Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Can i use my nVIDIA 3D glasses with the VIP?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> 3D Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:09 am    Post subject: Can i use my nVIDIA 3D glasses with the VIP? Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I have the wireless nVIDIA 3D glasses, they work very well on the PC, however i would like to use them with my 3D bluray player if i can.

Will they work with the VIP for this??

They do have an extra connection cable with them with a small 3 pin DIN plug, which looks to be the same as the emitter output on the VIP unit.
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any set of 3D glasses will work as long as the emitter has a standard 3-pin DIN connector (like yours does).

The 3D-VIP converters are available for purchase here: http://www.curtpalme.com/Products.shtm#3DConverters

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah thanks Kal, i know where to buy, i just wanted to be certain they would work before i do pay that much money Wink

Cheers mate!!
KurianOfBorg

PostLink    Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same question. Wikipedia says the nVidia emitter does not allow standalone operation even though it has a VESA Stereo input.

I want to know if something like the 3D-Displayer/3DFury can be used with the nVidia 3D Vision emitter and glasses. The nVidia emitter comes with a VESA Stereo mini-DIN cable input.

However I am unable to find out whether the emitter will actually function on it's own with just the VESA Stereo signal. I have a feeling it still requires a PC with the nVidia 3D Vision drivers to be running some 3D game/movie in order to activate the emitter since nVidia keeps everything proprietary.

Can someone confirm if the nVidia emitter works with just USB power and the VESA Stereo input?
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I mentioned above, the 3D-Displayer and 3D-Theatre can be used with any emitter that has a 3-pin DIN style connector. The glasses are paired with the emitter and usually sold together. The 3D-Displayer and 3D-Theatre only talk to the emitter so that's all they care about. No idea about other products. Sorry.

Kal

KurianOfBorg

PostLink    Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if CasetheCorvetteman has bought one of the VIP 3D converters for use with his nVidia 3D Vision kit. I'd PM him but the forum isn't allowing me to PM yet.

I think in the worst case if you keep the nVidia emitter plugged into the PC and start a 3D game or movie on the PC the emitter will activate. Then connecting the VESA Stereo input to the 3D-Displayer should make the emitter sync to the 3D-Displayer instead of the PC.
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KurianOfBorg wrote:
I'd PM him but the forum isn't allowing me to PM yet.

Post a few dummy posts in the test forum and then you can PM. (Sorry about this but it's an anti-spam measure as we had spammers signing up and then PM'ing people with spams by the 100's).

Kal

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> 3D Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: