Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

FAQ: TC1500 RGB to Component Converter
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Crescendo-Systems Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TX_VTX

PostLink    Posted: Fri May 02, 2008 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Do a cost analysis and see if the price is still accurate. Cant give em away for free..
beun

PostLink    Posted: Wed May 14, 2008 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another quick updated, the test boards shipped and the parts are ordered. I will definately be soldering this weekend.

PostLink    Posted: Wed May 14, 2008 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mucho wootage... cant wait.
beun

PostLink    Posted: Tue May 20, 2008 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good news so far. The preliminary indications are it works. I am currently looking at it on the scope and I can shift the H-sync sync all through the picture. I will have to put it on a big screen to see if I see any jitter. I made an error on a footprint of an IC and it is very hard to solder a kludge, but for a few samples it is doable.

One more thing, the current dongle type form-factor is very hard to put together. Would anyone have a problem with a RTC2200 form factor? This would make life a lot easier.

Kim

PostLink    Posted: Tue May 20, 2008 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news indeed..

Personally I am looking for function not style Smile.. this isnt going in my trophy case. As long as it works and lasts it can be anything you want.

my .02

now if you can put flames on the case I bet it will do my laundry too.
jpoet

PostLink    Posted: Tue May 27, 2008 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beun wrote:

One more thing, the current dongle type form-factor is very hard to put together. Would anyone have a problem with a RTC2200 form factor? This would make life a lot easier.
Kim

Fine with me. Definitely a case of function over form.

John
rshanahan

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. Doesn't matter what it looks like or how big it is (within reason, LOL!). It'll be behind everything!

Can't wait to try mine out!

Rick
TX_VTX

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just finished testing Kims latest beta version.

It works great.

There are 5 pots on the board that allowed me to make any adjustments I needed, however in the end I only needed to adjust 2

When I received the unit I sisnt see the bands on the movies I initially viewd, but when I popped in Hellboy on Blue ray the first scenes are with lightning in side the clouds and immediately saw banding. I paused it there and Kim recommended adjusting the H-Fine and H-Coarse and the H-Width (which I think I do need to do still now that I think about what I saw while adjusting the H-Fine positions). I found I needed to adjust the H-Coarse just a tad and then fine tune it with H-Fine. After that sit back and enjoy.

We now have a solution for HDMI and Pioneer PRO-720HD thus getting 1080I with PS3 and Blueray. Tell all your friends.

Thanks Kim!

Now I need to find a good HDMI switch that will auto detect Smile.
andygiddings

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kim,

great news from TX VTX. Will you be sending out the new version to all who received the previous unit and do you want us to return that unit?

Andy
beun

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to change the form factor to make this really produceable. It will now will be using the RTC2200 case. I already did the board design but was holding off on ordering till I got user feedback. I also did the case design and will order those soon as well.

Kim

Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMHO you should use whatever form factor works Kim. I was never sure why you were trying to stuff all those parts into one small box, but I figured you had a good reason... I guess not! Wink

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
beun

PostLink    Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will post this in both the TC1500 and the TC1600 thread.

There are now two RGB to component transcoders available: the TC1500 and the TC1600. The full details can be found on this website but in short these are the highlights

TC1500

1) Very small form-factor
2) Automatic SD or HD color selection
3) No gamma
4) No left shift

TC1600

1) RTC2200 form factor
2) Automatic SD or HD color selection
3) Adjustable gamma
4) Left shift of the picture

Unless indicated otherwise everyone that ordered a TC2000 or TC1500 before yesterday will automatically receive a TC1600 as soon as they are available. If anyone is not interested in the gamma or left shift just drop me a PM and I will ship a TC1500 instead.

The current status is as follows: The production boards and cases have been ordered and I expect the cases to arrive in about three weeks, the first TC1600's will ship soon thereafter. I can assemble not more than about 2 per day so please be patient.

Kim

Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys,

The TC1500 is on sale. Only until the end of December!

Full details: http://www.curtpalme.com/TC1500.shtm

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
transcender

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I've been tinkering around with my panasonic hdtv PT-47WX52C for a while now and am starting to get a bit annoyed with the whole setup x) Hope someone can shed some light.

I bought the TC15000 unit a couple weeks ago and finally got some time to test it out. Well I'm running into a couple issues. First off, it seems to be working on reboot, i can see the laptop/pc boot screens but as soon as either machine goes into windows, the screen goes dark... any ideas? Driver issues?

I also have the 1080p hd fury unit, my tv is only 1080i. do all of the various cable conversions/dongles have any effect on finally signal quality output?

Thank you for any info you can throw my way.

Cheers,

-m
beun

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good,

This actually means that it is working. The boot screen is 640x480 and is being recognized as 480p by your TV. So when you are in windows and hooked up to a monitor that works you now need to use your video cards control panel to setup either 1080i or when that has issues you can try 540p, your TV will not know the difference.

If the control panel of your video card does not have those options you can install PowerStrip fron Entech-Taiwan, this tool (free as trial and indefinately when you don't mind the nag screen) lets to set every resolution imaginable that your video card can handle.

Kim

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah finaly got it going Smile

I used the following wires from PC to Tv:

Vid card --> DVI cable --> 1080p HD Fury --> VGA female to female converter --> VGA cable --> TC1500 -->> RBG HD component cable --> TV

I'm running this on 47 inch tv screen at 1920x1080, 32 bit, 30 Hz rate.

Everything looks great Smile Do i get an A+? Razz or is there room for improvement ? Smile

Thanks for your help and cheers,

-m
beun

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is actually room for improvement if needed. If you don't already do it yet on your PC, the TC1500 has gamma control as an undocumented feature. Just open the case and you will see a small potmeter on the bottom of the board.

Kim

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will take a look at it, tho i'm quite satisfied with the colors and overall display. Thanks again for your much appreciated help Smile

-m
kid4life

PostLink    Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Trying to setup my HTPC to connect to my old TV with only component inputs.

Here is what I am trying to do:
VGA out from PC --> TC1500 --> connect to Toshiba 50H81 via component cable. does this sound feasible?

I am thinking I need powerstrip to convert to 540p?
beun

PostLink    Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, this is feasible and powerstrip should do 540p nicely.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Crescendo-Systems Products All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7
Jump to: