Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

3D theater for Epson TW3000

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> 3D Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
monster3

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: 3D theater for Epson TW3000 Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Will 3D theater work for Epson TW3000 projector?

And will it work with Monstervision 3D glasses with its RF emitter? The website says it does. But I would like to confirm this.
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes for both.

You can order here: http://www.curtpalme.com/3DTheatre.shtm

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
monster3

PostLink    Posted: Tue May 01, 2012 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey. I ordered 3D VIP Theatre last thursday. But I haven't received it yet. There has been no email about its shipment as well. Could you advice me on this. I tried sending you a private message but it failed.
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Tue May 01, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

monster3 wrote:
Hey. I ordered 3D VIP Theatre last thursday. But I haven't received it yet. There has been no email about its shipment as well. Could you advice me on this. I tried sending you a private message but it failed.

Please forward your original order payment email to the contact email on the order page (3Dexperts@curtpalme.com) so that I can trace which order it is. Thanks!

You're forum account here is registered to a Yahoo.com account... I don't see any orders from around last Thursday from such an email address.

Most ship within 1-3 business days at which point you receive an automated email with shipping information.
Right after orders are placed I also reply to let people know that it'll typically be 1-3 days too. The email might be in your spam box.

Forward the order email to 3Dexperts@curtpalme.com and we'll take it from there. Cheers!

Kal

monster3

PostLink    Posted: Tue May 01, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea. I think I used my other email address for logging in. I've just sent the email to 3Dexperts@curtpalme.com.
Please look into it.
Thanks.
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Tue May 01, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got it thanks! I've sent an email off the shipper to confirm and I cc'ed you. Sometimes when their stock gets low they get shipped directly from the manufacturer and you then don't get the automated email.

Typical ship time to anywhere in the world is 1-2 weeks. Hopefully you'll have it late this week or next week.

Thanks for the order too - it's appreciated!

Kal

monster3

PostLink    Posted: Wed May 02, 2012 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Kal! I received the email.
monster3

PostLink    Posted: Thu May 10, 2012 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received my 3D VIP Theatre today. I fixed it but it doesn't seem to work. It's receiving side by side 3D input and when I press the P1 button once, all 3 lights on 3D Theatre (Power, Link and 3D lights) are on. But the projector shows "HDMI Input Not Supported". When the P1 button is not pressed and only the 3D light is off, the image appears on screen as side by side. Its just not receiving 3D input(or converting it). Even the RF transmitter has its lights blinking throughout searching for 3D signal, it hasn't shown any signs of detecting the signal, even when the 3D light on VIP Theatre was on(with no image on screen). Some help??
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Thu May 10, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

monster3 wrote:
I received my 3D VIP Theatre today. I fixed it but it doesn't seem to work.

What exactly required fixing?

What glasses are you using? What emitter?

Take a look at the installation guides on our 3D-Theatre order page. There are ones specifically for IR and RF glasses. See:

3D-Theatre Installation Guide with RF Glasses: http://www.curtpalme.com/docs/manual_theater_rf.pdf
3D-Theatre Installation Guide with IR Glasses: http://www.curtpalme.com/docs/manual_theater_ir.pdf
3D-Theatre Installation Guide: http://www.curtpalme.com/docs/3D-Theatre_installation_guide.pdf

How is the first dip switch set? For 60Hz or 120Hz output? Try 60Hz if your projector doesn't support 120Hz.

monster3 wrote:
It's receiving side by side 3D input and when I press the P1 button once, all 3 lights on 3D Theatre (Power, Link and 3D lights) are on. But the projector shows "HDMI Input Not Supported". When the P1 button is not pressed and only the 3D light is off, the image appears on screen as side by side.

The P1 button cycles throug the various 3D formats when the source isn't HDMI 1.4 and can't send the type of 3D in the signal (like on a satellite/cable TV box). With a source like a PS3 you shouldn't have to ever use it. Don't hold the P1 button either. Press it once and let go. There are multiple types of 3D signals so sometimes you may have to press it a few times to cycle through all the types.

What source are you using? What movie or game?
What resolution is the source set to? Are there any other 3D settings in the source? What are they?

Are you using a USB power supply with the 3D-Theatre?

I'll also cut & paste the standard VIP 3D Adapter Installation Guide that the manufacturer provides that has a lot of good information in it. Here it is:

Quote:
VIP 3D Adapter Installation Guide

Note: If you have purchased RF Glasses please make sure to use the included USB Cable to charge the glasses for no less the 4 hours before first use.

It is recommended that you test the unit first by installing the converter in a basic environment as follows:
1- Make sure your Dip Switch #1 is set correctly – UP for 120Hz and down for 60Hz
2- Connect the USB cable from either PS3 or 3D Blu-Ray Player USB port or more preferable to eliminate power related problems, via a USB wall-connector to the USB port on the converter
3- Connect an HDMI cable from your player (PS3 or any other 3D player) to the HDMI IN connector on the converter
4- Connect an HDMI cable from your Display (television or projector) to the HDMI OUT connector on the converter
At this point, you should be getting the power light and the link light ON (the colour of the lights does not make a difference). You should be able to go to your player and start 3D contents.
If you are using PS3 and you are not getting 3D contents to display, you will need to go to your settings on the PS3 and go to Video Setting and select HDMI and Automatic and after a brief blank screen should be able to see the menu and upon pressing YES should be able to see various modes active on the PS3 including two 3D modes. If the 3D modes are not appearing,
1- the problem may be with the PS3 firmware. You may need to download the latest firmware. If the problem persists,
2- do unplug everything and plug back everything. If the lights on the converter are lit and you are still not getting 3D modes supported, most likely the problem lies with your PS3.
3- Should the lights on the converter remain off after powering the unit with the USB, check you USB power connection. Try a few different power sources while keeping in mind the unit must not get more than 5V of DC. The suggested amps required is 1.0A or greater.
One other test to see if the converter is working is to test any 2D contents. If they appear fine but 3D contents do not appear,
1- Change the Dip Switch setting from UP to DOWN or vice versa. Unplug the USB cable from the connector and plug it back in. Try running the 3D contents again.
If the converter power light is ON but the link light is OFF, check your HDMI cables and make sure you have a secure connection. Unplugging and plugging the cable while the converter is ON is fine. Check all connections and check your cables. It is advised that you should have a couple of spare HDMI cables for testing purposes. If the problem persists, contact support2@3d-vip.com.

If you are getting a 3D image when playing contents, you may now turn your DLP glasses and view the image change from a double image to a single image with depth and clarity. Should the glasses fail to provide the correct image – glasses do not turn darker when powered on and the image remains the same as before putting on the glasses, check the batteries and if possible, replace the battery. If the problem persists, contact support2@3d-vip.com as you may have a defective pair of glasses.

In case of IR/RF setup, you may now connector your 3-PIN DIN connector to the converter and plug the other end to either your emitter or to your transmitter. Emitter or Transmitter lights should go on. In the case of Emitter:
1- Two green lights should come on. Now turn your glasses on and after a brief lens shuttering you should be able to see a 3D image (the double image without the glasses appears a single image with depth and clarity). If you do not get the 3Dimage, make sure your glasses are on and the two lights on the emitter are on. If the emitter lights do not turn on, unplug and plug the emitter again. If the problem persists, unplug and plug the USB cable from the converter. If the problem persists, check to make sure that the USB cable is being powered via 5V 1.0-2.0A wall-connector or a device with the proposed power. If the problem persists, contact us via support2@3d-vip.com as you may have a defective emitter. If the emitter lights are on but the glasses don’t seem to turn on – no shuttering and change from bright to dark contract when wearing the glasses, check the glasses battery. If possible, replace the battery. If the problem persists, send us an email at support2@3d-vip.com as you may have a defective pair of glasses. Do look at the glasses lens to see if you can spot a physical damage in the lens.
2- In case of the RF pack, connect the other end of the DIN connector to the transmitter and turn your glasses on. The transmitter will flash five red lights back and forth until the glasses sync in. If the transmitter lights do not flash or continue to flash without stabilizing, follow the same steps as with the emitter installation and send us an email should the problem persist. If the transmitter lights stabilize but the glasses don’t seem to respond, charge the glasses with the USB cable provided and try again. If the problem persists, contact us via email.

WHEN YOU SEND AN EMAIL TO SUPPORT, DO PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION LISTED IN YOUR EMAIL:

1- The Converter Model
2- The Player type and the Model – if multiple specify multiple
3- The Display type and the Model – if multiple specify multiple
4- The content type and the name of the content – if multiple specify multiple
5- Specify the type of glasses – DLP, IR or RF – specify if it is the emitter/transmitter or the glasses failing – or both
6- Specify how the converter is being powered – multiple sources
7- Specify in your own words the steps or efforts made by you that would shed light on what might be causing the problem.

PLEASE FILL THE FORM ATTACHED WHEN EMAILING SUPPORT

Once the 3D image appears after the above setup but the quality of the image is poor – flickering, ghosting/crosstalk, you may adjust the settings via the following:
1- In case of the IR glasses and the emitter, you have two option buttons on the emitter. Try working the two to see what best delivers the desired results. Further, your television and projector should be either in the game mode or a modes that does the least bit of picture processing – no noise reduction, etc. Manually turn off all the picture interpolation features in the picture setting menu on your display. If you are unable to get a good quality image, please contact support2@3d-vip.com for further instructions.
2- In case of the RF pack, do please make sure you have the electronic version of the manual. If not, contact either the reseller or directly 3D-VIP at support2@3d-vip.com and request for RF glasses manual and guide. Follow the instructions and set the image to your liking. Do note the picture mode and settings should be the same as for the IR glasses with the emitter – no picture interpolation and shutting off all the picture processing settings under the picture menu on your display.
If you have been successfully able to install the converter up to this point but incur problems when you add additional devices in the chain, please not that we highly recommend our converter to be the last device before the display. If the problems persist, check your additional devices and make sure they are 3D compatible. You may also contact the manufacturers of these devices to gain additional information on how best to install your setup.
If you are experiencing problems with some contents but others work fine, check to see if your converter supports the formats of the problematic contents. For instance, in the case of SBS or T/B contents, 3D-Theatre is the only one that supports these modes.
If you see side-by-side image and possess 3D-Theatre, you can simply press the push button next to the dip switch once and the contents should merge in to a 3D image. If this does not happen, press the push button a few times while waiting at least 15-30 seconds before pressing the button and see if that resolves the problem. If nothing happens when you press the button and the image remains the same, you may need a firmware upgrade and contact support2@3d-vip.com. If you are seeing top-to-bottom or up-down contents, press the button twice and that should change the image to the desired one. Again, if the image does not change while you press the button, you may need a firmware upgrade and contact support.
DIRECTV SBS & T/B contents should automatically change to a correct 3D image while COMCAST requires manual adjustments. This is because of the content providers. When in doubt, press the button to see if it corrects the image. If not, contact support.

Kal

monster3

PostLink    Posted: Thu May 10, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What exactly required fixing?

I think I fixed it properly, following the instructions in the manual.

Quote:
What glasses are you using? What emitter?

I'm using Monstervision 3Dmax glasses with RF emitter.

Quote:
Take a look at the installation guides on our 3D-Theatre order page. There are ones specifically for IR and RF glasses. See:

3D-Theatre Installation Guide with RF Glasses: http://www.curtpalme.com/docs/manual_theater_rf.pdf
3D-Theatre Installation Guide with IR Glasses: http://www.curtpalme.com/docs/manual_theater_ir.pdf
3D-Theatre Installation Guide: http://www.curtpalme.com/docs/3D-Theatre_installation_guide.pdf

How is the first dip switch set? For 60Hz or 120Hz output? Try 60Hz if your projector doesn't support 120Hz.

I tried it up (it didn't work) and then down for 60Hz (it didn't work as well). My projector supports 60Hz and I am using HDMI cable 1.4.

Quote:
The P1 button cycles throug the various 3D formats when the source isn't HDMI 1.4 and can't send the type of 3D in the signal (like on a satellite/cable TV box). With a source like a PS3 you shouldn't have to ever use it. Don't hold the P1 button either. Press it once and let go. There are multiple types of 3D signals so sometimes you may have to press it a few times to cycle through all the types.

Yea. I pressed it only once for side by side input. It didn't work. Then I tried it in different ways by pressing it again(for top and bottom) and it didn't work.

Quote:
What source are you using? What movie or game?
What resolution is the source set to? Are there any other 3D settings in the source? What are they?

I'm using desktop to play avatar in 3D (side by side). Source is set to 1080p resolution and there are no other 3D settings in the source. The projector does show the image side by side but without the 3D light of 3D-Theatre being on and the RF transmitter does not detect the signal. When I press the P1 switch, that's when the 3D light turns on on 3d-Theatre unit, but the image dissapears from the screen and the RF transmitter still doesn't pick up the signal.

Quote:
Are you using a USB power supply with the 3D-Theatre?

Yea. The USB is plugged to a 5V source from the wall and seems to work fine. But it does have another problem. When it's connected to the RF emitter and the RF emitter is connected to PC via USB for power, both don't seem to power up despite both having different sources of power input. When another power source (a laptop) was used to power up the RF emitter, only then did both the 3D-Theatre(still plugged to the wall) and RF emitter power up.
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Thu May 10, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're using a Desktop PC with Blu-ray player software? I think your problem is most likely the source. Do you have something more "normal" like a PS3 to try? PCs are horrendous at having a million settings that can affect playback.

Make sure to set the output to 720p. That may have an effect since you're using a PC. It may not be switching correctly to 720p.

Kal

monster3

PostLink    Posted: Fri May 11, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I only use desktop to play all movies. It's convenient as I get to tweak the picture settings and save the changes for future playback. I got 3D-Theatre as its said to be able to play 3D internet videos. Is there a way this may work out? When P1 switch is pressed, the projection says "HDMI Input Not Supported" and in the bottom there's "V=120Hz" written(with first DIP switch down). When the first DIP switch is up, it says "V=240Hz". Could that be the problem?

PS: I just changed the output to 720p and it does come up on the projection display with the 3D light on for side by side:). But the only problem is that the RF emitter isn't detecting the signal.
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Fri May 11, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to make sure to set the PC to one of the supported resolutions/refresh rates:

Quote:
All known 3D formats are supported including:
- Frame packing 720p60, 720p50, 720p30, 1080p24, 1080p25, 1080p30
- Side-by-side 1080i60, 1080i50, 1080p24, 1080p30, 720p60, 720p50, 720p30
- Top-bottom 1080p24, 1080p25, 1080p30, 720p60, 720p50, 720p30

This is the problem with PCs. You can do just about anything including non-standard resolutions/refresh rates.

What videos are you playing exactly? Do you have a link to the source files you're playing? What PC player are you using?

Kal

Kal

monster3

PostLink    Posted: Sat May 12, 2012 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea I have sent a pm as I thought the post is getting longer with my problems.
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Sat May 12, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please post them here. There's no need to split things up with PMs. It just makes it confusing to follow as I get 100's of emails/day.

Kal

monster3

PostLink    Posted: Sun May 13, 2012 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright. Here it is. My PC is on 720p60Hz. It does display the picture side by side. With the P1 button pressed (and 3D light on), there are like 3 images formed on the screen (with one in the middle that dominates) and I suppose the 3D glasses may be used to view the image in 3D. Its just the emitter thats not detecting the signal yet. Is there something wrong with the settings?
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Sun May 13, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The RF glasses you bought elsewhere will work with this setup guide:

Make sure the glasses have charged long enough.
The guide above has all sorts of troubleshooting ideas.

Again, What videos are you playing exactly? Do you have a link to the source files you're playing? What PC player are you using?

Kal

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> 3D Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: