Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

3D-Displayer Firmware Update v1.3
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> 3D Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SgtVideo

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
raytoms wrote:
1. The installation sequence is:PS3, Displayer, AVR (I presume you mean my A/V Receiver). If teh Dispayer is after the AVR, the PS3 can't see it.

2. There soes not seem to be any choice of ourput. If the PS3 sees the 3D device, the menus change to reflect that, but you can't choose to ignore it.

3. Any thoughts on the Phase setting?

I can only think of a couple of things to experiment with for now.

In your working 3D installation (PS3>Displayer>AVR>Video Display); have you tried powering off and removing the Displayer and putting it after the AVR, restart? Does that create a new problem? Was hoping that the PS3 once detecting the Displayer it would use those setttings after the AVR.

Another configuration to try:

PS3>Displayer>Video Display

If you have optical/digital coax run that audio connection from PS3 to AVR and not use HDMI audio for the moment.

1. Does the 3D phase normalize? If so, some video setting in AVR may be inverting...just a guess. Also, allow time
for glasses to sync, several secs while adjusting, it is not an immediate transition when changing phase in duty cyle.

2. Does the 2D signal now display when using the 2D content?

If the above doesn't help, try visting this thread on the AVS Forum, there are more fluent PS3 owners that might have some good recommendations as well. Make sure you let them know which version PS3 you are using.
AVR make and model.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1323631

Also send a detailed email of your configuration attempts and their results to: support@3D-VIP.com
raytoms

TV/Projector: JVC 950 D-ILA projector

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:13 am    Post subject: 3D displayer - 2D/3D issue and phase Reply with quote

In your working 3D installation (PS3>Displayer>AVR>Video Display); have you tried powering off and removing the Displayer and putting it after the AVR, restart? Does that create a new problem? Was hoping that the PS3 once detecting the Displayer it would use those setttings after the AVR.

If I connect PS3-AVR-DISP-PROJ the system starts OK, but loses output as soon as I put in even a 3D BD.

Without resetting anything, I then connected the PROJ to the output of the PS3 and there was no output. The PS3 that is locking up in 3D mode and 2D if the DISP cannot sync.

Another configuration to try: PS3>Displayer>Video Display

Tried this setup:
- 3D was OK
- 2D no output

Then there was a breakthrough - but is there a solution?

The 2D I was using, was a standard DVD, so I thought to try a 2D BD (i.e. 1080 output)

The 2D BD works fine!

Put the 2D DVD back in and everything blanked out again.

I wondered if the settings in the PS3 for DVD could fix this. I tried:
- SET CONTROL FOR HDMI On/Off - didn't work
- SET UPSCALER FOR DVD to various settings - didn't work

If you have optical/digital coax run that audio connection from PS3 to AVR and not use HDMI audio for the moment.

Have not tried this yet. Not sure if the amp or PS3 can be set to use a combination of HDMI and Optical.

1. Does the 3D phase normalize? If so, some video setting in AVR may be inverting...just a guess. Also, allow time
for glasses to sync, several secs while adjusting, it is not an immediate transition when changing phase in duty cycle.

Watched material for several minutes, but the glasses still needed to be inverted to get proper 3D.

2. Does the 2D signal now display when using the 2D content?

Not relevant as the PS3 has totally locked up with no output and the DISP is still trying to sync after several minutes

Yeek

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:53 am    Post subject: Unable to update firmware... Reply with quote

I tried to update my Displayer firmware. I attempted on 2 different PCs. After installing the VIP Driver into my PC, I went ahead to click on VIP_Displayer_unreleased_BETA_V13_.exe. Out came an error:

"Firmware is not compatible - Incorrect Product Update!"

I swear my VIP box says "VIP Displayer tm" on its black metal cover.

When I moved the box to try installation on my 2nd PC, the moment I plugged my VIP box into the USB, it was detected as "VIP Theatre" when windows auto detected the USB device......hmmmm.....is my VIP actually a VIP Theatre? Incorrect label on my VIP box? Is there anyway to confirm what my VIP box really is?

I too have an issue where 2D Blurays or Hybrid 2D/3D Blurays (with both 2d and 3d content on 1 BD) does not get passed thru.....my projector just go blank.

I've tried all these configs:

1. Oppo 95 3D BD Player -> 3D VIP Displayer -> Onkyo TX805 AVR -> AE4000 Projector (allows 3d signal only)
2. Oppo 95 3D BD Player -> Onkyo TX805 AVR -> 3D VIP Displayer -> AE4000 Projector (completely no signal whatever the BD if I remember correctly)
3. Oppo 95 3D BD Player -> 3D VIP Displayer -> AE4000 Projector (allows 3d signal only)
SgtVideo

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:34 am    Post subject: Re: Unable to update firmware... Reply with quote

Yeek wrote:
I tried to update my Displayer firmware. I attempted on 2 different PCs. After installing the VIP Driver into my PC, I went ahead to click on VIP_Displayer_unreleased_BETA_V13_.exe. Out came an error:

"Firmware is not compatible - Incorrect Product Update!"

I swear my VIP box says "VIP Displayer tm" on its black metal cover.

When I moved the box to try installation on my 2nd PC, the moment I plugged my VIP box into the USB, it was detected as "VIP Theatre" when windows auto detected the USB device......hmmmm.....is my VIP actually a VIP Theatre? Incorrect label on my VIP box? Is there anyway to confirm what my VIP box really is?

I too have an issue where 2D Blurays or Hybrid 2D/3D Blurays (with both 2d and 3d content on 1 BD) does not get passed thru.....my projector just go blank.

I've tried all these configs:

1. Oppo 95 3D BD Player -> 3D VIP Displayer -> Onkyo TX805 AVR -> AE4000 Projector (allows 3d signal only)
2. Oppo 95 3D BD Player -> Onkyo TX805 AVR -> 3D VIP Displayer -> AE4000 Projector (completely no signal whatever the BD if I remember correctly)
3. Oppo 95 3D BD Player -> 3D VIP Displayer -> AE4000 Projector (allows 3d signal only)

That is troubling Yeek. Someone I guess could have installed the wrong cover during production just like the charge resistor in the glasses issue we've discussed around the forums.

I personally don't have a hybrid disk to try on my setup with an AE4000.

If you don't mind please go ahead and email support@3D-VIP.com. After all, Rolls Royce replaced his Theater
with a new one and got rid of his banding problem.

In your email cut & paste our discussions to save time retyping all this stuff. It sounds like you made a good
faith effort to get things going.

Also, when you tried #3 above, how was the image?
Yeek

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks SgtVideo. I will probably write to them.

The image for:

Oppo 95 3D BD Player -> 3D VIP Displayer -> AE4000 Projector (allows 3d signal only)

is the same as what I got for the other config.....no improvement.....
SgtVideo

PostLink    Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeek wrote:
Thanks SgtVideo. I will probably write to them.

The image for:

Oppo 95 3D BD Player -> 3D VIP Displayer -> AE4000 Projector (allows 3d signal only)

is the same as what I got for the other config.....no improvement.....

Then it looks the only thing that differs in our setup with that above config would be any video related settings
in the projector or the Oppo. I think I mentioned something in AVS for the projector settings for you to look at, I have a Sony 3D Bd player but I did have to change a setting in the audio menu of the Sony to get multichannel working.

If nothing else gets things satisfactory then with the weird msgs. you get trying to update firmware, then we need
to get Jonathan on it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> 3D Products All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: