Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

flip-over screen?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Screens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mc86

TV/Projector: ECP 4500 (Vidikron box), ECP4500+, wanting 07MS/07MTS, evaluating pc soft-blend

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:02 am    Post subject: flip-over screen? Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Has anyone seen plans for a screen that has something like a huge wall map, picture, etc. on one side and the PJ screen on the other. I am imagining the wo vertical edges would have slots running the length on the edge facing the center screen. Two pins located at one extreme of the screen could be slide all the way up with the screen facing side A and all the way down with a flip-over for side B in a manner somewhat akin to how my clean-in-place windows work...

I looked around, but can't find any hits...MUST be using bad keywords.

Matt
ChrisWiggles
Opinionated SOB

PostLink    Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve, mr_ro_co, made a rigid flip-down screen with a winch thing, and his speakers are integrated into the frame above & below the screen. That was a kind of interesting way to do it, if you put stuff behind it then it would kind of accomplish the same thing as a reveal.

Usually people just do drop-down screens though, that seems a lot easier and neater.

There are rolling fabric art reveal frames that you can get or make to hide a flat panel, those are kind of cool.

I've never really seen what you're asking for as a stand-alone product though, other than hinged art frames behind which you could hide a safe or something, but never anything big enough for a FP screen.

I think you'd probably have to construct something like this yourself.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Screens All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: