone knows.
ecrabb
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: JVC RS40, Epson 5010

PostLink    Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think street price was right around $6k for the 55, RV... MSRP $8k. It's a big jump up in price from my RS45 which was about half. Mine was even less because it was a b-stock. I would think with the new models shipping, prices would be down a little - especially with the new e-Shift RS48 at $5k retail... That's a whole lot of projector for the money, and probably what I'll replace my RS45 with in a year or two.

SC
View user's photo album (10 photos)
Spanky Ham

PostLink    Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IIRC Mike Garrett told me it was around $5500 last year. That may have been a pre-order price. Why are you looking at 55? You may want to look at the new models with the new bulb design.

I always check JVC's ebay store to see if they have any good deals. Right now they have a 60 for $3300.
http://stores.ebay.com/JVCPROSTORE?_rdc=1
WanMan

PostLink    Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stop posting links to green holes in the vicinity of my wallet.

PostLink    Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ecrabb wrote:
I think street price was right around $6k for the 55, RV... MSRP $8k. It's a big jump up in price from my RS45 which was about half. Mine was even less because it was a b-stock. I would think with the new models shipping, prices would be down a little - especially with the new e-Shift RS48 at $5k retail... That's a whole lot of projector for the money, and probably what I'll replace my RS45 with in a year or two.

SC

In my thread you didn't list rs48 as one with e shift???
ecrabb
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: JVC RS40, Epson 5010

PostLink    Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't mention specific models at all, really; HogPilot did, and he missed the RS48... It's a '13 model, and JVC's lowest priced machine with e-Shift.

SC
View user's photo album (10 photos)
MikeEby

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My personal feeling about the JVC line is, all you get with the mid range models is a mediocre CMS. If you want or need that then buy the cheaper unit w/ e-shift and add an external Radiance Mini.

With the exception of the uber high end models with their hand picked hardware that's the only difference.

Mike

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Digital Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: