Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Pioneer BDP120 issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Source Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:28 am    Post subject: Pioneer BDP120 issues Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hi people Smile

I had a Pioneer BDP120 bluray player that i recently gave to my mother. It worked fine for a couple weeks and has now started randomly shutting off.

Apparently it will start with sound glitches, then graphical glitches, then shuts off. Seems to be taking less time to get to this point each time its used, however she has stopped using it now.

Has anyone ever struck an issue like this before?
Jeremy112

PostLink    Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a Pioneer BDP-51FD, the issue with that one is it would seemingly lock up after being on for a while. My guess was it was overheating on the processor.

I would say.... weak capacitors (if there are any) or something is over heating or getting incorrect voltage. If its taking less and less time.... It could very well be weak capacitors getting weaker.

I would check them out first, then see if there are any voltages that are off (a service manual would be useful of course). The bigger question is... are blu ray players even worth fixing anymore?? I've debated that in fear of my Pioneer BDP-HD1 players dying someday. Along with the Sony BDP-S1 they are the only players with IDE blu ray burners, which is quite useful for older PCs that you have run out of SATA ports on. Thats why the HD1s are important to me. The electronic itself (the whole player) isnt worth the time to fix IMO.

PostLink    Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I havent been to collect it yet, but i had thought itll be capacitors yes. Nice cheap fix if it is.
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CasetheCorvetteman wrote:
I havent been to collect it yet, but i had thought itll be capacitors yes. Nice cheap fix if it is.

Here's hoping!

On a side note I remember that SONY BDP-1. Nice unit. I have the S300. I see that has an IDE drive as well.

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive got 2x Panasonic DMP-BDT110s now.

I wouldnt have thought IDE would have the throughput required for blurays!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Source Devices All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: