Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

JVC X70/RS55 'preparing' for ISF calibration

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Digital Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
THX-UltraII

PostLink    Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: JVC X70/RS55 'preparing' for ISF calibration Reply with quote

Hi,

Just installed my X70. I m looking for some input on some things. My projector will be ISF calibrated in a few weeks but what I want to do first is set some basic things so I have a 90% (or so) perfect image. I know that when the ISF calibration will be done the CMS, gamma and some other things will be configured properly but there are some basics that can already be taken care of myself. Hope you guys don t mind running throught the various settings:

Picture Mode: I have set this on 'USER1' because I know the ISF calibration guys will do this too

Color Profile: is this settings is the same as the 'COLOR SPACE' setting on my previous X3 I owned? I think that I have to choose between 'CINEMA1', 'CINEMA2' or 'STANDARD' but I m not sure about this. For your info, I m running a HTPC with a NVIDIA graphics card and I use the HDMI output of my card. More specific: I m using Media Player Classic with madVR as output renderer with output setting PC Levels (0-255). I m also using LAV video decoder with the setting 'RGB Output Untouched'. And I m also using ffdshow Raw Video Decoder set as Raw Video 'All Supported' and Output only checked the box YV12.

Color Temp.: I ve set this at 'CUSTOM1' and '6500K'. I know that this was the starting position with my X30 so I assume the ISF calibration guys will work with the 6500K setting too and adjust the Red, Green and Blue Gain and Offset with the 6500K setting (again, correct my if I m wrong here or if another setting as starting point is better to be used!)

Gamma: 'CUSTOM1'

Dark/Bright Level: both leave it on the default '0'

PIcture Tone White, Red Green and Blue: leave all on the default '0'

Contrast, Brightness, Color and Tint: In the past I ve noticed that the JVCs are pretty close to ISF when running the default '0' for all these but my ISF calibration guy will check these anyway.

Sharpness and NR: Customize these the way the user prefers but I prefered all 'OFF' / '0' on my previous JVCs

Custom Gamma: I have set my Correction Value on 2.4 because that was the setting that my ISF calibration guy did for my X30. (for your guys info, I have a complete darkened pitch black bat cave)

Color Management: 'CUSTOM1'. This will be done with the ISF calibration

MPC Level: Is this the E-Shift technology? If so, what is recommended for Blu-Ray content; 1,2 or 3?

HDMI Input: I think (when looking at my HTPC setup) I need to set it to ENHANCED here right?

All of the above settings are not recommendation but more like questions what to do with all the settings. If you guys could advise me from point to point what the best settings are untill my pj gets the ISF calibration I would be very thankfull!

ps. Sorry for my bad English
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Digital Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: