Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Whats a good high end BetaMax Model??

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Source Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeremy112

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Whats a good high end BetaMax Model?? Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Yep, betamax! I am interested in possibly getting one of these ancient relics, I want to know what some of the high end models of the day were so I know what to go looking for.

Anyone know any models? Mr. Green

CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Analogrocks is the King of Betamaxes.

I'd say the SL2500 and 2700s are pretty good. I'm working on one that I'll have running in a month, I think it's the 2700. Keep in mind with the SuperBeta models, as with the SVHS ones, if the tape wasn't originally recorded in SuperBeta mode, the extra specs of the Splayback won't help you.

At this point I don't think it's as much about the model number as it is about the actual working condition of the unit. If you want to dub old tapes to DVD, just find a machine that works properly. Finding a good BEta tech is as hard as finding a good CRT tech at this point (I'm NOT a good Beta tech, but know the basics), so to get a truly refurbished machine, you'll be spending $100s to a good overhauled one. I do the basics, test all functions, and sell them for $100-150 so I can make a tiny profit... if I'm lucky. THe next good one I get going I'll use to transfer my own Beta tapes to DVD, then I'll sell it.

Also, if a Beta tape was recorded in mono non Hifi, a hifi machine isn't going to do anything extra for you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Source Devices All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: