Return to the CurtPalme.com main site CurtPalme.com Home Theater Forum
A forum with a sense of fun and community for Home Theater enthusiasts!
Products for Sale ] [ FAQ: Hooking it all up ] [ CRT Primer/FAQ ] [ Best/Worst CRT Projectors List ] [ Setup Tips & Manuals ] [ Advanced Procedures ] [ Newsletters ]

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist  Photo AlbumsPhoto Albums  RegisterRegister 
 MembershipClub Membership   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 
Blu-ray disc release list and must-have titles. Buy the latest and best Blu-ray titles to show off in your home theater!

LCD / LED TV suggestions

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Direct View Televisions and Monitors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drice1234

PostLink    Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:39 pm    Post subject: LCD / LED TV suggestions Reply with quote

Register to remove this ad. It's free!
OK, I am redoing the setup in the family room at the owner of our companies house. I am replacing a 52" lcd, receiver, dvd player and speakers. The center and front surrounds are just sitting on a shelf above the TV and the subwoofer is off to the side of the tv. The idea is to make it simple so I want to elimate the receiver and speakers and install a sound bar on the shelf either above or below the tv. He does have some in ceiling surrounds that if the sound bar is capable of I could hook back up. I am going to replace the dvd player with a blu ray and have him upgrade his cable box to HD with hdmi. I need to stick with a 52" screen due to the space I have within the cabinet. The tv can be no more than 49" wide. There is a lot of windows in this room and he complains that he has to close the shades to see the existing screen properly. I am looking at and LED because I have read that it it brighter and when I looked at them in the store they have matte screen that should reduce glare. The tv I am leaning towards is the Sharp LC52Le830U for about $1,400 at Best Buy. I would like to keep the sound bar and blu ray the same brand but cannot find anyone local that has the Sharp sound bars in stock. I had thought about 3D but do not see a 77 year old man and his wife sitting around with 3d glasses on. He almost exclusively watches just cable on this tv. I would welcome any other suggestions. Also, he keeps his components behind sliding wood doors and currently has an ir receiver on the outside of the cabinet that connects to a unit that has 4 outputs from which ir emmitters go out to the different devices and stick on the front. I can keep this in place.
Thanks
Dan
Ridebreck

PostLink    Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just dropped a little over a grand on a Panny TC-P50S30 at the house of the blue shirts. It's a plasma, but has a matte screen that rejects glare quite well. It's just a tad over 47" wide. All in all, a pretty good set.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly view    CurtPalme.com Forum Index -> Direct View Televisions and Monitors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: