Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

XBOX 360 - E76 Error code (Network controller cant reset)...

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Source Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeremy112

PostLink    Posted: Wed May 04, 2011 4:52 pm    Post subject: XBOX 360 - E76 Error code (Network controller cant reset)... Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I know I know I know... the solution is to simply replace it with a new one... yeah been there done that... and yet here I am once again with another faulty microsoft product.

I cannot warranty it as it is well out of warranty...

The E76 error code from what I've read is an issue with the network controller not resetting when the console is powered on...

Now the damn thing was working perfect the night before this code... I am wondering if anyone knows of a fix for this?? This is the Halo 3 special edition console, I don't plan on using it again since I purchased a new Halo Reach 360 Slim console, but I do want to keep it for collection purposes, and I require my collectable electronics to ALL be working.. otherwise whats the point?? Razz

Any ideas are much appriciated, it has started collecting dust and that means its time to get it going again!

Mr. Green
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Wed May 04, 2011 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could well be the RRoD thing. RRoD failures don't always give the 3 red LEDs. Unless you can google some other repair, I'll bet the nut and bolt RRoD repair trick will solve it.
Jeremy112

PostLink    Posted: Wed May 04, 2011 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curt,

Fired the xbox up again today to see if it would work and it did, until I turned it off and back on. So you are most likely correct on your diagnosis. I do get one red LED on the ring in front, for the corresponding E76 error code.

I will probably do the mod, or if all else fails have the board reflowed by a friend.

Thanks for the confirmation! Very Happy

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:11 am    Post subject: HUH? Reply with quote

What is the trick and how do you do it? Thanks!
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Google 'RRoD Box 360' and you'll find dozens of pages...
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Source Devices All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: