Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

help VIP Theater with PS3 ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> 3D Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tsamy

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:23 am    Post subject: help VIP Theater with PS3 ? Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I am trying to make My VIP theater set to work with my PS3,it is working for 2d contents but when i change to 3d contents no picture black screen,even i follow all instructions like change HDMI output to automatic and change BD 1080 24 HZ TO OFF ,any thing else i have to do it in my ps3 to make it play 3d movies or 3d games, i was able to play side by side 3d movies from my ps3 on my lcd screen when the vip set wasn't connected, but when connect and press p1 button no screen at all, i am using firmware 3.55 which know to play 3d contents, my vip theatre working well with my dreambox HD receiver.
SgtVideo

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:48 am    Post subject: Re: help VIP Theater with PS3 ? Reply with quote

tsamy wrote:
I am trying to make My VIP theater set to work with my PS3,it is working for 2d contents but when i change to 3d contents no picture black screen,even i follow all instructions like change HDMI output to automatic and change BD 1080 24 HZ TO OFF ,any thing else i have to do it in my ps3 to make it play 3d movies or 3d games, i was able to play side by side 3d movies from my ps3 on my lcd screen when the vip set wasn't connected, but when connect and press p1 button no screen at all, i am using firmware 3.55 which know to play 3d contents, my vip theatre working well with my dreambox HD receiver.

I'd like to know your installation configuration.

Are you connected like this? PS3>VIP>Display Device

Or, are you going through a AVR or HDMI switcher first? What kind of display?

Either way, outline your connection schematic with the right arrows like I did above.

Also, if you have short HDMI cables available, connect as illustrated above and use this guys
instruction:

"Works every time for me! PS3 needs the latest firmware to output Bluray 3D. Then you have to run the auto config. Don't do it manually. You know you did it right when it says you have a 3D display and to set the screen size which is for 3D game playing. Set your audio up the way you want it too output. You should not have to use the mode button and especially not if you have Directv. Everything is auto switched. I am running my PS3 through a DVDO Duo and it works great."

Avoid firmware 3.65 for now and try either 3.61 or 3.66, but do the aforementioned first before changing firmware.
tsamy

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: help VIP Theater with PS3 ? Reply with quote

SgtVideo wrote:
tsamy wrote:

I'd like to know your installation configuration.

Are you connected like this? PS3>VIP>Display Device

Or, are you going through a AVR or HDMI switcher first? What kind of display?

Either way, outline your connection schematic with the right arrows like I did above.

Also, if you have short HDMI cables available, connect as illustrated above and use this guys
instruction:

"Works every time for me! PS3 needs the latest firmware to output Bluray 3D. Then you have to run the auto config. Don't do it manually. You know you did it right when it says you have a 3D display and to set the screen size which is for 3D game playing. Set your audio up the way you want it too output. You should not have to use the mode button and especially not if you have Directv. Everything is auto switched. I am running my PS3 through a DVDO Duo and it works great."

Avoid firmware 3.65 for now and try either 3.61 or 3.66, but do the aforementioned first before changing firmware.

Thank you i could make it work only for movies as follow:
i connect PS3> VIP> display Device
but i changed HDMI not to automatic but to custom and i removed click on 1080p and it works with all AVCHD movies on my external HDD connected to PS3,but rthe problem now for games when i start 3d games like stardust hd it start but the 3d led light in the vip is off, and when i press p1 button the screen become blurred.
tsamy

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you now every thing work movies and games i changed HDMI output to automatic but i switch BD 1080 24 HZ to automatic not to off as they mentioned in the manual and every thing work good with me.
SgtVideo

PostLink    Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tsamy wrote:
Thank you now every thing work movies and games i changed HDMI output to automatic but i switch BD 1080 24 HZ to automatic not to off as they mentioned in the manual and every thing work good with me.

Good to hear...enjoy!
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> 3D Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: