Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

SPF records? (people not getting emails sent from our site)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Forum Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I have no idea what gmail.commail.com is. It's not related to gmail in any way.

ComMail.com doesn't seem like a live site. Certainly nothing that GMAIL (Google) owns. commail.com is owned by someone in Korea:

Quote:
Domain Name: COMMAIL.COM
Domain Status: REGISTRAR LOCK
Registrar: Korea Information Certificate Authority, Inc. dba DomainCA.com
Referral URL: http://www.DomainCA.com

Registrant:
Choi Sungyeon
615 Ogeum-dong Songpa-gu
102-1203 olympic park centreville
Seoul, 138855
KR

Administrative, Technical, Billing Contact:
Choi Sungyeon @systempia.com
615 Ogeum-dong Songpa-gu
102-1203 olympic park centreville
Seoul, 138855
KR
(TEL) +82.222036464, (FAX) +82.222035050

Domain Registration Date....: 2003-01-16 GMT.
Domain Expiration Date......: 2014-01-16 GMT.
Domain Last Updated Date....: 2012-10-22 05:46:26 GMT.

Domain Name Servers in listed order:
NS1.SEDOPARKING.COM
NS2.SEDOPARKING.COM

If a customer is not using our name server, the IP address of
the customer's name server will not be displayed.

Please register domain name at www.DomainCA.com.

Sounds like some sort of scam/spam. Maybe your account's been taken over? Ignore the "gmail" at the start. Anyone can do that. I can create a site called "gmail.curtpalme.com" since I manage "curtpalme.com".

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
mac

PostLink    Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then can you go into my macgyver655 profile and change that out of my email section and reactivate my account?
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I removed the "commail" from your email address. If you didn't put it there that means your account here was compromised. You need to change your password ASAP.

Kal

macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just changed password. I definitely did not put that in there. Something is amiss...... I would maybe look into that since it is connected to gmail and that's where you are having problems.....
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you didn't change it then you had an insecure password here (or a keystroke logger on your PC) and something/someone was able to log in here and change your email.

There is no connection to gmail. It wants you to think it's just regular gmail so that you won't notice.

Kal

macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kal wrote:
If you didn't change it then you had an insecure password here (or a keystroke logger on your PC) and something/someone was able to log in here and change your email.

There is no connection to gmail. It wants you to think it's just regular gmail so that you won't notice.

Kal

No, your misunderstanding Kal. I was changing my email address in my profile from my hotmail to my gmail. I entered the correct gmail address but apparently when it was submitted something on the website changed it to the commail one and I was then locked out of my account. When trying to get back in I was getting a response that the password was incorrect so I was doing a lost password thing where you enter your user name and email address and was then getting an error of no email address found. But I then noticed when I hovered the cursor over the blank where you enter the email address the dropdown showed the commail address. So I tried that and then got the inactive account error.

So, yes I tried to change my email but the website put in the commail in what I had entered.

I entered: macgyver566@gmail.com

This website put in: macgyver566@gmail.commail.com

I found the error by accident just fiddling around.
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macgyver655 wrote:
No, your misunderstanding Kal. I was changing my email address in my profile from my hotmail to my gmail. I entered the correct gmail address but apparently when it was submitted something on the website changed it to the commail one....

Our website cannot do that. Well, technically it could if we were infected with some strange program but it's more likely that it's on your end...

Quote:
But I then noticed when I hovered the cursor over the blank where you enter the email address the dropdown showed the commail address.

Bingo. This more or less proves it's an issue on your PC. Your browser remembers things you typed. If the drop down shows the commail address it's because your browser entered the commail address. If you didn't physically type it yourself there's probably some sort of trojan running on your PC that is changing things as you submit them so that to the browser it looks like you typed them.

What anti-virus are you running? What is the signature date?

(This really belongs in a separate thread).

Kal

macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kal wrote:
macgyver655 wrote:
No, your misunderstanding Kal. I was changing my email address in my profile from my hotmail to my gmail. I entered the correct gmail address but apparently when it was submitted something on the website changed it to the commail one....

Our website cannot do that. Well, technically it could if we were infected with some strange program but it's more likely that it's on your end...

Quote:
But I then noticed when I hovered the cursor over the blank where you enter the email address the dropdown showed the commail address.

Bingo. This more or less proves it's an issue on your PC. Your browser remembers things you typed. If the drop down shows the commail address it's because your browser entered the commail address. If you didn't physically type it yourself there's probably some sort of trojan running on your PC that is changing things as you submit them so that to the browser it looks like you typed them.

What anti-virus are you running? What is the signature date?

(This really belongs in a separate thread).

Kal

What's interesting is that when I originally tried to change my email in my profile I typed in the correct one, I didn't select it from a drop down box. But it was changed somehow. Plus this PC is a fresh windows install last week along with a fresh and updated browser and a fresh and updated anti virus. So I have no idea where that commail came from. And it only seems to be associated with this site as I have gone to other forums and checked the drop downs and the commail does not show anywhere else. But anyways it's fixed now and like you said it's for another thread. It's just funny that it's a gmail issue and your having problems with the site and gmail.

As far as this thread, gmail has already indicated why it's sending stuff to spam as I had already posted a few back. So that is where it must be resolved.

I am still receiving all mail and pm's from this site to my inbox since I made the selection. So all is fine with my gmail and here.
mac

PostLink    Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never mind. I got the email this time to reactivate it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Forum Feedback All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: