Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

LG BD550 HMDI Video Output Problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Source Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zolzar

PostLink    Posted: Mon May 09, 2011 10:09 pm    Post subject: LG BD550 HMDI Video Output Problem Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
I just purchased a LG BD550 and just can't get any HDMI signal through to my Samsung in my living room. The player is located 25 feet away from the TV in a media closet. I tested all output resolutions and still no signal message being displayed on the TV. The TV is aware there is a device attached as it displays the HDMI input as an option, otherwise it would not be available.

My comcast output works fine through the connection. My Sony BD-S550 works well and so does my old beater $20 phillips DVD player. So it seems my HDMI wires are fine. It appears that the problem exists with the LG and a low output signal.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks,

John
Curt Palme
CRT Tech

TV/Projector: All of them!

PostLink    Posted: Mon May 09, 2011 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well first off take the player and put it right at the TV to make sure that the HDMI output is working. Then do a firmware update.
Zolzar

PostLink    Posted: Mon May 09, 2011 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Curt!
I did hook it up right to the TV and all was well. That's how I managed to get into the menu to drop down the output resolutions. I should have mentioned that before.

I'll give the firmware update a shot and go from there.

Thanks!
AnalogRocks
Forum Moderator

TV/Projector: Sony 1252Q, AMPRO 4000G

PostLink    Posted: Mon May 09, 2011 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might try adding a buffered ( amplified) HDMI switcher. I've seen cases where, as you have found, one source works fine with a cable but another will not. Most times it's solved with a new cable or by adding a buffered switcher.

CRT.

HD done right!
View user's photo album (27 photos)
Zolzar

PostLink    Posted: Mon May 09, 2011 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As bad as I want this new thing to work I may simply leave it alone since I'm moving out of this house in less than two months. The cable will be a pain the A$$ since I pulled all the wire when I had the walls open before putting up drywall. I'll save the expense for the new house which will need plenty of modern technological upgrades.

Yes kids....here is another example of why digital just isn't better.

John
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Source Devices All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: