Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

nVidia 3D Vision / 3DTV Play

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> 3D Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KrisRoberts

PostLink    Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: nVidia 3D Vision / 3DTV Play Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
nVidia has two offerings, 3D Vision which uses a USB IR emitter, nVidia glasses and a restrictive list of supported displays.
Their 3DTV Play option is just the driver software and is supposed to generally support HDMI 1.4 displays, using the glasses and sync method of the display. But some reports say that the 3DTV Play still requires the display to be recognized and on their list to be supported.

Does the 3D Theater work with the nVidia drivers to play 3D games on the PC?
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm afraid there's no way to know without actually testing it out. With the millions of combinations of glasses, PCs, drivers, etc, it's not something that is possible.

Normally the 3D-Theatre requires that the emitter for the glasses be plugged into the 3D-Theatre. This allows the 3D-Theatre to tell the glasses how to turn on/off in sync with the signal it sends to the display. That's normally how it works. As far as the source is concerned, the 3D-Theatre *is* the 3D TV.

I doubt the 3D-Theatre is one of the "displays" listed as supported so again, without actually testing the exact combination you're asking about I don't see how this could be known.

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
KrisRoberts

PostLink    Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was hoping someone here might have tried it.

The PC will see the 3D Theater as the "display" so the question comes down to to whether the nVidia stuff will recognize its edid and work with it.

All the complexity of which actual display, glasses and stuff on the other side of the 3D Theater should not matter.

I doubt very much the 3D Vision approach will work since that is very restrictive with which displays are supported but I'd like to hear from someone who has tried. I am more optimistic about the 3DTV Play route since that is supposed to be a more general solution for HDMI 1.4 displays.
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup. post and asking is definitely the right thing to do. You never know until yoy ask. Hopefully someone will chime in.

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
KurianOfBorg

PostLink    Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does work since on a PC you can spoof the EDID and force the nVidia driver to output HDMI 3D to any connected device/display. The down side is HDMI 3D sucks for gaming since you are limited to 24Hz at 1080p.

Just verify that the EDID hack works with the latest nVidia drivers.
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KurianOfBorg wrote:
It does work since on a PC you can spoof the EDID and force the nVidia driver to output HDMI 3D to any connected device/display. The down side is HDMI 3D sucks for gaming since you are limited to 24Hz at 1080p.

Just verify that the EDID hack works with the latest nVidia drivers.

How do you change the EDID to output 3D?

I want to make it work with my MOOME V3 box, but they never seem to be able to get an EDID right on their boxes or cards.
KurianOfBorg

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't need to spoof the EDID. I'm just saying you can. It should work out of the box with any HDMI 1.4a 3D display or projector as long as you buy a license for 3DTV Play (or simply have the 3D Vision emitter plugged in -- then you get 3DTV Play for free).
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it DOESNT work, I spent a fair bit of time on it and it wont let you select 3D glasses other than Discover. 3DTV Play is free, I have the full nVIDIA set. But it still doesn't work that way.

I used it with an analog RGB-HV connection to the XG, which worked perfectly well, but with a MOOME V3 HDMI 1.4 box id expect I shouldn't need to dick around with all that to make it work.
KurianOfBorg

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CasetheCorvetteman wrote:
Well, it DOESNT work, I spent a fair bit of time on it and it wont let you select 3D glasses other than Discover. 3DTV Play is free, I have the full nVIDIA set. But it still doesn't work that way.

I used it with an analog RGB-HV connection to the XG, which worked perfectly well, but with a MOOME V3 HDMI 1.4 box id expect I shouldn't need to dick around with all that to make it work.

It sounds like some kind of handshaking problem where it's not discovering the 3D capabilities over the HDMI link. It isn't related to any proprietary lock-ins. See if you the Moome working with PS3 or 3D Blu-ray player.
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its never worked with the 3D bluray player either ( be mad to spend all that money on a Barco Cine 9 then waste time with a PS3 for a bluray player!! )
KurianOfBorg

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CasetheCorvetteman wrote:
Its never worked with the 3D bluray player either ( be mad to spend all that money on a Barco Cine 9 then waste time with a PS3 for a bluray player!! )

Then you need to get the Moome working first.
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im going to remove the MOOME and install a unit that works properly instead. HD Fury 4 seems like the go as it seems to be more capable from what ive read.

The 3D bluray player plays in 3D, but is either a blank screen, or two images side by side. When it plays set to normal 3D mode, the image is 2D, the glasses are not active, and it seems to me as though its only playing every second frame of the image, hence looks exactly the same as 2D

I have tried both HDMI inputs on the MOOME, no difference. Have tried the bluray player set to every different resolution it does, no difference.
ima

PostLink    Posted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a lot people complaint it doesnt work
Rolls-Royce

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Moome box only outputs frame sequential 3D at 100 or 120 Hz (via RGB). If your display can't accept one of those framerates, it doesn't matter what you set the source to: the Moome won't help you.

See this page:
http://moomecrtpj.blogspot.com/2010/11/ext-fullhd-v3-3d-universal-hdmi-14.html

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> 3D Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: