Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

BARCO Graphics 6300 panel adjustments

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Digital Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
damien55

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:50 am    Post subject: BARCO Graphics 6300 panel adjustments Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hi,

I just bought second hand a BG6300 to use as a outdoor cinema projector.

I received the projector this morning and thank god it switches on!
Unfortunately the panels alignment or something is wrong. The RGB pictures are not converged horizontally.

Here are two picture to show the problem (click to enlarge):

I found in the service section of the menu a panel adjustments option. I don't know if that's the one I need to play with but when in this mode it shows a pattern a drawing with pots to adjust.

Does anybody could help me with my problem?
Is it possible to get the service manual that would explain what to do?

Thanks

Damien
View user's photo album (6 photos)
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was able to find the adjustment section of the manual for your projector but it is not very explanatory. One thing I did see in there though was a user guided panel settings selection. Did you see that in there?
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I think I found what you need. Go to adjustment mode, then auto image, and then adjust and enter. This will automatically center the active area of each panel. See how that does.
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, here it is. After you do the auto panel alignment if it is still off go to adjustment mode, random access, geometry and then shift. You should then be able to shift the red and blue into position.

Edit: Scratch that. I think that only shifts the entire image, not the individual colors. I'm still reading.
damien55

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Thanks for your help but my projector doesn't have the auto image thing and the shift function only shifts the whole picture.

Damien
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damien55 wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for your help but my projector doesn't have the auto image thing and the shift function only shifts the whole picture.

Damien

Really? The BG 6300 manual says it does.
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look here.

auto image.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  104.5 KB
 Viewed:  16227 Time(s)

auto image.jpg

BG 6300.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  83.61 KB
 Viewed:  16210 Time(s)

BG 6300.jpg

damien55

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it's strange but my menus a quite different from the one on the manual. In the menu the projector is called BG6300 TCR+

Anyway, I think the auto image only centres the whole picture; not the independent colours.

Damien
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damien55 wrote:
I know it's strange but my menus a quite different from the one on the manual. In the menu the projector is called BG6300 TCR+

Anyway, I think the auto image only centres the whole picture; not the independent colours.

Damien

The TCR+ is just a feature which means True Color Reproduction. Both the BarcoGraphics and BarcoReality had it. There wasn't one without it.

The auto image centers the image on EACH individual LCD panel, which looks to be the problem you have. It really does not look like an out of place panel problem.
damien55

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok,

I'll take screenshots of the menus I have to compare with the manual. I will investigate that tomorrow as I took the BG6300 out to watch the world cup on my BG808 (much better than this crappy LCD).

Thanks again for your help

Damien
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

damien55 wrote:
Ok,

I'll take screenshots of the menus I have to compare with the manual. I will investigate that tomorrow as I took the BG6300 out to watch the world cup on my BG808 (much better than this crappy LCD).

Thanks again for your help

Damien

Your welcome. Send them to my email. I have some other stuff for you too.
damien55

PostLink    Posted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I still didn't fix the problem on the BG6300 Sad
Does anybody knows where I could get the service manual as it looks like nobody knows how to fix it.

Damien
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damien55 wrote:
as it looks like nobody knows how to fix it.

Damien

I'll post a longer comment on your problem later but I'm curious who nobody is. Who did you have look at it or who else commented on the problem on what forum? I'm always looking for outside information. Very Happy
damien55

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

When I said nobody, I meant nobody in this forum. Do you think I should try my luck on an other forum. Which one would you recommend?

I have sent some emails to barco and cineversum to request the service manual but as expected I didn't receive any answer from them either.

Thanks again for your help and support

Damien
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I refreshed my memory and re looked over the manuals I have on this and this is my conclusion. Based on the grid pattern image you posted the blue and red image is shifted in equal and opposite directions. This would not be consistent with mechanical panel alignment. It would be more consistent with electronic adjustment. Most likely a default position.

Now according to your manual you should have an auto image selection in your menu. If you read that section you would find that would most likely fix your problem.

But you dont have that selection in your menu. So what does that mean.

Well I have seen before where if there is an electronic circuit failure of a particular feature then that menu item disappears from the menu. And in looking at your grid pattern I would suspect a failure. And this could be why its not in your menu.

I have copies of 2 manuals for your projector but neither one has any schematics. So I can't help you with trouble shooting.

If you have any electronic trouble shooting experience you can closely examine your boards from the projector to test for any blown fuses. Many individual circuits will have their own protection. If you were to find a blown fuse this would help you locate where the problem may be. Or even luckier if a replacement fuse fixed the problem.

So you either need to find the schematics, find someone who had the exact same problem, had it fixed and know what the cure was, or have someone with very good trouble shooting experience look at it.

And that's pretty much it in a nut shell.

If you want those manuals I can email them. They are to large to post here.
betel

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damien,

Would you be interested in a working BR6300? Will need a lamp and a Polorizer replaced.
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One other thing you may want to try. Hook up a source and display an image, then press the "?" on the remote.
Deepspace

PostLink    Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:46 pm    Post subject: Polarizer? Reply with quote

Is that just below where the lamp goes--kind of like a flat thick lens?

Thx.
rtd

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damien55 go into panel uniformity look for center adjust. adjust center
damien55

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi rtd,

I will have a look but I think I could not find this option in the menu.

I'll come back to you when I find some time to have a look at it.

Thanks

Damien
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Digital Projectors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: