Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

Deleting spammers

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Forum Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:21 pm    Post subject: Deleting spammers Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hey Kal,

Is there a way to delete a spammer and all their posts at the same time?

I've seen this on other forums and just wondered if this form software can do this?

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
Tom.W

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Deleting spammers Reply with quote

AnalogRocks wrote:
Hey Kal,

I've seen this on other forums and just wondered if this form software can do this?

Also make new members wait 10 hours before they can post anything Wink
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Deleting spammers Reply with quote

AnalogRocks wrote:
Hey Kal,

I looked into add-ons that would do both as I wanted to be able to do exactly that but I couldn't find any.
What I do is click on their name to go to their user info. On that page (as you know) there's a little "X" that lets you delete them. Before I do that I CTRL-click on the "Find all posts by <name>" link and then CTRL-click on an posts returned. This opens a bunch of new tabs and then I go through an "X" on all 2-3. More work but I didn't find any good plug-ins or mods to allow "delete user and all their posts" for phpbb 2.x. If anyone knows of any I'm all ears.

Tom.W wrote:
Also make new members wait 10 hours before they can post anything Wink

No, that would be really annoying for legit users. If someone registers, it's because 99% of the time they want to post something. I hate forums where they require admin approval or there's a grace period. IMHO it wrecks the user experience.

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
rule76

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Deleting spammers Reply with quote

Kal wrote:

No, that would be really annoying for legit users. If someone registers, it's because 99% of the time they want to post something. I hate forums where they require admin approval or there's a grace period. IMHO it wrecks the user experience.

Kal

Agreed, what's worse is I signed up as a member so I wouldn't have to post five times before I could pm. Guess what, still gotta post five times. There are other benefits to being a member and giving to this cause is worth it. Well I gotta go spam some other threads. Thank you Kal for all that you do, especially the informative newsletters. Oh and to see all the cuss words!
kal
Forum Administrator

TV/Projector: JVC DLA-NZ7

PostLink    Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Deleting spammers Reply with quote

rule76 wrote:
Agreed, what's worse is I signed up as a member so I wouldn't have to post five times before I could pm. Guess what, still gotta post five times.

Hi! Yes - sorry about that. Most people signing up as club members do so after they've been around for a while and have a few posts under the belt.

Quote:
There are other benefits to being a member and giving to this cause is worth it. Well I gotta go spam some other threads. Thank you Kal for all that you do, especially the informative newsletters. Oh and to see all the cuss words!

Thanks for sigining up and the kind words! We really do appreciate it! (As I emailed you just a few minutes ago as well)... Wink

Kal

Support our site by using our affiliate links. We thank you!
My basement/HT/bar/brewery build 2.0
View user's photo album (18 photos)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Forum Feedback All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: