Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Moome card for Barco data 801 or Sony1020

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobnes

PostLink    Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Moome card for Barco data 801 or Sony1020 Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hello,

I am a newbie on this forum. Today I got me a Barco data 801s, bought it used and cheap on the net. Its a monster of 64 kg, but i like it, 2 times bigger than my older Sony 1020. So, my question is: Is it possible to buy a HDMI card or Moome card that fits any of my CRT's? I really want one to my Barco. And what price?

Greetings

Bo Nessing, Norway
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you'll nee the Moome External HDMI to RGBHV box. it is basiacaly the same as the internal cards for the other PJ's.

http://www.moomecard.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6&Itemid=15

Athanasios

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

Marquee High Performance Bellows now shipping!!
Marquee Modifications and Performance Enhancement
Marquee C-element and Bellow removal
View user's photo album (1 photos)
barclay66

TV/Projector: Marquee 9500 Ultra

PostLink    Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

A HDFury box will do too, although the Moome's quality is superior. On a 8" ES focus machine like the 801s these differences might not even be noticeable. Should be good for 720p or 1080i. Anything above (e.g. 1080p) won't work because of the 801s Data H-Frequency limits (61KHz vs. 94KHz of the 801s Graphics)...

Regards,
barclay66
View user's photo album (25 photos)
bobnes

PostLink    Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you guys.

I will go for that box, in the near future. Maybe i can use the 3d facilities also Very Happy
bobnes

PostLink    Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barclay66 wrote:
Hi,

A HDFury box will do too, although the Moome's quality is superior. On a 8" ES focus machine like the 801s these differences might not even be noticeable. Should be good for 720p or 1080i. Anything above (e.g. 1080p) won't work because of the 801s Data H-Frequency limits (61KHz vs. 94KHz of the 801s Graphics)...

Regards,
barclay66

Hello barclay66,

Thank you for your pm. I use a DVDO scaler and could need that HDFury box III or so. Otherwise the scaler refuse to send signal to an analog device. What will you charge for your fury box and that Moome box? It could be interesting to know..
I still struggle with placing it right, about 285 cm from the screen and table rear position. My livingroom is small and the ceiling is occupied by the Sony.

Regards

Bobnes
bobnes

PostLink    Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guten Abend barclay66,

Well, I guess you are right sincere about your cost of these 2 items. And I could save one third of the price by buying direct from you Very Happy . Just one question ; that Moome universial card, did you ever tried it in 3D on your barco? If not, maybe I don't need both of them. But I am interested so far. In 2 weeks, I will travel on scubavacation to Malta. Not sure about how much money I will use.
Anyway, if you still got these 2 items in stock until Christmas or so, I might be able to make a deal with you. I will let you know when the time is ready.

Regards

Bobnes
barclay66

PostLink    Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Bobnes,

I don't know if I will still have the Moome EXT-V3 3D box and the HDFury III until christmas because there might be somebody else in Europe looking for one or both of them. But lets see...
I had used the Moome box on my Marquee before I got the internal card. As I didn't have any 3D source and none of the additional hardware (transmitter and shutter glasses) I never used it in 3D mode. I didn't buy it for that but for the better signal quality.
BTW: It is very probable that 3D isn't possible after all on a Barco Data 801s. This is due to the limited scan capabilities and a green tube with conventional (slow) phosphor which is likely to produce ghosting. So You might as well get satisfied with the HDFury. There I liked the sync adjustment features which work very well for Barco PJs. In the end I didn't even use a scaler anymore and threw 1080i from BD Player, TV box and Computer directly onto it (via HDMI 3-to-1 switch).

Regards,
barclay66
bobnes

PostLink    Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barclay66 wrote:
Hello Bobnes,

I don't know if I will still have the Moome EXT-V3 3D box and the HDFury III until christmas because there might be somebody else in Europe looking for one or both of them. But lets see...
I had used the Moome box on my Marquee before I got the internal card. As I didn't have any 3D source and none of the additional hardware (transmitter and shutter glasses) I never used it in 3D mode. I didn't buy it for that but for the better signal quality.
BTW: It is very probable that 3D isn't possible after all on a Barco Data 801s. This is due to the limited scan capabilities and a green tube with conventional (slow) phosphor which is likely to produce ghosting. So You might as well get satisfied with the HDFury. There I liked the sync adjustment features which work very well for Barco PJs. In the end I didn't even use a scaler anymore and threw 1080i from BD Player, TV box and Computer directly onto it (via HDMI 3-to-1 switch).

Regards,
barclay66

High five barclay66,

Got my 5 messages now and can use pm. I have been studied both boxes on the net for a while and I think the Fury box will do fine, its made ,as you say for, Barco. Maybe possible to use BD player direct through this box mounted on port 3. So will you send it to me with 30% off the new price, then you make me happy Mr. Green I can pay any time now, just make a deal tomorrow or so. It may be possible to send by ordenary mail?

Regards

Bobnes

Last edited by bobnes on Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total
barclay66

PostLink    Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I'll prepare everything and report back...

Regards,
barclay66
barclay66

PostLink    Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Sorry that it took me so long. Too many projects at work going on. And I didn't find the Port 3 adapter anymore. So I built a new one. Please see the picture below. This is what will be in Your box:

1 - HDFury III
2 - Power Adapter
3 - Y Power cable (I powered on my Barco remotely and with this cable the HDFury got powered too)
4 - VGA to 5 * BNC (RGBHV for Port 4/5)
5 - VGA cable (for devices with VGA input)
6 - VGA to Port 3 adapter

I fired up my trusted Barco Graphics 801s and have tested that everything works. In my opinion the picture quality on Port 4/5 is best. Please tell me via PM where and when to ship...

Regards,
barclay66

HDFury.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  100.38 KB
 Viewed:  9814 Time(s)

HDFury.JPG

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: