Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Easier Polarity Adjustment - Provided by SgtVideo on AVSF

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> 3D Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HighDefMike

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:42 am    Post subject: Easier Polarity Adjustment - Provided by SgtVideo on AVSF Reply with quote

I was bored @ work today, and found this info on AVSForum in the VIP Theater thread; that's been going for quite a while. But since I'm a VIP "johnny-come-lately", I had no idea an easier solution had been provided concerning this.

I'm sure SgtVideo won't mind me posting it over here, in case there's someone else that may not follow/read incredibly long threads that may just contain the very nugget of info they need in a tangent post.

I've made the correction in the post that another poster pointed out following the original posting (replacing DUTY CYCLE with DELAY).
Thanks SgtVideo!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SgtVideo
Try this alternate method for polarity change:

This technique allows you to change polarity using "Delay".

You can change the polarity via the Dongle on the transmitter. When you are in the Delay (UP & DOWN red lights)... imagine that the five lights are split in two equal halves of L and R. When you go left of the 2.5 settings with the RED lights, you are now configuring a different polarity than if you are extending the red lights to the right beyond the middle point.

Remember you are working with RED lights that change with UP and DOWN movement on the dongle!

L C R

Depending on where you find your best picture setting, you can always find the same setting either to the left of the centre or the right of the centre (c) with the correct polarity. This is the easiest and the fastest way to change the polarity without having to go through the utility or without having to find the “Midas touch” on the dongle to get the centre push right.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> 3D Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: