Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Moone external vs Fury 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
philm

PostLink    Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Moone external vs Fury 2 Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hi all,
I moved recently and seem to have misplaced my Fury 2. I would like to try the Moone external box but not 3d. Which is the latest version without 3d?
Curt was saying to one poster recently the Moone box has more flexibility( he did not say it that way but seemed to amount to that) Any experiences of Moone vs Fury? Where to buy Moone non -3d external?

Philip
Ron W

PostLink    Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Moone external vs Fury 2 Reply with quote

philm wrote:
Hi all,
I moved recently and seem to have misplaced my Fury 2. I would like to try the Moone external box but not 3d. Which is the latest version without 3d?
Curt was saying to one poster recently the Moone box has more flexibility( he did not say it that way but seemed to amount to that) Any experiences of Moone vs Fury? Where to buy Moone non -3d external?

Philip

I would think the better comparison would be with the Fury3 not Fury2. I have had both, the last Moome model I owned was the V2. Each has features the other doesn't but despite some readings on graphs, I, personally, found no visual difference between the two. The difference for me, was determined in the reliability. Because the Moome model does not have a manual lock-on feature for either of its two HDMI inputs(it is an Auto-lock system where it scans for the signal), I, personally went through two of the Moome V2s in less than six months because, after a few weeks of use on either unit(the original and the replacement) the auto-lock feature began to fail which resulted in ever increasing video/audio drop outs and it turned out to be something in which I wasn't the only one that encountered the same problem. Moome admitted there was a fault in the unit which I am not sure has ever really been corrected in the design and that is why I didn't want to take a chance and purchase another one.

On the other hand, the Fury3 has a manual lock feature for each HDMI input and after one and a half years of use, I have yet to experience any issues. In comparing the two, that has been my personal experience, others may have encountered a different set of circumstances.
philm

PostLink    Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much Ron for the time you took to explain your experience. Now I shall read up on the Fury 3.

Philip Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Moome Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: