Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Active Area Scanning with Ampro 4600

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater PCs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
incova

PostLink    Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Active Area Scanning with Ampro 4600 Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hi guys, Finally going to get down to this but I need a lot of advice as Scott gave me specific timings for my AMpro to do 1080p.

I have setup the Ampro to do 1080p but I want to see if I can save some bandwidth and optimise my picture maybe run it at 1080i 72 or 96 if the PJ retains detail, the 4600 has 100 Mhz of bandwidth.

These are my pj details.

H scan is 15kHZ - 105 kHZ
Vertical is 40 - 150 Hz
bandwidth is 100 MHz
retrace Horizontal 2.8
Vertical 400

I have attatched my current timings for all too see, Scott set these up for me as I did not get it.

I want to try and run the pj at 1080i for 1.78 1.85 ratios at 72Hz maybe 96Hz to lower bandwidth needs and then try 817 and 800 for 2.35 2.40 aspect ratios, I really dont mind setting them all up on different channels.

What I really need to know is will I just be inputting 800 or 817 instead of 1080 in there respective bixes or should I be paying attention to anything else?

Also, with regards to 1080i, I assume I can just increase the refresh rate to 72 and switch to interlaced instead of progressive?

Many thanks for any help, I will also be using Mikes Aspect ratio program once I set this up.

details.jpg
 Description:
Current timings to run 1080p
 Filesize:  351.1 KB
 Viewed:  4675 Time(s)

details.jpg

incova

PostLink    Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:10 am    Post subject: OK Reply with quote

I inputted 800 where it asks for desktop lines and 800 where it asks for active vertical lines, I did the same with the 817, I hope this is correct and that gives me the aspect ratio of 2.35 and 2.40.
If anyone can tell me if I am doing the wrong thing please chime in.

Where I wanted to do a interlaced frequency of 1080p 1920 at 72 I am stuck even with Mark AWs thread which I thank him for.

http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=229230#229230

I left the desktop lines set at 1080 but changed active vertical lines to 540 as per Marks explanation set the refresh to 72 and switched to interlaced. No luck so far, I will try again, maybe I am doing something wrong, it just wont do it.

Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for 2.4 set it at 800 active lines. The picture should look too tall, you then have to squeeze it down in the PJ if there is enough adjustment for vertical size. I am not sure how a PC uses the desktop lines but it might be better to use around 837. I'm a VP guy and not a PC user so the interface is different.

Athanasios

800p@72.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  62.76 KB
 Viewed:  5928 Time(s)

800p@72.JPG

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

Marquee High Performance Bellows now shipping!!
Marquee Modifications and Performance Enhancement
Marquee C-element and Bellow removal
View user's photo album (1 photos)
incova

PostLink    Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks, is the resolution calculator tool you have there a part of the VP or is there somewhere I can get it? , also is there a calculation for bandwidth in all these figures?
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a tool from the TV-One web site for use in their VP's

http://tvone.CRMdesk.com/image.aspx?mode=file&id=385

The Pixel clock is the bandwidth. The Ampro should handle my settings even though it says 100mhz I think its way under rated.

Athanasios

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

Marquee High Performance Bellows now shipping!!
Marquee Modifications and Performance Enhancement
Marquee C-element and Bellow removal
View user's photo album (1 photos)
incova

PostLink    Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:46 pm    Post subject: OK Reply with quote

I want to keep it progresive especially with the reduction of bandwidth but not sure if that will work out, the Ampro can show the picture but I want it optimal and it looks too soft to me. If I run it at 1280 1024 you can see the visible difference but I dont like the scan lines either so I want to get it to the point just where the scan lines go away.

At the moment I dont know why the control panel even when I use 800 or 817 lines still reports the bandwidth at 162.5 the same as 1080p, I think the software is buggy.

I cannot get 1080i to work at all, dont know why.

The settings you gave me look great, thanks, the only problem is Scott told me

"The retrace time of the Ampro projectors is too long to show all of 1080p without the image wrapping around. Not much can be done. You can move the blanking in to blank out the wrapped part or get a scaler and create a blanking time wider than the projector's retrace time or display something other than 1080p".
http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27592&highlight=

He then gave me the settings I use now.

Are your settings compatable with this? My settings are in the jpeg at the top of the thread.

incova

PostLink    Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: INterlaced Reply with quote

I tried interlaced and got told my monitor does not support it, this is getting annoying. Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater PCs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: