Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Panasonic PT-LB20U 3LCD projector repair question
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Digital Projectors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
akajester

PostLink    Posted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
So, opened it up. I took out the assembly with the 3 lcd panels on it. The blue has a discoloration to it. The panels are glued to the assembly, so they can't be remounted. bugger! I also took out the main screen (polarizer?) next to the assembly and wiped it off. I think that was a mistake as now the whole image is faded. I'm guessing I may have wiped off something important? Smile

Either way it sounds to me like the blue lcd is toast and I don't think anyone has one laying about, so these may end up on the trash heap.

Thanks everyone for your help!

Dale
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

akajester wrote:
So, opened it up. I took out the assembly with the 3 lcd panels on it. The blue has a discoloration to it. The panels are glued to the assembly, so they can't be remounted. bugger! I also took out the main screen (polarizer?) next to the assembly and wiped it off. I think that was a mistake as now the whole image is faded. I'm guessing I may have wiped off something important? Smile

Either way it sounds to me like the blue lcd is toast and I don't think anyone has one laying about, so these may end up on the trash heap.

Dale

Can you post a picture of what you found?
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ecrabb wrote:
macgyver655 wrote:
Dan. No I wont be out that way anytime soon but if your going to toss them I might pay the shipping to me. Shoot me a PM if thats an option.

Hey, if you're going to toss 'em, and Mac, if you don't want two of them, I'd pay to ship the other one. I'm still looking for a "neighborhood movie night" projector and this would make an interesting winter project.

Thanks,
SC

Steve. Let me see what Dan has to say and I'll meet you in PM land. Very Happy
WanMan

PostLink    Posted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have already cracked open one of these puppies and had a look inside.

PostLink    Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:15 pm    Post subject: just curious as to what happned to the two Panasonics Reply with quote

akajester wrote:

Dale

Hello

first i would like to apologize for resurecting a dead thread,but i was just curious if the Panasonic LB20U's in question ever made it to the trash heap? and if you still got them ,how much would you take for them in as is condition?

any and all information is greatly appreciated

thanks

Keith.
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: just curious as to what happned to the two Panasonics Reply with quote

Kobra000 wrote:
akajester wrote:

Dale

Hello

first i would like to apologize for resurecting a dead thread,but i was just curious if the Panasonic LB20U's in question ever made it to the trash heap? and if you still got them ,how much would you take for them in as is condition?

thanks

Keith.

I have them. I haven't finished the repair yet but planning to soon. What is your problem?
Kobra000

PostLink    Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:28 pm    Post subject: Re: just curious as to what happned to the two Panasonics Reply with quote

macgyver655 wrote:
Kobra000 wrote:
akajester wrote:

Dale

Hello

thanks

Keith.

I have them. I haven't finished the repair yet but planning to soon. What is your problem?

oh no problem..i just picked up one on the net for like 20 bucks and it said "mirrors out of alignment" and was just wondering if anyone had experienced with that..i have the service manual..but its alittle confusing here and there.

i was just curious if you didnt repair them and was going to throw them out how much you might want for them.

thanks

Keith.
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does the image look?
Kobra000

PostLink    Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh i haven't even gotten to test it yet because i dont have a bulb so i have no clue as to what the image looks like..i took out the LCDS to inspect them for damage or smudging or or anything,but they seem to be AOK...no streaks or smudges or bleeds or haze or anything..so i installed them back in mine were not glued in they were just mounted on 4 posts but to keep them from rattling i put a tiny tiny minuscule amount of high temp silicone in the wells that the 4 posts go into on the LCD and that did real well. no more rattling. Even the polarizer plates seem to be clean as a whistle )
Im currently waiting for everyone's favorite auction sight to gimme a good deal on a bulb and ill will go from there. that was also 50% of the interest in yours if the bulbs were anygood and if youd sell them...but if your still gong to fix them its cool i understand.

thanks

Keith.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Digital Projectors All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: