Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

3D-EVOLVER: 1080p dual projector 3D processor (DISCONTINUED)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> 3D Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: 3D-EVOLVER: 1080p dual projector 3D processor (DISCONTINUED) Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
3D-EVOLVER: The world's first 1080p dual projector passive 3D processor

For complete details or to order, CLICK HERE

The world's first 1080p dual projector passive 3D processor delivering movie theatre quality visual experience via polarized glasses on a silver screen. A simple setup designed for commercial and residential experience offering dramatic 3D with non-3D projectors. Dolby solutions with regular screens also available.

View 2D content with enhanced quality and extraordinary depth with dual projectors and very inexpensive passive/polarized 3D glasses. Supports 1080p and 2K formats with 4K support forthcoming. Supports all 3D formats and all players - Satellite, Cable, Game consoles, 3D Blu-ray Players, and internet/mobile media players.

Enjoy the latest 3D movies such as The Avengers, Titanic, Prometheus, Men in Black 3, and more. Also available are sports and movies on ESPN 3D and SKY 3D.

For complete details or to order, CLICK HERE

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0

Last edited by kal on Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's photo album (18 photos)
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now this would be great for the people with 2 CRT projectors.

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup. At $1-2 for a pair of glasses (and no batteries or emitter to worry about), it can actually cost you less than some of the other solutions if you have enough people watching. Not to mention the full 1080p suppor as well.

Kal

barclay66

TV/Projector: Marquee 9500 Ultra

PostLink    Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I have been thinking about passive 3D and suitable technologies for some time. One of the approaches which I would have considered can be found here: http://www.volfoni.com/?lang=en. The hefty price kept me from going on with this.

Now this 3D-Evolver looks very promising. There's only one question: Is there a complete package for CRT PJs too?
I'm asking because I assume that there are only two small polarizers (just large enough for a LCD/DLP/LCOS PJ lens) in the package and for CRTs You would need six larger ones (capable of covering HD-10 lenses).

Regards,
barclay66
View user's photo album (25 photos)
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barclay66 wrote:
Now this 3D-Evolver looks very promising. There's only one question: Is there a complete package for CRT PJs too?I'm asking because I assume that there are only two small polarizers (just large enough for a LCD/DLP/LCOS PJ lens) in the package and for CRTs You would need six larger ones (capable of covering HD-10 lenses).

Good question. I imagine it can be done cheaply since the polarizing sheets are pretty cheap. I doubt it would add much to the cost. It's the same stuff that's used in the $1-2 passive glasses. The sheet for one eye (or projector) is simply turned 90 degrees as compared to the other.

I'll see what I can dig up.

Kal

Last edited by kal on Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
barclay66

PostLink    Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kal wrote:
Good question. I imagine it can be done cheaply since the polarizing sheets are pretty cheap. I doubt it would add much to the cost. It's the same stuff that's used in the $1-2 passive glases. The sheet for one eye (or projector) is simply turned 90 degrees as compared to the other.

I'll see what I can dig up.

Kal

Kal,

Are You sure? The passive glasses at the cinemas use circular polarizers and therfore the PJ filters would be more expensive. Especially if they are optimized for highest transmission...

Regards,
barclay66
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope. Not sure at all. Wink

I've sent an off to see what size the sheets are and what can be done to make this work with CRT.

Kal

barclay66

PostLink    Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great! Thank You!
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kal I know it's a passive processor so what's the sync port for? Future expansion?

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know. The details I've posted on the order page is all I have. More details forthcoming.

Kal

CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using two digitals youd either need 2 with lens shift or you wont get 1 for 1 1920x1080 due to having to use keystone.

Probably be a reasonable trade off buying a good 3D Epson projector and use the money you saved on purchase of the 2nd projector with lens shift and this processor to buy some good rump steak and a few slabs of beer.
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, just had a look at the price and relised i was in error. Throw in a case of Chivas Regal to go with the fine grade rump and slabs of beer.

The piddling little amount you save on glasses is neither here nor there so you cant use that as a bargaining point, i can get alot of active glasses for bloody $1,300.... They arent expensive in the first place when you compare it to the cost of 2 projectors with lens shift and this processor.
ecrabb
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: JVC RS40, Epson 5010

PostLink    Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The point isn't just saving money on cheaper passive glasses, Case. The advantages are that you A) eliminate the flicker of an active system, and B) double the brightness of the system, allowing for larger screens and/or a brighter picture with the 3D glasses on. Brightness is always a problem with single-projector active systems. As a side benefit, you eliminate the $100-150 glasses that can get scratched or busted, and can replace them with a whole pile of cheap glasses that you don't have to worry about getting lost or broken, and you get rid of the 3D sync emitter and sync issues.

So, $1300 for this box, a couple of B-stock RS-40's for under $2k, and you can have a pretty sweet passive 3D system for right around $5k. If you're seriously into 3D, I'd much rather have a setup like that - especially since you could set it up on a much larger screen than you could with a single active projector.

It's also worth pointing out that both projectors wouldn't have to be perfectly converged. Ideally would be, but you could probably get away with a bit of keystone from a longer throw if you had the room. Ideally, you'd use a machine with lens shift, but it wouldn't be mandatory unless you were at the short end of the throw I don't think.

It's a bit expensive for my blood, but for some, a second used projector to match their existing machine plus this box might be cheaper and better than buying a whole new projector.

SC
View user's photo album (10 photos)
opv

PostLink    Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about dolby3D?
Is this unit compatible with dichroic filters\glasses instead of polarized ones?
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Crabb i see the point youre making here, and i do agree to a point, but it would take some pretty nifty work to get two digitals to look good without lens shift, and when you add some keystone on a fixed lens, you lose 1920x1080 straight away. Youll also end up with 2 images that will have an out of alignment pixel grid, which on a huge screen would look abit iffy for non 3D viewing, assuming you operate both projectors for that.

Ive only ever done a setup on one LCD that had lens shift, i didnt actually install it, but it was offset to the screen and hard up against the ceiling. Although the focus was pretty darn good, it wasnt even across the whole screen, due to the offset i would imagine.

Last pair of nVIDIA active glasses i bought were only $70 delivered, ive found them to be pretty good for use on my XG, they dont seem to darken the image much at all. I dont notice any flicker if i turn any lights off. Sure, this settup is going to have potential to be streets ahead of mine, but my screen is only 125 inch, so i dont know that i could justify such a high cost for this.
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CasetheCorvetteman wrote:
Sorry, just had a look at the price and relised i was in error. Throw in a case of Chivas Regal to go with the fine grade rump and slabs of beer.

The piddling little amount you save on glasses is neither here nor there so you cant use that as a bargaining point, i can get alot of active glasses for bloody $1,300.... They arent expensive in the first place when you compare it to the cost of 2 projectors with lens shift and this processor.

Last pair of nVIDIA active glasses i bought were only $70 delivered ... Sure, this settup is going to have potential to be streets ahead of mine, but my screen is only 125 inch, so i dont know that i could justify such a high cost for this.

Please see the order page where it says:

Quote:
Applications

Ideal for sports bars, entertainment venues, night clubs, commercial theaters, home theaters, education facilities, commercial events, corporate presentations, mobile event organizers, cruise liners, and much more!

The target audience is most certainly not someone on a budget sitting with few of their friends in a home theater. This is not intended to compete directly with something like a $300 active converter + glasses.

At a certain point, you have too many people watching to make active glasses feasible. That's the primary target for this product.

In public venues glasses get mangled/broken. How much would you have to charge for admission if you had to constantly replace glasses? At $1-2/pair it's reasonable. At $70-100/pair it is not. Then there's the hassles of charging & tuning the glasses for a larger venue. You may need 20 charging stations and hire someone to "manage" this which is another added expense. It just doesn't make any sense to use active glasses in settings like this, which is why public venues or after a certain number of people active glasses doesn't make sense.

SC points out some reasons why someone would even want to do this for a smaller crowd home theater setup too. His points are all valid. Twice the light output and no flicker are (IMHO) huge drawing cards. No emitter or syncing issues are also a (again IMHO) huge benefit.

Just because you don't see how this setup make sense for *YOU* doesn't mean it's illogical for everyone else. Look beyond your own personal setup. We also sell $9000 spectroradiometers here too, obviously not meant for the home user.

opv wrote:
What about dolby3D?
Is this unit compatible with dichroic filters\glasses instead of polarized ones?

I don't know. Sorry. More information will be posted as it becomes available.

Kal

Last edited by kal on Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No kidding eh... I didnt mean it that way.
Malakay

PostLink    Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think for CRT users, 2 HD Fury 4 are still the best solution for passiv 3D. And its cheaper too.

Hopefully i will have the money soon to get 2 G70 Very Happy

Scaler: Lumagen Radiance XS+ (Color Management / Framerate Conversion)

BluRay: OPPO BDP-93EU / Sat: VU+ plus Duo2

PreAmp: Denon AVR-X4000 / Amps: Front L/R: Korsun v6i / Surr/BSurr: Denon AVC-A1 / Sub: Behringer EPX2800

Speaker: Teufel 6.1
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got some information back about the filters and if bigger ones are available for CRT use. Here's the answer I got:

Quote:
Linear film included is 10x6 additional 10x6 $50.00
Circular film included 8x4 left and right each. additional each eye $50.00

Linear and circular 4 glasses included and additional glasses $4.99 each for quantities less than 25.

Kal

barclay66

PostLink    Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, thank You!
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> 3D Products All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: