Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Chromapure questions (options menu)

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> ChromaPure Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
THX-UltraII

PostLink    Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:24 am    Post subject: Chromapure questions (options menu) Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
My i1 Display Pro III Upgraded Pro Version arrived last week with a Chromapure licence. So exited! I want to start with some pre-calibration settings before I will actually take my first measurements. I have some basic questions involving the Calibration Options in the Chromapure software:

1. Color Luminance
Am I correct that when I do only front digital projector calibrations I have to select ''Fixed Target From Gamut'' for projectors that has CMS and all other projectors select ''Calculated Target''?

2. Reference Gamut
Am I correct that I have to choose ''Rec. 709'' when the only purpose of the digital front projector is playback of high-def content (Blu-Ray's)?

3. Grayscale
Is measuring with ''10% increments'' a good starting point for a beginner like me?

4. Luminance
What the most common displayed mode these days? ''cd/m2'' or ''fL''?

5. dE Method
For my purpose, (digital front projector calibration) just leave it on ''CIE94''?

6. Measurement Smoothing
Is more than ''1 measurement'' recommended for digital front projector calibration?
Which smoothing method is best to choose, ''Mean'' or ''Median''.

7. Signal Generator
Not needed when I don t own a Lumagen or DVDO correct?

8. Creating A Meter Correction
Not needed because my i1 Display Pro III Upgraded Pro Version is already calibrated correct?

9. Taking Pre-Calibration Grayscale and Color Gamut Measurements
Am I correct that I need to do this so I can see how my digital front projector acts at this moment?

The actual Chromapure Calibration Procedures is for later....... Smile

Thanks for all input!
TomHuffman

PostLink    Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Chromapure questions (options menu) Reply with quote

THX-UltraII wrote:
My i1 Display Pro III Upgraded Pro Version arrived last week with a Chromapure licence. So exited! I want to start with some pre-calibration settings before I will actually take my first measurements. I have some basic questions involving the Calibration Options in the Chromapure software:

1. Color Luminance
Am I correct that when I do only front digital projector calibrations I have to select ''Fixed Target From Gamut'' for projectors that has CMS and all other projectors select ''Calculated Target''?

2. Reference Gamut
Am I correct that I have to choose ''Rec. 709'' when the only purpose of the digital front projector is playback of high-def content (Blu-Ray's)?

3. Grayscale
Is measuring with ''10% increments'' a good starting point for a beginner like me?

4. Luminance
What the most common displayed mode these days? ''cd/m2'' or ''fL''?

5. dE Method
For my purpose, (digital front projector calibration) just leave it on ''CIE94''?

6. Measurement Smoothing
Is more than ''1 measurement'' recommended for digital front projector calibration?
Which smoothing method is best to choose, ''Mean'' or ''Median''.

7. Signal Generator
Not needed when I don t own a Lumagen or DVDO correct?

8. Creating A Meter Correction
Not needed because my i1 Display Pro III Upgraded Pro Version is already calibrated correct?

9. Taking Pre-Calibration Grayscale and Color Gamut Measurements
Am I correct that I need to do this so I can see how my digital front projector acts at this moment?

The actual Chromapure Calibration Procedures is for later....... Smile

Thanks for all input!

1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. Yes.
4. cd/m2
5. Yes.
6. No, leave it at 1
7. Correct.
8. Correct.
9. Yes.

PostLink    Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thxz Tom. And what about question 6, smoothing method?
THX-UltraII

PostLink    Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And another question:

When I select/initialize the meter and choose 'Front_Projection_Screen' I get a notification 'Please remove the diffuser from the lens'. What does this mean?

EDIT: I also cannot click on 'Apply Mode'. It s greyed out.....
TomHuffman

PostLink    Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rotate the diffuser away from the lens of the meter.

PostLink    Posted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do I do that? I don t understand.......Sad
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THX-UltraII wrote:
How do I do that? I don t understand.......Sad

There is a opaque white lens on the front. that will pull out slightly and then you swivel it out of the way. There are small Magnets that tell the software if the probe has its diffusor in place or removed for different positioning of the probe for
projectors. either toward the lens or at the screen.

Athanasios

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

Marquee High Performance Bellows now shipping!!
Marquee Modifications and Performance Enhancement
Marquee C-element and Bellow removal
View user's photo album (1 photos)
THX-UltraII

PostLink    Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thxz, I found what you guys meant.

Another (noob) question:

I have a front projector and I m measuring my screen. My i1 Display Pro III is aimed at the center of the screen at 35cm from the screen. I ve angled it a bit to the right so it does not read it s own shadow. But how do I know if it s not still reading some part of it s own shadow??
THX-UltraII

PostLink    Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also just did my first Pre-Calibration on my Sony HW50 digital front projector! So proud of myself Very Happy

I ve attachted a screenshot of the results. I m wondering what this all tells me and what the work there is that s need to be done. I m just talking only about the Grayscale yet, not the gamma and CMS, that s for later or else it is too much for me and I don t understand anymore Smile

Am I correct that the 'Y' shows the cd/m2 values per IRE and the CCT the Color Temp. per IRE? The rest (x, y, CIE94 and Output) I also would like to interpreting the correct way so maybe you guys can tell me what they tell me and how I have to read them?

Am I correct that when I try to aim the Red Green and Blue at 100% the Color Temp. automatically will go to approx. 6500K?

And last but sure not least, HOW do I get R, G and B for all the IREs as close to 100% as possible? I have a R, G, B Gain and R, G, B Bias setting on my projector which are all on their default 0 value now. I would like to know what the best way of working is.

Greetings

Untitled.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  279.32 KB
 Viewed:  14160 Time(s)

Untitled.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> ChromaPure Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: