Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

LG 44-NA 11T Rear Projection CRT TV help

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Direct View Televisions and Monitors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:19 am    Post subject: LG 44-NA 11T Rear Projection CRT TV help Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
Hello people, i have an LG 44-NA 11T CRT 100Hz Rear Projection TV belonging to a good friend of mine that has some problems.

1: Servere bowing of the green picture at the sides, curves upwards at the edges, sides seem to be straight. Cant be corrected via convergence, as this unit only has single point convergence via standard menu. Red and blue pictures seem to be very well aligned and quite straight and square.

2: Component input on the rear panel has failed.

I had a look with the search and found nothing at all for LG Rear Projection, does anyone know the code for the remote to get into service mode and what can be adjusted in there?

Im yet to open the set, but i suspect track corrosion may be the culprit, however i certainly wouldnt like to bet any money on anything without looking further. Hopefully someone will be able to give me some pointers on these sets Smile

Thanks very much in advance Thumbs Up
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This model number does not even come up on LG's site. Post a pic of the label on the back.
macgyver655

PostLink    Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i got bored and did some hunting and your correct model number is RE, RL or RT44NA11T. All are the same chassis so specific one is not important. I have some service data for you if needed. Do you have the original remote? If so does it have a SVC button. That chassis should have the STK392-120 convergence chips. It does have multipoint convergence for all 3 colors in the service menu. I just need to determine what remote you have and clarify some of the buttons.
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant cause i dont have a digital camera anymore, but that is the correct model number, and its pretty much the only thing written on the label apart from the supply requirements ( 220v-240v AC, 295watts )

There is a good chance it wont come up on a US LG site cause its not a US model, im not sure what other country besides Australia it was sold in.

Thanks mate Smile
CasetheCorvetteman

PostLink    Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, youre right there mate, im sorry about that, i left the RT off!!

Yes its got the original remote, although i dont know if it has the SVC button you refer to, id have to look into it further. I dont think id be able to correct this green bow with the electronics though after looking at it again, its a 44 inch screen and its over 1 inch out at the top corners.

Thanks very much for your help and for taking the time to look into it for me, i really appreciate that!!

I havent got the space to work on this rig at the moment, but as soon as i do, ill get onto you if you dont mind. Thanks again for your help!!
bobstives

PostLink    Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:30 am    Post subject: Did you ever fix the LG 110 cm Rear Proj TV? Reply with quote

Hello mate: I also have an LG RT44-NA11T 100Hz Rear Projection TV

It has the exact same problem you described: Massive bowing of the green picture at the sides, curves upwards at the edges, sides seem to be straight. Cant be corrected via convergence, and red and blue pictures seem to be very well aligned and quite straight and square.

Did you ever get this fixed? Can it be fixed by the service menu, is something way out of alignment or did it need parts? Any idea of cost to fix this problem

Thanks...

PostLink    Posted: Sun May 08, 2011 10:32 am    Post subject: STK 392-120 Reply with quote

Hello, swap the two STK 392-120, responsible for convergence, the two that are on the board first, where are the two big heatsinks. I replaced my LG TV 44na, and solved the problem. Good Luck.

Mario
Brazil - Rio Grande do Sul
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Direct View Televisions and Monitors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: