Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Marantz SR7002 standby flashing
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater Accessories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chrisfern

PostLink    Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Marantz SR7002 standby flashing Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I have a Marantz SR7002. The unit is locked in flashing standby with @ 2 sec intervals.
These are my observations: I don't hear any relay click sound. I checked the voltage +5VL is there. No other voltage/s. Looks like stanby signal coming from DSP board. Any help to find the fault appriciate.

Thanks

PostLink    Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have any electronics knowledge? I see you must have a DMM, how about soldering?
chrisfern

PostLink    Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I am Electronic Tech. And I have DMM and soldering equipment. This fault is a hard one for me.

PostLink    Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried turning it on with the remote?

Also, press and hold these 3 buttons for at least 5 seconds to see if it comes out of protect, even if just for a few seconds before returning to protect: "Pure Direct, 7.1CH Input, CLEARV".
chrisfern

PostLink    Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply.

Take long time to connect everything back since it is remove up to DSP board.

After holding these 3 buttons, it switched on for 2-3 Seconds and then changing back to standby mode. Display seem to be ok. Something wrong somewhere...!

Appriciate your help.

PostLink    Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You either have a problem with the power amp or the +/- 15v supply. You can verify which it is by monitoring some pin voltages on the main processor during startup. If you wish to try this I can give you which pins to monitor. Let me know.
chrisfern

PostLink    Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Missing +15V. R903 0.33Ω open circuit. Checked the 7815 saparate it is working fine. I will try to replace the resister tomarrow and let you know. Any cause for open circuit resister?

Thanks for your help.

PostLink    Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If R903 has gone open and IC93(+15v reg) is not shorted then you have a problem on the +21v line that goes to the power board. Or something on the +15v line is pulling to much current.

On that regulator board that you found the open resistor on look for connector BN92. Test for short to gnd between pins 1 and 3, 1 being the +21v line and 3 being gnd. Also check C911 for blown short. Also check for short between pins 1 and 2. If short shows here check all the speaker relay diodes and the turn on transistors.

If your not finding anything then you will have to replace that resistor and monitor the +15v and +21v lines when turning on and see if 1 is drawing excessively.
chrisfern

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked everting around +15V rail and +21V. Everything seem to be normal. Then I replaced R903. All good. Checked the current through R903 - 497mA (and -15V line 388mA). I think it is normal. Now it is on more than 3hrs, I think it is ok. But I have one more problem. Now standby light is always off. I checked voltage from processor board to standby it is 5V. I think it should go low. Do you have any idea about it.
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW, it's not uncommon for current limiting resistors to go open like that for no reason. I've had that lots.
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chrisfern wrote:
I checked everting around +15V rail and +21V. Everything seem to be normal. Then I replaced R903. All good. Checked the current through R903 - 497mA (and -15V line 388mA). I think it is normal. Now it is on more than 3hrs, I think it is ok. But I have one more problem. Now standby light is always off. I checked voltage from processor board to standby it is 5V. I think it should go low. Do you have any idea about it.

Does R903 seem any hotter to the touch then R904. If not then let it go.

Do you mean the standby light that goes from red to green? If so does it go red or green at all, or nothing?
chrisfern

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

R903 little bit hotter than R904. But I think that is okay I ran it almost 6Hrs with the load.

Standby light completely dead. No green or red. I checked it logic have to go low from the processor. It is always high. When you short circuit C and E of LED driver transistor, LED is working fine. I'm just wondering it is a Software issue.

TV/Projector: Sony VPL-VW60 and Toshiba 65H84 CRT RPTV

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When the receiver turns on, the standby light will turn off. If you have display & the 2 blue LEDs over the knobs are lit, then it's normal for the standby light to be off. The 3 Marantz receivers (SR14EX, SR8000, SR7002) I have here all operate that way, when powered up, standby light is off, turning red only when placed in power off/standby mode.

Ray

macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RayN999 wrote:
When the receiver turns on, the standby light will turn off. If you have display & the 2 blue LEDs over the knobs are lit, then it's normal for the standby light to be off. The 3 Marantz receivers (SR14EX, SR8000, SR7002) I have here all operate that way, when powered up, standby light is off, turning red only when placed in power off/standby mode.

Ray

I'll wait for you to respond to this Chrisfern.
chrisfern

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply.

As I remember standby light red steady after turn on. So I thought it is a circuit flault or other issue. But as per your post it is normal.

TV/Projector: Sony VPL-VW60 and Toshiba 65H84 CRT RPTV

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for poking my head in, just wanted to clarify the standby light thing.

I'll sit back & watch the troubleshooting continue. Like I said, I have a 7002 also, but the video section is dead. It however works fine for audio, so that's what I've chosen to do with it. If this thread exposes any possible solutions for me also, I'll be thrilled too.

Ray

macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RayN999 wrote:
Sorry for poking my head in, just wanted to clarify the standby light thing.

I'll sit back & watch the troubleshooting continue. Like I said, I have a 7002 also, but the video section is dead. It however works fine for audio, so that's what I've chosen to do with it. If this thread exposes any possible solutions for me also, I'll be thrilled too.

Ray

By all means Ray, poke away. I may be able to trouble shoot from here on finding faults but I have no way of knowing the true function of certain things.
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chrisfern wrote:
Thanks for your reply.

As I remember standby light red steady after turn on. So I thought it is a circuit flault or other issue. But as per your post it is normal.

I don't quite understand your post. Is it working properly or not?
chrisfern

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ray. If you need to know info on the video board pls advice. I think macgyver is an expert for this.

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Macguver, standby light not working properly it is steady red before. Now nothing is there. One more thing I noticed. I can't turn off the Amplifier from the remote.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater Accessories All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: