Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

3D-Theatre Firmware Update v1.3

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> 3D Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SgtVideo

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:33 pm    Post subject: 3D-Theatre Firmware Update v1.3 Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!

Our 3D-Theatre order page is here: http://www.curtpalme.com/3DTheatre.shtm

3D-Theatre Firmware Update
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am happy to report successful testing of firmware version 1.3.

I also recommend you copy & paste to print the instructions from this thread to perform the upgrade.

A couple problems I encountered and they were on MY end, was a setting in the Sony BD player was preventing 5.1 to the AVR. In my case I discovered in the audio setting "BD audio Mix setting ON", don't know why that was enabled but after setting it to OFF all was fine. So if you run across a multichannel problem...check those settings!

Also, as mentioned in Jonathan's instructions below, you may notice facial discolorations, adjust Duty Cycle settings to clean those up. I initially had 1.5 bars and increase to 2.5 bars and got normal facial color on the Samsung DLP.

Another interesting thing is my display is reporting that I'm receiving 1080p/24/3D. In my Tron 3D the preview scenes like from Pirates of the Carribbean show up 720/60 but the main movie changes to 1080P/24. Let us know if you get the same results.

INSTRUCTIONS:

From Jonathan,

Gents,

One of you was successfully able to upgrade the firmware on the Displayer and get 5.1 Audio support. You may notice a discolouration in the image after having re-booted the system. This only means that you will need to adjust the duty cycle on the RF glasses to the new settings. You might have to increase the bar from 1 – 1.5 to 2.5 or so! I have included this in the instructions below.

HENCE, THE ABOVE IS GOOD TO GO! DO PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT THE INSTRUCTIONS CONTAINED BELOW ARE FORWARDED ALONG, WHEN YOU DO DISTRIBUTE IT AROUND.

Thanks for your cooperation and all the best.

I am providing you with the following zip files:

1- 3DDisplayer_upgrade_VER13_BETA

2- 3DTheatre_upgrade_VER13_BETA

3- VIP DRIVER

Please note that the Displayer upgrade is for 3D-Displayer and Theatre is for 3D-Theatre. The same Driver (3rd attachment) will function for both upgrades.

Do please remove any/all previous VIP firmware upgrade files from your computer to avoid confusion. THIS IS A BETA VERSION and your support in confirming its proper functionality is appreciated before making it public.

CAUTION:

1- Do not unplug the converter while you are in the process of upgrading your firmware.

2- Do not install Displayer firmware on 3D-Theatre or vice versa. The results may corrupt the whole firmware.

In order to install the new firmware to upgrade your converter to support 5.1 AUDIO format, please follow the said steps:

1- Extract VIP DRIVER and save contents to a VIP DRIVER FOLDER on your computer

2- Extract 3D Theatre or 3D Displayer and save contents to a 3D THEATRE or 3D DISPLAYER FOLDER on your computer

3- Install VIP DRIVER file by executing USBXpressInstaler

4- Connect your converter box to the computer via a USB cable

5- Make sure the POWER light goes on

6- Go to 3D THEATRE or 3D DISPLAYER folder and execute the VIP_Theatre_unreleased _V13_BETA_.exe or VIP_Displayer_unreleased_V13_BETA_.exe

7- You will then be asked to confirm update. Hit OK

8- Update shall commence and at the end you will receive a message that the update was successfully loaded.

9- Your new version should be 1.3

You are now ready to remove the converter and plug it to your setup to test 5.1 AUDIO support.

Do please make sure you turn your player off and restart the whole system.

Do please go to your player audio menu and reset it to HDMI – AUTOMATIC and you should see the following:

AUDIO OUTPUT FORMATS:

1- Dolby Digital 5.1 ch

2- DTS 5.1 ch

3- AAC

4- Stereo 2 ch 44.1 KHz

5- Stereo 2 ch 88.2 KHz

6- Stereo 2 ch 176.4 KHz

7- Sterio 2 ch 48 KHz

You may notice a discolouration in the image. If you do, please readjust the duty cycle on your glasses to get the correct colouration. As a hint, if you were running it around 1 – 1.5 bars, you may have to now increase it to 2.5 bars.

If you are successful (as we have been) in upgrading and testing with the said results, you may post it for others to access and upgrade. Do please make sure that the entire email with instructions and cautions is listed to avoid undesired outcomes. Any questions, please email me.

All the best and cheers!

3DTheatre_upgrade_VER13_BETA1.zip
 Description:
You will also need the VIP Driver file in the follow-up thread.

Download
 Filename:  3DTheatre_upgrade_VER13_BETA1.zip
 Filesize:  654.19 KB
 Downloaded:  1014 Time(s)

SgtVideo

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:35 pm    Post subject: VIP Firmware Update Driver Reply with quote

Here is the driver file to perform the firmware update.

VIP Driver1.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  VIP Driver1.zip
 Filesize:  322.58 KB
 Downloaded:  968 Time(s)

Earthbrain

PostLink    Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I order the VIP Theatre today (6-23-11), will the device have the new firmware so that I don't have to upgrade it myself?
SgtVideo

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Earthbrain wrote:
If I order the VIP Theatre today (6-23-11), will the device have the new firmware so that I don't have to upgrade it myself?

I am not sure when CurtPalme had their stock replenished.

Try a private msg. to KAL and see if he can make a determination.

Perhaps they could do that for you as a courtesy if you are uncomfortable performing the update.

I just don't know of their time constraints to be able to do that for each customer.
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've sent a note to our shipper to confirm. I believe they're all the older firmware.

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
JohninCt.

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 3d tv with the Passive system which I like. Is there anyway you might put out a Passive system for the projectors?
G70 with Moome HDMI card, Pioneer VSX-92TXH, 6 Klipsch's, 4 subwoofers- 2-18" and 2-12", Pioneer center channel, Sony S570 w/wifi, Panasonic DMP-BD-65 w/wifi, Netflix, Samsung OTA H260F, Panasonic BDP 310 3d Blu-Ray w/wifi.

Last edited by JohninCt. on Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:41 am; edited 1 time in total
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John,

No, I'm afraid it isn't possible.

Kal

JohninCt.

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kal wrote:
Hi John,

No, I'm afraid it isn't possible.

Kal

Thanks, but could you give me a reason why? It seems that if a external unit was built with a side by side 3d picture and the delay built in for the one side, that it might work. But of course maybe I am simplifing it too much.

G70 with Moome HDMI card, Pioneer VSX-92TXH, 6 Klipsch's, 4 subwoofers- 2-18" and 2-12", Pioneer center channel, Sony S570 w/wifi, Panasonic DMP-BD-65 w/wifi, Netflix, Samsung OTA H260F, Panasonic BDP 310 3d Blu-Ray w/wifi.
kal
Forum Administrator

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I take that back, I suppose a polarizing rotator of some sort could be used but I don't think you'll see reasonably priced ones.

Google "passive 3D projector".

The typical way to do passive with projectors is to use two projectors. Same as with commercial theaters. For example: http://www.hometechtell.com/technologytell/article/cedia-2010-runco-unveils-passive-3d-projector-system-for-the-home/

Passive 3D TV screens on the other hand are fixed size have a filter with alternating horizontal and vertical stripes, separated by a black, picture-blanking bars. When used with glasses which have corresponding polarising lenses, alternate frames are presented to each eye to create a 3D image.

Kal

JohninCt.

PostLink    Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see now, not so easy. Thanks, John
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> 3D Products All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: