Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

FYI: ecrabb (SC) is now a moderator
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
perisoft

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I think I pissed you off a couple of times, SC, but I certainly have no qualms about you moderating. Anyone who can make a crab anigif look that cool is fine in my book.

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for helping us out ecrabb!
Clarence

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ecrabb wrote:
Clarence wrote:
Kal, you know I'm opposed to this. IMHO, Steve is a **** *** ******* *** *** ****** **** *******!!! Evil or Very Mad

editted by ecrabb, 9/7/2009, 10:22am

Oh, now THAT'S funny.

SC

draganm wrote:
is this a joke? I have nothing against anyone here but first thing Steve did was edit Clarence's post, 5th one down.There is no way in hell this will work out, too many people don't get along with Steve. I think moderators should be a little more even keeled and not so quick to flare up. For instance, I would make a bad moderator.
Otherwise Kal why not just invite the Kyser over and have him moderate? I have a feeling this will become one of those "open forum as long as you agree with the mod's" Sad

garyfritz wrote:
A joke **BY CLARENCE** unless I'm seriously mistaken. I thought it was absolutely brilliant and hilarious.

Steve is definitely on the conservative side, but he's intelligent and fair. I have no problem with him as a mod.

Absolutely unacceptable. I can not believe you guys are going to tolerate blatent censorship. What has happened to our open forum? If our views don't agree with Curt and Kal's inner clique, then that can get fixed with a few clicks by a mod?! That's BS. Yes, it was a joke.

editted by ecrabb, 9/8/2009, 6:59am
garyfritz

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C'mon Clarence. If you're gonna pull the same gag twice, you should at least spell "edited" the same way both times!!! LOL Laughing

Editted.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  2.61 KB
 Viewed:  16948 Time(s)

Editted.gif

Tom.W

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK Gary quit making fun of Clarence just because he sometimes stutters on line.....Da da da da thats not funny ! Wink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI4otTziYjk

Mr. Green
ecrabb
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: JVC RS40, Epson 5010

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the support, guys!
perisoft wrote:
I think I pissed you off a couple of times, SC, but I certainly have no qualms about you moderating. Anyone who can make a crab anigif look that cool is fine in my book.

Dude... Nobody in this forum has ever "pissed me off". Mildly annoyed maybe, pissed of - no. Wink Like I said before, there isn't really anybody in this forum I wouldn't sit down and BS with over some drinks. Seriously. I know it might look like I'm a little wrapped around the axle in some of the political threads (Greg accuses me of it all the time Wink), but I think it's mostly just my writing style. I really don't get "mad" at anybody. Like Greg, I enjoy the sparring and though provocation that goes on in the political threads.

No, the only time I was even mildly annoyed with you was when you were 'shopping RonHolm's avatars and using it as your own (which was also confusing at a glance)... So, I chided you a little and (I think) goaded you into using a photo of your freakin' kick ass sim hardware in your avatar... which was a superior alternative, IMHO. Mission accomplished. Smile

SC
View user's photo album (10 photos)
draganm

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:40 pm    Post subject: Re: FYI: ecrabb (SC) is now a moderator Reply with quote

ecrabb wrote:
First of all, I'm totally surprised that you'd say too many people don't get along with me! Seriously? Who? I think in all my years here, I think I've only had one or two interactions where anything was even vaguely personal. The rest was political sparring, and I've always treated it as such. I've always tried to be respectful, and even if I get a little jazzed up and disagree, I could easily shake hands and have a beer with anybody in this forum; in some cases, I have!

C) I will NEVER change or edit anybody's post. See previous item.
Cheers,
SC

It seems like some of the political threads got a little nasty and it concerns when comments like " are you braind dead" or "only a moron would say that" get tossed out by someoone who the then becomes a mod but if no one holds a grudge at the end of the day then that's all that matters. the off topic forum isn't important to me and we're all here because of passion for HT. if there's truly no editing or deleting then I'll be happy to be proven wrong on my concerns.
View user's photo album (2 photos)
ecrabb
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:33 pm    Post subject: Re: FYI: ecrabb (SC) is now a moderator Reply with quote

draganm wrote:
It seems like some of the political threads got a little nasty and it concerns when comments like " are you braind dead" or "only a moron would say that" get tossed out by someoone who the then becomes a mod

Well, in my grade school playground defense, I'm not usually the one that whips stuff like that out first. A couple of our Californian buddies have a tendency to whip those out and I sometimes respond in kind... Against my better judgment. Wink

draganm wrote:
but if no one holds a grudge at the end of the day then that's all that matters. the off topic forum isn't important to me and we're all here because of passion for HT. if there's truly no editing or deleting then I'll be happy to be proven wrong on my concerns.

No grudges here and rest assured I wouldn't think of doing anything but continuing in the tradition already well-established by Kal, Curt and Jeremy. Believe me when I say I wouldn't even have the urge to maliciously edit or delete somebody else's post - much less act on it. I was frankly surprised to see you express your concern the way you did.

The only thing I think you and I have had between us is a few times I've had to call you out on our G70 bashing... Which was well-deserved, IMHO. Very Happy

Cheers,
SC
Clarence

PostLink    Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garyfritz wrote:
C'mon Clarence. If you're gonna pull the same gag twice, you should at least spell "edited" the same way both times!!! LOL Laughing

Weird... I spell edited with one "t", like I did in the earlier post. In this second reply, I copied/pasted and it shows up with 2 t's. But I think I prefer the moderators using strike-out instead of asterisks. Wink

Hmmm... additional evidence for the conspiracy theory... I suspect some more heavy-handed, unscrupulous moderating is involved again.
greg_mitch

PostLink    Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ecrabb wrote:
Thanks for the support, guys!
perisoft wrote:

Dude... Nobody in this forum has ever "pissed me off". Mildly annoyed maybe, pissed of - no. Wink Like I said before, there isn't really anybody in this forum I wouldn't sit down and BS with over some drinks. Seriously. I know it might look like I'm a little wrapped around the axle in some of the political threads (Greg accuses me of it all the time Wink), but I think it's mostly just my writing style. I really don't get "mad" at anybody. Like Greg, I enjoy the sparring and though provocation that goes on in the political threads.

No, the only time I was even mildly annoyed with you was when you were 'shopping RonHolm's avatars and using it as your own (which was also confusing at a glance)... So, I chided you a little and (I think) goaded you into using a photo of your freakin' kick ass sim hardware in your avatar... which was a superior alternative, IMHO. Mission accomplished. Smile

SC

Now don't get me involved in this, you tightly wound overreacting right wing nut job!!

Wink Twisted Evil
ecrabb
Forum Moderator

PostLink    Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

greg_mitch wrote:
Now don't get me involved in this, you tightly wound overreacting right wing nut job!!

Alright, fine... I won't involve you... Ya pinko commie left-wing loon!

Wink Twisted Evil

SC
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ecrabb wrote:
greg_mitch wrote:

Alright, fine... I won't involve you... Ya pinko commie left-wing loon!

Wink Twisted Evil

SC

Boy's can't we all just get along? Wink

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
johnsonkid

PostLink    Posted: Mon May 16, 2011 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know how you feel about those spammers they have begun an onslaught here at CP and its aggravating!!!!

Keep them at bay SC !!!!!
km987654

TV/Projector: Barco BG809s

PostLink    Posted: Mon May 16, 2011 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks entertaining!
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: