Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

looking for a good res to run to my projector.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater PCs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
edavi394

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:08 pm    Post subject: looking for a good res to run to my projector. Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hi, I have a nec xg-110 projector and have it connected to my HTPC. I want to send it the best picture possible but am not sure what resolution i need to go with. I am using a 2.35:1 screen windows 7 and nvidia GTX-460. I have the projector connected with HDMI. Part of my problem is the monitor i am using on my HTPC is a old lcd that is limited to a lower resolution then I want to send to the projector. the projector is in a separate room and I can not see it from the computer. I have tried using the projector as an extension and this does seem to work but it a little bit of a pain to go into full screen mode in a movie since I can not see where to click ect... also then trying to get the player back to the monitor is a real pain. what better solutions are there for doing this? thanks
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get a wireless keyboard and mouse to move them into the theater room.

If your focusing on the XG is razor sharp, then 1080p shouldn't be an issue. Some XGs are always a bit out in the corners, and if that's the case with yours, I'd run 720p.
edavi394

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought about the wireless key board and mouse I have a set actually, but 2 things I was not sure about. 1 I don't know if the range is going to be good enough but this i can test. but the other thing is I will be in the same situation I am not right? I will only be ably to see what is on the projector but my desktop ect will be on the monitor... I guess I could go in the computer room and put the video on the projector then go in and adjust that.. just thought there would be something more more simple.
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if your using a 2.35/2.40 screen use 1920x817p@72hz for 2.35 or What I use for all 2.35 and 2.4 is 1920x800p@72. the 800p is better since its an even number and the scaling is better this way.

Now that resolution is only for watching the corresponding material, i would not recommend it for the desk top but you could try it out.

What that res will do is only show the active area of the blu ray movie.

read this link

http://archive2.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=737385&highlight=want+to+optimize+your+scaler+or+HTPC+for+CRT

Athanasios

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

Marquee High Performance Bellows now shipping!!
Marquee Modifications and Performance Enhancement
Marquee C-element and Bellow removal
View user's photo album (1 photos)
edavi394

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome thanks!
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could try cloning your desktop but then you may be limited to the resolution of your LCD monitor. Some graphics cards will allow two separate resolutions for monitor A ( LCD) and monitor B ( NEC PJ ).

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
edavi394

PostLink    Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah for cloning I am limited to a lower resolution plus the lcd monitor is a 4:3 Sad any good software for playing blu-ray movies? I have a blu-ray drive in the pc and was going to rent a movie to test it out ( i currently own no blu-ray's but do own around 500 dvd's ) Smile
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like 1440 x 960 @ 72Hz for DVD or even 1024x768 @72Hz as a general use resolution for desktop and DVD.

1080i@72 for bluray.

Somebody else will have to advise you one Bluray software.

Go get your self a CRT monitor 17-21" like a 17" Samsung 753 ( that will do 1080p! ) or one of the Sony's or Sony clones ( HP, SG, LaCie etc ) it makes life so much easier. Most will do 1080p except the low end ones. It's great for setting up resolutions. I use a Sony G520P 21" and the Samsung 17" as well as a Viewsonic 17" P series

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
prover

PostLink    Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edavi394 wrote:
yeah for cloning I am limited to a lower resolution plus the lcd monitor is a 4:3 Sad any good software for playing blu-ray movies? I have a blu-ray drive in the pc and was going to rent a movie to test it out ( i currently own no blu-ray's but do own around 500 dvd's ) Smile

I use PowerDVD10 Ultra 3D MarkII, works great under Win7.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Home Theater PCs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: