Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Can't play Crysis 2 on Xbox in 3D?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> 3D Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Black Banshee

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:32 pm    Post subject: Can't play Crysis 2 on Xbox in 3D? Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hey folks, just got my VIP Theater last night and have an issue playing Crysis 2 on Xbox-360.

My connection setup: Xbox 360 -> Sony STR-SA5400es receiver -> 3D VIP Theater -> 25 foot HDMI 1.3 cable -> Sony VPL-VW60 projector (60 hz)

When I first hooked everything up I noticed that my Xbox output automatically switched to 720p. Then I started Crysis 2 and tried to changed the output mode in the menus to 3D (which is side-by-side). The problem is I get a message in the game which states the Xbox video output MUST be set to 1080p for the 3D to work. So I went back to the Xbox settings and set the output to 1080p and now NOTHING comes out of the VIP theater (I have pressed the button on the unit multiple time and disconnected/reconnected the power, no luck. I also tried it with a direct connection between the VIP theater and the Xbox (receiver removed). Still no picture.

I went back to the CurtPalme sales site and it appears that the VIP theater will not accept a 1080p signal at 60 hertz (and I think that's what the Xbox 360 outputs).

So does this mean I can't play Crysis 2 on the Xbox 360 in 3D??? Sad

thanks Sad
SgtVideo

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Can't play Crysis 2 on Xbox in 3D? Reply with quote

Black Banshee wrote:
Hey folks, just got my VIP Theater last night and have an issue playing Crysis 2 on Xbox-360.

My connection setup: Xbox 360 -> Sony STR-SA5400es receiver -> 3D VIP Theater -> 25 foot HDMI 1.3 cable -> Sony VPL-VW60 projector (60 hz)

When I first hooked everything up I noticed that my Xbox output automatically switched to 720p. Then I started Crysis 2 and tried to changed the output mode in the menus to 3D (which is side-by-side). The problem is I get a message in the game which states the Xbox video output MUST be set to 1080p for the 3D to work. So I went back to the Xbox settings and set the output to 1080p and now NOTHING comes out of the VIP theater (I have pressed the button on the unit multiple time and disconnected/reconnected the power, no luck. I also tried it with a direct connection between the VIP theater and the Xbox (receiver removed). Still no picture.

I went back to the CurtPalme sales site and it appears that the VIP theater will not accept a 1080p signal at 60 hertz (and I think that's what the Xbox 360 outputs).

So does this mean I can't play Crysis 2 on the Xbox 360 in 3D??? Sad

thanks Sad

I don't have an Xbox or PS3 but the PS3 users seem to initially encounter a similiar issue and it
seems to happen during the "detection" process of the PS3.

For now just config this way for testing:

Xbox>VIP>Sony Leave out the AVR for now.

Does your Xbox require any kind of firmware upgrade to enable 3D?

Now check your Xbox manual and go through a new detection process or whatever they call it for a new installation and see if this clears up.

Here's what I gave to a PS3 owner in an earlier thread and he got his working.
See if you can glean anything from that.

Also, if you have short HDMI cables available, connect as illustrated above and use this guys
instruction:

"Works every time for me! PS3 needs the latest firmware to output Bluray 3D. Then you have to run the auto config. Don't do it manually. You know you did it right when it says you have a 3D display and to set the screen size which is for 3D game playing. Set your audio up the way you want it too output. You should not have to use the mode button and especially not if you have Directv. Everything is auto switched. I am running my PS3 through a DVDO Duo and it works great."

Thank you now every thing work movies and games i changed HDMI output to automatic but i switch BD 1080 24 HZ to automatic not to off as they mentioned in the manual and every thing work good with me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> 3D Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: