Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

FAQ: ChromaPure Video Calibration Software
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> ChromaPure Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:07 am    Post subject: FAQ: ChromaPure Video Calibration Software Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
ChromaPure Video Calibration Software

Order today at an exclusive CurtPalme.com reduced price! GO »

ChromaPure is new, very easy to use, calibration software designed by experienced professional calibrator Tom Huffman. Doesn't matter if you're new to calibration or a seasoned professional, ChromaPure provides all the features you need.

Our very own free 'Greyscale & Colour Calibration for Dummies' guide was designed around Tom's easy to follow workflow process so anyone familiar with our guide should feel right at home with ChromaPure software.

We've worked out an exclusive deal for our members to bring you this product at a price lower than what everyone else pays anywhere on the internet! Buy direct from our ChromaPure partner at prices lower than buying off their own website! Same product, same support, just more money in your pocket at the end of the day.

Confused about meters? See our FAQ: Which meter is right for me?

What is ChromaPure?

Even expensive video displays are often adjusted at the factory to make the best impression on well-lit show room floors. This generally means bluish whites, elevated black levels, excessive edge enhancement, and peak whites that preclude comfortable viewing. When you get the video display home under realistic viewing conditions many are shocked at the difference.

Most displays do not have accurate colour out-of-the-box. Fortunately, it is becoming increasingly common for manufacturers to offer built-in colour management systems that allow users with the right equipment and software to dial in industry standard colour. Without this calibration you are not viewing television and film the way it was intended to be seen.

Used in conjunction with test patterns and a colorimeter, ChromaPure software allows the user to quickly bring a any video display with adequate controls into conformity with industry standards.
The display's performance is presented in colourful charts and precise numerical values, both of which can update in real time as calibration adjustments are made.

ChromaPure is based on a before/after model. When the calibration is finished, the user can generate a printable report that depicts the performance of the display before and after calibration.

For complete details, meter support, and sample videos, see our ChromaPure order page.

Screenshots

Links

ChromaPure Video Calibration Software
ChromaPure / Display 2 bundle
ChromaPure / DTP-94 bundle
ChromaPure / DTP-94 PRO bundle
ChromaPure / Chroma 5 bundle
ChromaPure / Chroma 5 PRO bundle
ChromaPure / EyeOne Pro bundle
ChromaPure / Klein K-10 bundle

We've also published Tom's very informative Colour Science articles. Give them a read!:

Colour Science: About Meter Accuracy
Colour Science: Display Calculators
Colour Science: Lightness and Luminance
Colour Science: Why CIE94?
Colour Science: Calibrating Front Projectors
Colour Science: Video Calibration Myths
Colour Science: The Three Dimensions of Color
Colour Science: Understanding Contrast
Colour Science: All about Color Decoding
Colour Science: Understanding Delta-E
Colour Science: Understanding Gamma

Questions? Email us at chromapure@curtpalme.com

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0

Last edited by kal on Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:40 pm; edited 8 times in total
View user's photo album (18 photos)
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heads up that ChromaPure v2 is coming soon!

We've worked out a special deal: Anyone purchasing ChromaPure at our CurtPalme.com discounted price (either standalone or in a package) will automatically get a free upgrade to v2 once released!

ChromaPure v2 will include tight integration with the new DVDO iScan Duo video processor, enhanced colour management, and possibly other other goodies that we can't mention now. Wink

Purchase ChromaPure now and get the upgrade later this summer for free!

To order see: http://www.curtpalme.com/ChromaPure.shtm

Reviews/Testimonials

"Last night I had my first opportunity to use ChromaPure on the famed JVC D-ILA 750HD Front Projector. Calibrating the Color Management System (CMS) with the Color Management Module on ChromaPure was, dare I say?...a "BREEZE". Yes...CMS is a breeze with this software! I can't overstate my wholehearted endorsement of ChromaPure and Tom Huffman, the man who "wrote the book" on Color Management. In fact, I traded my <other> software in to get the ChromaPure System specifically for new generation displays with Color Management Systems, as well as LED illuminated displays." - Bill Hergonson, Owner, Coast Calibration, Carlsbad, CA. ISF/HAA Level II Certified

"I asked Tom what his key goals were when he set off to develop ChromaPure. He said that he wanted to offer a calibration program that incorporated the features that he wanted to use, along with a well thought out workflow. I'm pleased to report that ChromaPure has delivered on those goals and more. ChromaPure is an excellent calibration program that is well worth the very reasonable purchase price. The software is easy to use, well thought out and is very stable. The CMS support is a standout feature that is not available in competing products and by itself is worth the price of the software. When combined with all of the other features like multiple colorspace support and multiple color difference model support, the program is a compelling bargain. I found that the program yielded excellent results while significantly speeding up my calibration times. After using the program, I've decided to use ChromaPure for all of my display calibration needs. Future display reviews on this blog will be done using ChromaPure, so expect the graphs from ChromaPure to show up often." - Mark Petersen of VideoVantage.com

Read more reviews ...

Are you enjoying using ChromaPure? Post here and let us know!

Kal

Last edited by kal on Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChromaPure 2.0 is now shipping! Upgrades are free for customers who purchased after June 1, 2010. Email us at chromapure@curtpalme.com for details.

A new Professional version is also now available that supports an unlimited number of meters and signal generators including many new professional grade models - all for one low price!

Save $700 on ChromaPure Professional

Until the end of September we're offering a ChromaPure Standard to Professional upgrade for only $100 instead of $800! So for about the cost of one extra meter licence, you get support for all meters plus all the extra pro features. A real bargain - Even for home users interested in adding just one extra meter any time in the future. Only available until the end of September 2010!

New features in ChromaPure 2.0:

• A new Contrast module for measuring on/off and checkerboard contrast
  • A new Advanced Color Management module for measuring color at different levels of saturation and amplitude
  • A new Data Conversion module for converting xyY into a variety of other formats
  • A new option for grayscale/gamma readings in 5% increments
  • Support for the Spyder3 colorimeter
  • Support for the DVDO Duo video processor as a signal generator
  • Support for the Lumagen Radiance video processor as a signal generator
  • ChromaPure now comes in two versions - Standard and Professional. The differences between the two versions are:
    The Professional version supports high-end color analyzers, including:
    - Minolta CS-200 colorimeter
    - Photo Research PR-655/670 spectroradiometer
    - Orb Optronics SP100/JETI Specbos 1201 spectroradiometer
    - JETI Specbos 1211 spectroradiometer
    - Klein K-10 colorimeter (no longer supported in the Standard Version)
    - X-Rite Hubble/Sencore OTC-1000 colorimeter (no longer supported in the Standard Version)
    The Professional version also supports high-end signal generators, including:
    - Sencore VP40x
    - Quantum Data 780
    - Accupel HDG-3000/4000 (no longer supported in the Standard Version)
    The Professional version includes licensing for professional use (no longer supported in the Standard Version)
    The Professional version includes licensing for an unlimited number of meters
    The Professional version includes support for individually customized Excel-based reports
    The Professional version includes licensing for Duo/Radiance auto-calibrate when available (will also be available in the Standard version as an optional add-on)
Enhanced features in ChromaPure 2.0:

• Users can now click File, New Session to clear out all existing data and start a new calibration session. The active meter connection remains.
  • The Raw Data module now includes an option for data export to .csv file.
  • Gamma module now includes RGB data.
  • The Color Management module now includes support for 3 color spaces: HSL, RGB, and xyY.
  • The Grayscale and Color Gamut modules now allow user to select any reading at any time. Auto-advance is maintained.
  • The Reports module brings back support for Excel-based reports. Integrated reports are maintained.
Bug fixes in ChromaPure 2.0:

• There was a bug that resulted in unpredictable results and instability with the French character set. This has been fixed.
  • There was a bug with the X-Rite Hubble in which it would read only fL. It now reports luminance in fL and cd/m2 correctly.
  • Because of the placement of the OK and Cancel buttons on the Options window, they would not appear when using some some video cards. This has been fixed.
Upgrading to ChromaPure 2.0:

• Current ChromaPure users who purchased on or after June 1, 2010 are entitled to a free upgrade to Version 2.0. Email us at chromapure@curtpalme.com for your free upgrade instructions!
  • All other users may upgrade from any earlier version to ChromaPure Standard 2.0 for a special CurtPalme.com discounted price of $55.95. See our ChromaPure order page.
  • Any existing ChromaPure user who has upgraded to 2.0 may also upgrade their license to the new Professional version now for $100. This is a one-time-only discounted offer and is good only through September 30, 2010 for existing customers. After that, all upgrades from Standard to Professional version will be $800. Thinking of adding one extra meter? Upgrade now for about the same price and automatically add all meters! See our ChromaPure order page.

Last edited by kal on Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:40 pm; edited 4 times in total
Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too good a deal not to get the pro version!!!! I did the same for CalMan before it went way way up!

I need anew tri stimulus probe anyhow so the C5 and Chromapure is perfect for me.

Keep getting these great deals Kal!!!

Athanasios

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

Marquee High Performance Bellows now shipping!!
Marquee Modifications and Performance Enhancement
Marquee C-element and Bellow removal
View user's photo album (1 photos)
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nashou66 wrote:
Too good a deal not to get the pro version!!!!

Thanks for your order Athanasios!

Yes, it's really a no brainer even if you don't care about the pro features:

Normally it costs about $100 to add a meter to ChromaPure.
Now for the same price (until end of September) existing customers can upgrade to ChromaPure PRO which gives you access to *ALL* the meters. So anyone looking at ever adding a different or better meter some time in the future can automatically open up the door today and leave their options open. We sell bare meters too (no software) so it's easy to do.

You'll also get the Duo and Radiance auto-calibration when it comes out in the fall. Own a Duo or Radiance video processor? Just click a button in ChromaPure and have it automatically calibrate your TV. It's really that simple.

Kal

kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChromaPure v2.1 now shipping!

ChromaPure 2.1 is now shipping! Upgrades for 2.0 users is free, email us for details at chromapure@curtpalme.com. 1.x users can upgrade at our CurtPalme.com discounted price of $55.95. ORDER NOW »

This is a significant upgrade, in many ways even more profound an upgrade than 2.0!

For complete details as well as new videos, see our ChromaPure order page.

Kal

Last edited by kal on Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

April 6, 2011: Version 2.1.1 of ChromaPure released

Version 2.1.1 is now available for download. This is a maintenance release to address some issues discovered in 2.1.

2.1.1 Release Notes:

•When using 75% Rec. 709 in the Color Management module, the application used 100% saturation as a target for green. This has been corrected.
•When importing data saved from a 5% grayscale session, the luminance at 85% was incorrect. This has been corrected.
•When importing a session that used meter corrections (either application-level corrections or PRO meter corrections), the user could not take new measurements. This has been fixed.
•When importing a session that used meter corrections (either application-level corrections or PRO meter corrections), the data did not reflect the corrected readings. This has been fixed.
•Test patterns for the Lumagen Radiance are now forced into the Adjustable mode.

To download see our order page here: http://www.curtpalme.com/ChromaPure.shtm

Kal

kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChromaPure 2.2.3 Release Notes

This release includes the following new features:

• Support for the new X-Rite i1 Display Pro III (Display 3) colorimeter.
• ChromaPure's AccuPel video test pattern generator support now includes all SD and HD European formats.
• We improved the performance for the DVDO Duo when using auto-calibrate.
• We have enhanced support for the JETI 1211 spectroradiometer.

To download see our ChromaPure order page: http://www.curtpalme.com/ChromaPure.shtm

Kal

kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Version 2.2.4 of ChromaPure has been released and includes the following:

- Support for the Photo Research PR-650 in ChromaPure Professional.
- During routine testing we found a bug that could reduce the accuracy of measurements of PRO meters. This has been fixed. Anyone using a PRO meter (Display 3 PRO, Display 2/LT PRO, Chroma 5 PRO, DTP-94 PRO) should upgrade.

To download see: http://www.curtpalme.com/ChromaPure.shtm

Kal

kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Version 2.2.5 is now available for download.

ChromaPure 2.2.5 Release Notes:

The resolution of problems with the PRO corrections in the previous release revealed another problem that was previously masked by the error 2.2.4 fixed. We had intentionally reduced the speed of the Display 3 readings below 10 cd/m2 to improve repeatability. However, doing do disabled the PRO corrections for those readings (continuous measurements, single measurements above 10 cd/m2, and all measurements with meters other than the Display 3 were unaffected). This problem has been fixed.

Kal

kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Version 2.2.7 is now available for download.

ChromaPure 2.2.7 Release Notes:

New Features:
  • PRO meters now include corrections for LG LED and LCD displays.
  • In consultation with X-Rite, we made an adjustment to our i1 Display Pro III support that provides significantly better repeatability at low light levels.
  • The Color Management module now includes a CIE chart.
  • The Advanced Color Management module now includes support for the Lumagen Radiance as a signal generator.
  • When initializing the JETI 1211 spectroradiometer, the application now automatically measures and sets the cycle rate of the target display.
Bug Fixes:
  • The AccuPel signal generator would lose default settings after working in the Advanced Color Management module. This has been fixed.
  • Connection to the selected meter would be lost when cancelling out of the Options module. This has been fixed.
  • If the user neglected to initialize a meter before selecting auto-advance, the system would become unstable when taking grayscale readings.
  • The system allowed users to select a null value from the signal generator drop-down. This has been fixed.

Kal

kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Version 2.2.8 is now available for download.

ChromaPure 2.2.8 Release Notes:

There is only one change in this build. After additional testing and customer comments, we have further refined support for the i1 Display Pro III (Display 3) colorimeter. This version offers a better compromise between speed and low-light repeatability. There are two things to keep in mind about this version.

• Single readings below 1 cd/m2 outside of auto-cal will be very slow. This is normal. All other readings should be as fast or faster than in 2.2.7
  • Do not use measurement smoothing with the Display 3 colorimeter. It will only slow readings down without improving repeatability. It still may be useful with other color analyzers.

Kal

Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm Weird, my version is 2.3.00xxx. But Tom sent me mine when I ordered the new display3. I wonder what I should do?

Athanasios

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the Democrats believe every day is April 15." --- President Reagan

One Smart Dog!!!

kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nashou66 wrote:
Hmm Weird, my version is 2.3.00xxx. But Tom sent me mine when I ordered the new display3. I wonder what I should do?

Strange. Email Tom at chromapure@curtpalme.com if you like to figure out what's up.

EDIT: If I remember correctly you have a ChromaPure professional licence. I think the numbering may be different.

Kal

Nashou66

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kal wrote:
Nashou66 wrote:

Strange. Email Tom at chromapure@curtpalme.com if you like to figure out what's up.

EDIT: If I remember correctly you have a ChromaPure professional licence. I think the numbering may be different.

Kal

Yeah I have the pro version, that might be the reason.

Athanasios

One Smart Dog!!!

TomHuffman

PostLink    Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kal wrote:
Nashou66 wrote:

Kal
Install the new version. This was just a mistake with our version numbering.
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOVEMBER 1, 2011: New lower price on Display 3 meter packages

Effective immediately, we've just dropped the prices on our Display 3 / ChromaPure meter packages! This brings the Display 3 + ChromaPure Standard package to the low price of $419 USD.

The new groundbreaking Display 3 meter performs three times faster and is able to read lower light levels than our previously recommended general purpose meter, the Chroma 5. Better features, better performance, and at a substantially lower cost - now even lower still!

The new X-Rite Display 3 offers near professional performance at a price affordable to any enthusiast and home user. In fact, its performance is so close to professional colorimeters, such as the Klein K-10 or X-Rite’s own Hubble, than it has become extremely difficult to justify purchasing such devices that come in at 10-20 times the cost.

For complete details on the performance of the new Display 3 including videos, see our Display 3 order page here: http://www.curtpalme.com/ChromaPure_EyeOneDisplay3.shtm

Kal

kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interested in putting the ChromaPure auto-calibrate to the test?

Auto-calibrate allows anyone with little or no training in video technology to calibrate their display in just 5-10 minutes.

We've just dropped the price on our already discounted Radiance video processor by another $200, now only $1395! That's $600 off the regular price. Free US/Canada shipping and equivalently discounted international shipping. Sale ends Dec 31, 2011!

To order see: http://www.curtpalme.com/Radiance.shtm

Kal

kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New discounted package: Display 3 PRO + ChromaPure Standard + Auto-Calibrate
December 1, 2011

Comprehensive video calibration has been made easier with this new, lower-priced package. Simply add a RadianceMini3D (currently on sale) for a complete low-cost auto-calibration solution!

ChromaPure Auto-Calibrate allows anyone with little or no training in video technology to fully calibrate their display with almost no user input. Just setup a few simple options, click Auto-Calibrate, and then just go have a cup of coffee while the process completes. In less than 10 minutes your display will be full calibrated to professional standards. The package of tools does all the work for you!

ChromaPure Auto-Calibrate works in conjunction with a DVDO Duo or Lumagen Radiance external video processor. The processor acts as both a test pattern signal generator and calibration device. The ChromaPure Auto-Calibrate software controls the processor and the Display 3 PRO color analyzer to get the most out of your display. It will even generate a before and after calibration report for you.

For complete details on this package, see our ChromaPure order page.

Watch the Auto-Calibrate demo video.

Confused about meters? See our FAQ: Which meter is right for me?
Questions? Email us at: chromapure@curtpalme.com

Kal

kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:23 pm    Post subject: ChromaPure & Radiance winners in the Best of 2011 awards Reply with quote

ChromaPure and Radiance are winners in the Best of 2011 awards!
December 5, 2011

Secrets of Home Theater & High Fidelity recently announced their Best of 2011 awards, and a big congratulations goes out to:

• Tom Huffman and his team for winning in the 'Best Calibration Software' category with ChromaPure 2! Two years in a row!
  • Jim Peterson and his time for winning in the new category 'Best Video Processor' with the new Radiance Mini 3D!
We've always thought the two make a killer combination and the editors at Secrets seem to agree:

"Initially, we were very impressed with ChromaPure and are happy to say that with the latest version that still holds true. The interface is still very clean and straightforward, making it easy to get started for anyone. The additional features offered in the new version have added more power and customization than was previously available, yet without added complexity.

Overall, ChromaPure is still my choice for calibration software and what I plan to continue to use. When combined with the Lumagen Radiance, the results that I was able to achieve were even better. I had thought that an external CMS was somewhat outdated now that most displays and projectors included some sort of CMS, but I was certainly wrong in that regard. With the Radiance I was able to achieve results far beyond what I could do with the display controls, and a far better image as a result of it.

Given all of the issues that we have found recently with Blu-ray players, receivers, and processors with how they handle colorspace information, adding an external CMS can resolve all of these issues, and give you a far better image to boot. It’s a piece of gear that I didn’t want to return, and that I hope to pick up for good in the future."

- Chris Heinonen of HomeTheaterHiFi.com

Links:

Secrets of Home Theater and High Fidelity best of 2011 awards
ChromaPure software and meters at CurtPalme.com discounted prices
Lumagen RadianceMini3D video processor - currently on sale until Dec 31

Kal

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> ChromaPure Products All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6
Jump to: