Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Just got some nVIDIA 3D glasses...

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater PCs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:19 am    Post subject: Just got some nVIDIA 3D glasses... Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Havent tested them yet, will do so shortly.

Has anyone else ever used these on a CRT projector? Cool
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if nothing else, the box and packaging they come in is absolutely brilliant... That is as far as ive got yet... Wink
prover

PostLink    Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the nvidia glasses for 3D with my 1292, they work pretty well, are very reliable. Perhaps a little bit too dark for my 1292 in combination with some dark movies... Cool
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i got them going on the XG, although i couldnt get them to work when running the signal with HDMI out to the MOOME internal card, i had to connect with RGB-HV and then it would work.

And it worked quite well.

No ghosting, and no flicker either, i reckon it was great.

Next issue i had is the Power DVD 12 i have wont let me play 3D BluRays in the trial for some reason...

What i want to know is why the F*** it wont work with the MOOME... And when are nVIDIA going to get rid of this garbage that prevents you from running whatever res you like the way you used to be able to?? If i couldve done that, id have been fine with the MOOME.
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prover, what resolution and refresh do you use and how do you have yours connected to the projector?

I ended up going to straight up RGB-HV from the video card to the XG and its perfectly fine, had to set a custom res though cause i couldnt do 1280x720p at anything other than 50 or 60Hz, so i set it up for 1280x768p @ 72Hz for testing purposes.

Mine nVIDIA glasses wont work on the PC at 60Hz or less, the glasses will start up and go for about 1 or 2 seconds before going clear again, at 65Hz or more, perfectly clear.

When testing on my CRT monitor, i tested all the way up to 170Hz using both the nVIDIA test screen and the demo video that came with the glasses, no one refresh seemed to be any better than any other, 72Hz seemed to be perfectly fine, and 100Hz didnt seem to be any better to me.

I didnt notice any flicker with the lights off, lights on i get the flicker of the 50Hz lighting.
prover

PostLink    Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is my configuration:

I have also tried with 100Hz for 3D not a difference on my 1292. Unfortunately I have some ghosting issues at the bottom of the screen with the green tube. Every attempt to reduce this (changing the porches, frequencies, etc.) didn't really worked fpr me. Do you have any ghosting on the NEC?

moome3d.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  17.75 KB
 Viewed:  7180 Time(s)

moome3d.JPG

CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No mate, zero ghosting at all, maybe try a lower refresh and see if it goes away for you??
noos@xp37+

PostLink    Posted: Sun May 13, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CasetheCorvetteman wrote:
Well i got them going on the XG, although i couldnt get them to work when running the signal with HDMI out to the MOOME internal card, i had to connect with RGB-HV and then it would work.

And it worked quite well.

No ghosting, and no flicker either, i reckon it was great.

Next issue i had is the Power DVD 12 i have wont let me play 3D BluRays in the trial for some reason...

What i want to know is why the F*** it wont work with the MOOME... And when are nVIDIA going to get rid of this garbage that prevents you from running whatever res you like the way you used to be able to?? If i couldve done that, id have been fine with the MOOME.

I went insane when I wanted to run the nvidia system on lowers refreshrates and low resolutions - when connected via HDMI, DVI and my mome card! RGBHV direct to CRT is no problem.

I found a solution after three days: Read out an edid from a analog CRT monitor, and force windows to use it! Now I can run anything 3D on the moome card. No warning texts in DVD mode or wrong refresh rates Smile

I can post my driver/EDID if needed...
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Mon May 14, 2012 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers mate yeah that is what i did in the end too, but i was hoping to avoid that!! Its all working at the moment, not an issue.

The biggest single hurdle ive had is getting the computer to run the blurays without resetting it's self, no blue screen, just straight up reset. I can load it up til its ring is hangin out and leave it run all day long with zero issues, but as soon as i tried a bluray disc with anything other than WinDVD, almost instant reset once the movie began. Didnt do it last night, but thats not to say it wont do it again... I read up a heap of things online where others had simular issues, and no real good resolve for it...
noos@xp37+

PostLink    Posted: Mon May 14, 2012 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooooops, probably I was lucky not to own a Bluray drive for the PC yet. I used the nvidia system only for 3d software rendering, 3d conversions of DVDs (WinDVD and PowerDVD) and 3d conversion of files (PowerDvD). But stumbling over my different PCs here, all running on different Operating systems, and all being capable of throwing some kind of 3d, I know I will try to make the Bluray path possible on WIN7 with Nvidia in the future too. Perhaps I am lucky and you guy have solved it until then, and I save myself a few sleepless nights...
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Tue May 15, 2012 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah mate hard to say yet, when it works its perfect Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater PCs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: