Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Converting Super 8 and CVH Pal to cd

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Source Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drice1234

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:04 pm    Post subject: Converting Super 8 and CVH Pal to cd Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I was talking with a friend who lived in South Africa in the late 60' early 70's and he was telling me that he has some old tapes of safari's, native tribes, etc from this time period. He said that the tapes are Super 8 and CVH (?) in PAL format. He wanted to see if I had a way to convert these to a format that can be written to CD or DVD. He does not have a player for either type of tape but I see where you can pick up Super 8 projectors on Craigslist cheap. Any ideas on how to go about converting these old films?
Thanks
Dan
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aiwa made multiformat VHS machines by the ton for the world markets. To copy film, he'd simply need to project it onto a wall and aim a camcorder on the screen. I need to do that with my reg 8mm film showing my 'shop' when I was about 11. If you guys are REALLY nice to me, I MIGHT post it. Smile

There are also some light boxes where you aim the projector lens at one end, and the camera at another, but I don't see how that could be better than using a screen. I'll bet eBay has those. I see nothing when googling 'CVH Video'. Thought for a sec you might be talking about some obscure pre=laser disc player, but I can't remember..
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought CVH was a type of video cassette used only in PAL countries back in the 70's and 80's. I seem to remember reading that while I was reading about Betamax.

EDIT: sorry was thinking about Grundig's VCC. Opps

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Source Devices All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: